HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:42 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
O it was a good day an a bad day.
Now the wind had came up and was blowing down the runway out of the south at 15 plus mph.
I got out there at 1ish and after assembling the green machine , I took the little Edge up.
I was working on my KE's when 3 other of the boys showed up. After landing I had to head back home for a screw for my canopy. Now I was only gone a few minutes but K49 had managed to fly the tango while I was gone.
When I got back the wind had picked up alittle more, but I flew the little edge again. I thought I'd never get her landed, but did. after that Dan an Dan both flew. Dan alias K49 brought his styker and for some odd reason on high rates, once he entered a flat spin he couldn't get out of it. She landed flatspinning.
I flew the green machine and she was running great today. So I don't know what her issue was last week.
The other dan managed to film her along with some of the other flyers.
Now we were all having a good time flying till K49 remarked how for the wind nobody had crashed. Well once again he couldn't recover from a flat spin. The other Dan tore his fire wall out on his H-9 ultra stick and last but not least the Edge went in.
I had put a gen ace 1550 battery in it and flew her for some 4 minutes doing KE's and KE spins when I thought I'd spend the last minute working on my harriers. I got down low and when I throttle up she went into a hover about 2 to 3 feet off the ground and traveling north side ways in a hover. I was at full throttle and she was not climbing. I fought with her an fought with her finally leveling her out headed down wind when she stalled an hit the left wing tip. It appears to be very minor damage though.
All in all that was the good part.
I'm not going to go into the bad part, but lets just say it bummed me out.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:52 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Too bad on the carnage Kerwin. I stayed in the house.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:19 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
You run your starter backwards or are you playing with us?
I've never done it any other way since day 1 am I the only one ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I have days when I just have to be a spectator. That may be when I need to get the F/A 18E out.
You've just been demoted to mud membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Waldo, did you remember to shim your engine mount? Could it be engine incidence?
Its shimmed correctly it might have something to do with the small t_ _ _ t in the fuse lol but is very slight not to worry ill be getting that baby low working my way down

Snowdog great flying I love those hovers blowing backwards with the winds that just plain old fun fun fun right there way to kick it off in the hodown gonna have to get serious now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
That's when you pull out the CA from your toolkit and add a few drops to the tumbler of the new lock! If it was me...I'd pull out the torches and weld the damn gate closed! But that's just me.!
That's awesome stuff lol I agree maybe even an electric charge on it like a dog collar type voltage lol

Kerwin50 great flight report I hope the bad news doesn't involve the green machine

Kerwin49 lol great to hear from you again, flatspin landings just sound like killer fun

Well my friend put up the video of the FPV golf game drop ill post it tomorrow when I'm not using this phone no big deal can't really see the ball drop or at least I didn't but it did land about 8 feet from the bucket so the rules and game play instructions have been worked out also if you love flying and golfing this is the best of both worlds maybe we could convince some golf resorts to let us actually play on their fairways then wed have serious wide open perfectly smooth runways lol
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:19 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,177 Posts
Kerwin, I opted not to fly this evening, but rather put another 220 miles on your motorcycle. What a great ride.......to Baraga, then Nisula, then Pelkie, Houghton, Lake Linden, Gay, Mohawk, Cedar Bay and then home! My goal was to drain the full tank of premium gas I bought from Murphy's.....only after filling it did I read the sticker and it had ethanol!! There's no way I'm storing that bike for the winter with ethanol gas in the system.......now I can fill it with ethanol-free gas and Sta-Bil.

The batteries are all charged for tomorrow, but it looks like nasty weather coming for the entire week!!!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:22 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,177 Posts
Hey Waldo........can I putt using my rudder? Put that in your rulebook!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,177 Posts
What's with Kerwin's team.......the CArdInALs.....are they just milking all the fans for their hard-earned money and extending the series? Could it be that they want the millions of dollars for every extra game that the series will run for ? You bet........baseball, as well as most professional sports just suck, period! My 2 cents.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:41 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,901 Posts
Snowman did you get a copy of the instructions lol of course that's how you have to putt I do like that idea our rules are all with actually dropping the ball for each shot. Ill post the directions and see what replies can help improve the fun and have fun flying tomorrow
Sounds like you had one beautiful bike ride do you have someone on the back with a shotgun hunting for dinner also.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:45 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,177 Posts
Waldo........motorcycles and deer don't mix well. I prefer to ride solo this time of year......way too much deer activity..........my children need their mother.....I'm just chopped liver.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:47 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,901 Posts
Lol what about partridge
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:00 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,901 Posts
Oops I didn't see the I ride solo part for some reason dang phone, and yes why is it us men feel like we are expendable compared to the mamas? Oh wait because we are lol

Well we get to take the docks out of the water this friday were way over due for that lol usually we get them out just after labor day weekend standing in 50 degree watwr for 3-4 hours is numbing lol

Almost finsihed the friends roof maybe by Tuesday, showing the house tomorrow
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:28 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
Good luck Waldo.
Guys I'm alittle bummed about a past fellow twister named insanemoondoggie quitting the club.
It seems he was offended my me flyling my little gws pico tigermoth in the pits. I'd also managed to crash my flat foamie close to the flight line while hovering it.
He wrote an told another club memeber he'd rather fly alone than fly with the likes of me.
This really hurt my feelings and you boys are the only ones I can express this to
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:36 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,177 Posts
Kerwin.......that's a bummer man.......but rules are made to be broken! The only time you need to apologize is if you draw blood....otherwise the next thing you know.....you'll be sitting in the woods crying over recent logging operations!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:47 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Awww Kerwin, that sucks! For what it's worth, I never felt uncomfortable flying with you, although I got the feeling that I made you a little nervous!! Lol
I'm sure it's hard for you to think that this guy dropped out because of you, but he may just be looking for a way out. If someone makes me nervous when they fly, I just make sure I'm on the ground when they are in the air, that way I can keep my eye on their plane. I have flown with some dangerous flyers before and the were all circle flyers, not advanced circle flyers like you!! Still, you should never fly over the flight line on behind it. Apologize for doing that and make an effort to keep your planes out a little further, beyond that there is nothing you can do. As I said, he may have other reasons and you might have been a convenient target. If he wants to quit, let him. It's his choice and try not to take it personally. Remover my moto, don't sweat the petty things, just pet the sweaty things!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:50 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
CreoleBaby and I loved the movie! We went out for Chinese food and then to the movie. Afterwards we went to Walmart and got her a new pillow, since she left hers at the slumber party, and a new poster for her bedroom. I love that goofy child!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:50 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,901 Posts
Wow that is a bummer Kerwin I always liked insane but that seems a little extreme, rather than just letting you know how he felt uncomfortable about that kind of flying when he was there, but what can you do, feelings are feelings I guess, its just too bad he feels that way because If I lived near you I would always look forward to flying with a fun fellow flyer such as yourself. heck even if you hit me I'd be laughing about it all the way to get my stitches don't take it to heart too much as different strokes for different folks, at least you weren't keeping the tigermoth as a Static display ( dig on wayne ) lol maybe it will all work out later on.