HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:15 AM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,594 Posts
You know, all those problems with flight lines and stuff are easily cured by diving under a table..........
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:17 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMatta View Post
You know, all those problems with flight lines and stuff are easily cured by diving under a table..........
I have seen that work.... if you have tables
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:18 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,178 Posts
Hey Kerwin, sorry to add insult to injury, but didn't you say that your CarDiNalS were going to the World Series? Didn't they just lose that opportunity by losing 3 games in a row to the Giants? Now they don't even get to lose to the Tigers, the Giants get that pleasure! *Since I really don't give a damn about sports.......it must be that snow is once again forecasted that's bringing this pissy-competitive attitude to the forefront....forgive me....I know not what I do!*

The skies are angry this morning as tar black clouds steam past the moon fracturing the feeble, waxing light into frozen frames of the supernatural. Illuminated by this strobe-effect are the last of the night-zephyrs stealing the street's robe of fresh-fallen leaves and a stray dog that appears to travel further than it should with every blink of light as the dark of night conceals it's true speed. I exit my land yacht, having delivered my girls to school, and rush up the sidewalk towards the front door listening to the tarp, that covers my boat, flap violently against the hull. I'm stopped in my tracks as suddenly the air is filled with the smell of dill, the wind has blown so fiercely that the remaining dill weeds in the garden have been thrashed by one another to the point of an odoriferous explosion! I open the door and enter into the warmth that only burning money can give.......winter isn't just hiding around the corner.....it looms straight ahead......a multi-story tidal wave.....dark and all consuming.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:07 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Your writing sounds so familiar to me, a composite perhaps, but certainly heavily influenced by one or two authors who I have enjoyed. The problem is, I can't quite put my finger on which! Grrrrrr!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:09 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
By the way, I have the day off today and I hope to go flying! That is, after I deal with the DMV. We all know that could take forever!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:15 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
It seems like only the discount stuff seems to have beds in stock.
I know,,, isnt that the weirdest thing lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMatta View Post
Thats just funnry rigcht dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I have seen that work.... if you have tables
we have tables and cars on the flight line

Back when I first started flying when I was 8 these guys used to draw straws on the real crappy days to see who was going to test the skys it would be bitter cold out, high winds, snowing or raining, maybe thats why I don't mind those elements, lol we flew in a field next to school buses, when A plane would be out of control coming toward the flight line it was funny to see everyone jumping into bus doors this one guy proclaimed to be self taught and was very proud but his plane was all over the sky diving and swooping everywhere we all stood NEXT to the bus doors when he was in the air so we could just step in lol the dives could hurt sometimes if you hit the step wrong lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Now they don't even get to lose to the Tigers, the Giants get that pleasure! *Since I really don't give a damn about sports.......it must be that snow is once again forecasted that's bringing this pissy-competitive attitude to the forefront....forgive me....I know not what I do!*

winter isn't just hiding around the corner.....it looms straight ahead......a multi-story tidal wave.....dark and all consuming.
What happened to those Lions last night Baseballwhats baseball once the Yankees are gone the season has ended lol

Loved the Dill story ROTFLOL and your right I think winter is here They just cropped down the field of corn around my house yesterday turning my 1 acre runway into a 200 acre runway really as now I can get low without having to dive down 15 feet to the runway the temps are in the high 50's even high 60's and now they're forcasting a possible Nor'easter for next monday Tues No no No !!! There will be no snow until at least December I'm not ready to close down the field.
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:17 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,901 Posts
Plow you slipped that in LOL Good luck at DMV when you walk in just yell Bomb You'll be out of there in seconds hopefully not in handcuffs maybe not such a good idea
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:23 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Plow you slipped that in LOL Good luck at DMV when you walk in just yell Bomb You'll be out of there in seconds hopefully not in handcuffs maybe not such a good idea
That might have worked back in 98! Lol
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:49 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,492 Posts
The Bears win and Cutler is still alive. It wasn't pretty, but the Bears defense rocks. Charles Tillman is awesome. That is all.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:58 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
Waldo I've got a similar field next to my apt. Only it's beans, this year. I'm thinking what a great flying field with skis.
I've seen david and snowy both fly their twist on skis.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:05 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
O BTW snowy, if the T I double ers Tiggers lose Giants, then we'll never know who really could beat who
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:21 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Your writing sounds so familiar to me, a composite perhaps, but certainly heavily influenced by one or two authors who I have enjoyed. The problem is, I can't quite put my finger on which! Grrrrrr!
I hope you haven't heard it before as I penned it this morning! *From the movie "Dune"...........Plow, "get out of my head!" (Where the Queen Mother shrieks at Quizat haderach)*

[QUOTE=Waldopepperaxe;23077558
What happened to those Lions last night Baseballwhats baseball once the Yankees are gone the season has ended lol

They just cropped down the field of corn around my house yesterday turning my 1 acre runway into a 200 acre runway really as now I can get low without having to dive down 15 feet to the runway the temps are in the high 50's even high 60's and now they're forcasting a possible Nor'easter for next monday Tues No no No !!! There will be no snow until at least December I'm not ready to close down the field.[/QUOTE] Dude, for your sake I hope your home sells, but you have an awesome place to fly right where you are! Football is better played than watched! Nough said! (And not at our age!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
O BTW snowy, if the T I double ers Tiggers lose Giants, then we'll never know who really could beat who
My uncle said it best: "I watch sports in self-defense." Meaning that he didn't really care to watch sports, but that's all his co-workers talked about......sad really.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:37 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
That might have worked back in 98! Lol
Don't do it PB. The Troopers don't have a sense of humor when it comes to that. They always have a couple there.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:39 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
He who controls the spice.....
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,178 Posts
.........and how can this be? For he IS the Quizat haderach!