HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:52 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Kerwin.......that's a bummer man.......but rules are made to be broken! The only time you need to apologize is if you draw blood....otherwise the next thing you know.....you'll be sitting in the woods crying over recent logging operations!

Ahaha!! Slipped that in on me!! Touché!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:55 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,749 Posts
Well put plow and glad you and creole had a great time you guys have a great relationship and its always great to hear of your adventures together we just got new pillows from walmart last week lol much needed as our old ones were like pancakes, dang now I need a good ol corncake
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:02 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
Good luck with the showing Waldo. It sounds like this new agent is working harder than the last one!
Great! Now I have to get up early and make pancakes or waffles!!!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:02 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,916 Posts
Sheeeesh,......whats all this talk about feelings, pillows, weeping wenches wallowing in the woods stuff? Reach in them sweats and give the boys a good scratch....but when you withdraw that hand don't even think about running under your nose for a quick sniff....thats just sick.....and besides you probably need a shower after a long day on the couch!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:10 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Sheeeesh,......whats all this talk about feelings, pillows, weeping wenches wallowing in the woods stuff? Reach in them sweats and give the boys a good scratch....but when you withdraw that hand don't even think about running under your nose for a quick sniff....thats just sick.....and besides you probably need a shower after a long day on the couch!

You're just feeling frisky because you're so much lighter now! But you gotta stop spying on me, that's just creepy!!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:45 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
The golf video...

Family day and FPV golfing, Whats going on here Part 1 (9 min 42 sec)
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:13 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Wow that is a bummer Kerwin I always liked insane but that seems a little extreme, rather than just letting you know how he felt uncomfortable about that kind of flying when he was there, but what can you do, feelings are feelings I guess, its just too bad he feels that way because If I lived near you I would always look forward to flying with a fun fellow flyer such as yourself. heck even if you hit me I'd be laughing about it all the way to get my stitches don't take it to heart too much as different strokes for different folks, at least you weren't keeping the tigermoth as a Static display ( dig on wayne ) lol maybe it will all work out later on.
I agree with waldo completely Kerwin. You have angered another member, it is your job to do the right thing. If you have his mailing address I would send him a sincere apology letter, with that letter you shoould include a bottle of vagasil and some tampons. I hate people like that. I have a couple old farts at our field, they are always griping that I fly my UMX- Beast too close to the flight line, even if I am the only guy flying. Some people just want to be angry. Of course they can barely land on the runway on a calm day, but an ultra micro is to be feared in a knife edge within 50 feet. Good riddance man. One even asked me "and what happens if you lose control?" My response, "What could happen?" The dang thing weights a couple ounces. some people are just not worth the emotion we invest in them.
Wookster is online now Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:25 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,031 Posts
Kerwin.... Take it from a 4 year AMA Club president... People are people and more often then not, people that act like this are looking for someone to place blame for their general unhappiness with the hobby. Its easier to go home and sell everything and blame it on someone else.

Started my SHP again for another tank. about half way through I had no high end, it was doggy but no throttle was fine. I thought that little rx pack 4.8 must be low <test battery> and the light on my ignition switch had went out. Tossed in another battery, noo worries.

Ran for a while and then I seen a bright white LED flicker... looked closer and the power management for the two 8 amp regs had a red and a blue light. Left side Lipo was below acceptable voltage and it turned that side off and allowed the other side to continue. I know one lipo had more charge then the other cause I had loaned it to a friend and he brought it back fully charged.

Its nice to test all of the features on the ground and see them work.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:11 AM
Unregistered User
United States, MO, Winston
Joined Jan 2011
792 Posts
Kerwin50 don't even give it another thought. The fact that he doesnt want to fly with us is his problem. Some people are better off flying by themselves. I would rather have fun flying, then to have someone who complains and wants us to follow all the safety rules. We have been flying this way for years and nobody has got hurt ..........yet! Well......with the exception of my feelings,......my feelings are hurt because you are refusing to take pics of me with your shoe cam! Remember when I loaded up the bombay with rocks and attempted to bomb the kids playing in the creek at the soccer field? Probably not the safest move on my part. Or when I would fly my electric hotliner way up high, then shut the motor off and buzz the flightline with the silent attack. Or the time I got my plane chopped in half cause we wanted to fly formation. Our club is small and we have fun, and Im glad that you are apart of it.
Kerwin49 is offline Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:43 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,916 Posts
Kerwin.......you ok man? Don't kick the chair out from under yourself for two reasons: 1). The guy just isn't worth it......if he can't say it to your face then he's a pussy. 2). The rope won't hold.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:58 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,749 Posts
Wayne thanks for posting the link for me LOL

Kerwin49 if you guys fly like what you just described well then I have no choice but to report to my wife and say I'm moving down there with our club as thats how we like it up here too, the reason we haven't joined the bigger clubs in the area is because I hear too many stories about rules I can't take that, we have a blast and safety is the only thing on the list, but thats it, we practice safety and fun, when were flying at top speed down the flight line inverted or knife edging people know it, There fuel engines there is no hiding the fact lol we TRY not to fly behind the flight line especially when others are around and we are pretty good at it, but once in a while a plane will stray behind us either wind misjudgement or radio problems is the most common reason but Formation flying, FPV, dropping parachuters, golf balls, or shooting estes rockets is all welcome and permitted at our field. we encourage it as its all a part of the hobby. I know all of us T_ _ _Ted brothers here would have a fantastic time together. I thought we were suppose to be having a good time But I love our small club for just all these reasons we do what and how we want always. we haven't had any complaints yet But i guess its tough when there are only 7 of us LOL

Snowman LOL What is a couch and I don't have anything to scratch anymore unless I stop in the local food mart and get a lotto ticket. I lost those boys 20 years ago when I said "I do" I didn't know at the time I was replying to the question "would you like to surrender your marbles for the rest of your life"

DOG yes its fun to watch all the gizmos work on the ground LOL

Well I just gave the Edge her heart back, the 91FX is reinstalled Now I'll have to see if this engine runs as well seeing the 61FX ran great with the new tank in her.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:10 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Looking forward to the end of the election cycle, I will leave it at that.

Well, stuff happens at the field sometimes. I recently had a foamy get out of control inverted and hit a plane on a flight stand. Punched a hole in the verticle fin and make a brake. I made a temp patch for him and offered to do the repair but he declined.

I think we need to respect the flight line, other pilots, and stay out of the pits. Intentional and repeated offenses would get attention around here. We are pretty laid back for the most part though.

Well, Big Tex, the icon at the Texas State Fair, burned. The news just said they were having a funeral for him. They will make another one.

Off to Toronto tomorrow. I had the dates wrong last week.

It was windy all weekend and today. A little rain today which is always good. The pecan trees are really loaded down this year.

I cut the foam the F/A 18E was packed in to make a stand. I still don't want to move it around and get it dirty or dented.

I think the 7' Mothership will come through in about another week or so. I have a plan for the battery recess and stuff.

One guy has a Mr. Mulligan he wants help with.

The Trainer-65 went in hard the other day is not going to survive.

I guess I will get the glider for another tow test next. I have some modifications to do to it and I think it will go well the next time.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:14 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,749 Posts
Sorry to hear about big tex glad to hear they will rebuild it.

I hope the plans for 7' bird doesnt include the word Static :P

Have a safe trip and also sorry to hear about the trainer plane,
Good luck on the glider tow its awesome when it works great and pretty dang funny when it doesn't either way its a fun time.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:27 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Sorry to hear about big tex glad to hear they will rebuild it.

I hope the plans for 7' bird doesnt include the word Static :P

Have a safe trip and also sorry to hear about the trainer plane,
Good luck on the glider tow its awesome when it works great and pretty dang funny when it doesn't either way its a fun time.
Probably not. It won't be that pretty.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:26 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
Thanks guys, yeah K49 I think we are both two corrupt individuals. yes you buzzing the flight line with your easy star and me putting around the pits with my GWS pico tigermoth.
I'm so glad it was only me around that day he was there instead of both of us. He would of had a cow.
Wayne if you pass by my way, I'll buy you dinner or somthing. Maybe sneak in a few flights with one of my planes. You can even fly the green machine.
Well I was at my brothers today. We went to Sears to buy a bed and they can't deliver it till monday. We offered to drive to the ware house but they still said it would be saturday.
He's got back problems and is in need of a really good bed. It seems like only the discount stuff seems to have beds in stock.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Last edited by kerwin50; Oct 22, 2012 at 09:34 PM.