HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:18 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,773 Posts
Thanks for the vote of confidence fixin lol they really have no idea where this storm is heading yet but were ready I guess

Snowman that's awesome on the loom that will be a fun project for sure and then maybe you can oom some good pane covering designs good luck with the trip actually you might be back by now

Wayne I liked Dallas when we flew into there, looked pretty cool unfortuneately we were just being sent to Dallas to catch a plane to Jamaica when we missed the cruise ship, it was all stormy so we didn't see much until we broke through the clouds then landed 5 minutes later and the same when we left within the hour lol
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:01 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,977 Posts
(To the tune of White Christmas) *I'm dreaming of a white Halloweeeeen..........just like so many we've had before.......where the children shiver and their parents quiver........trick or treating door to door..........Oh, I'm.....dreaming of a white Halloweeeeeen.....with every fuel bill I send.........May the hour of daylight be Merry and Bright......and may all your Halloweeeeeens be white.* Snow is on the ground folks........winter is here!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:27 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,504 Posts
Gotta pic there snowy?
We've started having freezing mornings an 50 degree highs mixed with some 60's.
I havn't done much on my planes and the new power supply I started dosen't produce the 12.5 that I like. It's a PC power supply thats putting out 11.90 volts. Most of those type of supplys should have a pot some where to adjust the voltage.
Anyways I got that on the table.
Of course I'm ready for sunday flying with the green machine and the trainer.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:57 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Good one Snowman!

I'm still hoping to fly tomorrow. I have work to do today and a costume party tonight.

I hope everyone has a good flying day today. Maybe we will see some vids?

Good luck with the heauxdown Waldo!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:17 AM
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
(To the tune of White Christmas) *I'm dreaming of a white Halloweeeeen..........just like so many we've had before.......where the children shiver and their parents quiver........trick or treating door to door..........Oh, I'm.....dreaming of a white Halloweeeeeen.....with every fuel bill I send.........May the hour of daylight be Merry and Bright......and may all your Halloweeeeeens be white.* Snow is on the ground folks........winter is here!
you're 2 weeks behind lol
Outlw36 is online now Find More Posts by Outlw36
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:54 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,773 Posts
Quote:
(To the tune of White Christmas) Snow is on the ground folks........winter is here!
Snowman thats great LOL (not about the snow on the ground)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Gotta pic there snowy?
Of course I'm ready for sunday flying with the green machine and the trainer.
Awesome Kerwin Get out there and rip it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
I'm still hoping to fly tomorrow. I have work to do today and a costume party tonight.
Good luck with the heauxdown Waldo!!
Hope you have a fun costume party Plow as far as the Hodown goes Explanation below.

Flight report
What an awesome day for flying I mean 0 wind upper 50's maybe 60's
The Edge with the 91FX flew awesome, I'm really going to enjoy getting to know that bird better As I have no idea what I'm doing and she kind of just does stuff on her own Making me look like a pretty fun flying guy lol

The Hodown
Well You couldn't have asked for a better day to try and get low and win this competition But I have a pretty good reason wehy I didn't even get to try. I've finally figured out a way to get Jack211 the Snowman and myself all into the sky at once well Snowman brought me a great gift so I put the fuse of Jack211's T_ _ _ T as the heart and soul of the Twipe strapped it all together last night and had 2 flights with her today The 1st flight was awesome and fun as always but I did flip over as usual on the runway as it landed a little hot and I tried to turn it before I ran out of runway, the 2nd flight was awesome just the same but we weren't filming of course on that one and it was the 2nd non walk of shame for the Twip in its life LOL Figures But vids of the day were recorded and hopefully will be up this week sometime, I can only hope for the same type of weather next weekend to get my hodown entry in well one way or the other I'll have an entry by then, it would have just been so much easier today but thats boring anyway lets kick up those 80 mph winds and then try lol
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:37 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,072 Posts
Mall Show Today!
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:54 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
This is pretty awesome.

TOP 10 BEST LANDINGS (and missed approaches) (2 min 50 sec)
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:18 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Mall Show Today!
DOG you have to LOVE a mall like that

Wayne great vid lol makes me feel like an ace almost
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:13 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
You hurricane people, buckle down, stay safe.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:59 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,460 Posts
Cool video

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:25 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,977 Posts
What's a mall?
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:15 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,072 Posts
Quote:
What's a mall?
Its that place that has those Aunt Annie's Pretzles and Craftsman Tools.

Outside of that... I am not sure. Since our club has obtained a non profit status, we get to hang out in the mall for free with out toys. It really was cool to see how many or the "Lady" shoppers were stopping and taking cell phone pics to tell their husband or kids "see, you should have come, look what was at the Mall".

One of our Heli guys set up a demo area for kids and would talk them in to flying a heli.... Little girls were steppin right up to fly and kicking butt doning so. Little boys, the majority, were too bashful or not as interested.... Makes you wonder what is going on today.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:16 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Its that place that has those Aunt Annie's Pretzles and Craftsman Tools.

Outside of that... I am not sure. Since our club has obtained a non profit status, we get to hang out in the mall for free with out toys. It really was cool to see how many or the "Lady" shoppers were stopping and taking cell phone pics to tell their husband or kids "see, you should have come, look what was at the Mall".

One of our Heli guys set up a demo area for kids and would talk them in to flying a heli.... Little girls were steppin right up to fly and kicking butt doning so. Little boys, the majority, were too bashful or not as interested.... Makes you wonder what is going on today.
I would love to find that going on in a mall. Can't say I have ever seen anything related to RC in a display (except those gawd awful cheap toy things). I remember this one pos helicopter kiosk I was just looking at once and the clueless guy hawking them kept telling me "it goes over 250 feet". Uh... great. Yes I'm sure it will go 250 feet... then into the ground.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:26 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
not too windy today - a few flights on the Kadet, Mini-swift, and Pizza Box.