Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Too purdy to fly.
NO HANGAR QUEENS!!!!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:05 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,372 Posts
Well, I got out to fly today - weather was excellent. Got to fly the 65" Vyper - I think my cooling problems have been solved. Then I got to fly my T__T 60. Way too much fun. I've got to get the 16x4W prop on there to give me better speed control. With the 15x6 it is difficult to keep the right throttle speed to maintain a hover when there is any wind. Problem is the 16x4W is so wide that my spinner won't go on, even after I modified it. Last time I had a 16x4W on this plane I had to grind a hollow spot in the blade itself to get it to fit..probably gonna have to do that again, or get a bigger spinner...but I've got a 3 or 3.5" spinner on there already! I'm uploading the video now, I'll post again when it's done uploading. Probably not a winning entry for the heauxdown, but still it will be the first entry, so IF NO ONE ELSE GETS VIDEO, then I'll win by default! Cmon guys, let's go!

Oh yeah, gonna go back out tomorrow, weather is supposed to be fabulous! It's been three weeks since I flew, but wow, this weather was worth the wait!!!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:11 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Well, I got out to fly today - weather was excellent. Got to fly the 65" Vyper - I think my cooling problems have been solved. Then I got to fly my T__T 60. Way too much fun. I've got to get the 16x4W prop on there to give me better speed control. With the 15x6 it is difficult to keep the right throttle speed to maintain a hover when there is any wind. Problem is the 16x4W is so wide that my spinner won't go on, even after I modified it. Last time I had a 16x4W on this plane I had to grind a hollow spot in the blade itself to get it to fit..probably gonna have to do that again, or get a bigger spinner...but I've got a 3 or 3.5" spinner on there already! I'm uploading the video now, I'll post again when it's done uploading. Probably not a winning entry for the heauxdown, but still it will be the first entry, so IF NO ONE ELSE GETS VIDEO, then I'll win by default! Cmon guys, let's go!

Oh yeah, gonna go back out tomorrow, weather is supposed to be fabulous! It's been three weeks since I flew, but wow, this weather was worth the wait!!!
Forget the spinner, just put a spinner nut on it.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:16 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,372 Posts
Quote:
Forget the spinner, just put a spinner nut on it.
I don't have one the right size.

I tried hand starting the engine (using a chicken stick) with the 16x4W on there without a spinner, but that didn't work, so I put the 15x6 back on and the spinner as well, and it fired right up with the starter.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:20 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
I don't have one the right size.

I tried hand starting the engine (using a chicken stick) with the 16x4W on there without a spinner, but that didn't work, so I put the 15x6 back on and the spinner as well, and it fired right up with the starter.

Crud! What engine? Can't be a Saito or OS.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:20 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,372 Posts
Quote:
Crud! What engine? Can't be a Saito or OS.
Saito FA-115
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:57 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Snowman, you gotta stop making your girls work do hard around the place, her hands looked almost manly!!
Them's fightin' words! I pamper the women in my house! I didn't say that that was her playing! Matter of fact.....I told her I couldn't find anyone on Youtube that played it as good as she did and that she should post one of her playing the piece!
Kerwin, I am a lucky man....and I'm going to miss her something fierce when she leaves for college........she fills these walls with music all the livelong day!
Flight report: I drove out to the field after supper hoping to get at least two hours of flying in.........I ran one battery through the Yard Stik (all fixed) and then this guy, who's stopped by many times before, stops by again and starts chewing my ear off (no, Plow, not literally...figuratively)........as he's talking to me i stood in utter horror as he takes a lick of his sucker and then lets his dog take a lick.......a little while later the dogs takes a bite and the guy pulls it from his mouth and says that the rest is his!!!! Anyway........the social worker in me listened to his spiel and I ended up not flying anymore........then the ice cold fog rolled in......and I excused myself from having to listen to any more dribble.......(I'm not a very good social worker.)
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:22 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
I guess you guys didn't read where I straightened the shaft out at the field? When I got home my second youngest daughter was playing at the piano this beautiful piece.
Oh I read that but you said you fixed it which is what I was saying sorry to you having to fix it. That piece is an awesome piece and was it or not your daughter playing it? If so she has incredible talent and a beautiful finess in those fingers nicely done. And when people are talking to me that's when the ol nitro burner gets fired up as its tough to talk reving the engine

Quote:
The F/A 18E may become just a static display. I might take it to the warbird events, taxi around some and then park it.
Wayne I never want to hear such filthy language out of you again or you will lose your Gold member statis STATIC display is unexceptable.

Snowdog you can just turn the rubber starter piece around and start your plane without a spinner I do it all the time works great
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:12 PM
Joined Jan 2005
4,954 Posts
Waldo, no the video was of some dude playing the piece in question.....Thanks Plow.......for clearing it up for everyone!
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:15 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Yep on the spinner nut.
Yep on the flipping the rubber around on the starter.
Nope, didn't actually think that was Snowman's daughter, that was the joke! Where is the typical sense of humor around here?
I hope to fly before the wind picks up in the morning.
Prime the engine by opening the throttle and putting your thumb over the carb, then rotate the prop a few time until you pull fuel into the carb. Attach the glow driver and flip the prop backwards with the throttle set at idle. Should start right up. wash, rinse, repeat
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:27 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Waldo, no the video was of some dude playing the piece in question.....Thanks Plow.......for clearing it up for everyone!
My pleasure.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:33 PM
Joined Jan 2005
4,954 Posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:42 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
You gotta admit, that was pretty funny.