Joined Dec 2007
12,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
something like that.
That happened to me... Dern Lipo anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
DOG in Red with a kick arse school band Dude that stuff was awesome they are very good, and I know what plow means by a good drum line I was in a drum and baton marching band and once us drummers tried to get a FUNKY groove going and got yelled at during the march to get back on our beat lol we weren't a good drum line but we were average anyway lol
I am loving it Waldo, I am happy my daughter has gotten involved / excited about something like this and she is a part of a killer drum line. I just wish our football team was excited <lost 70-15 last night>

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Fog!!!! #%$#!#$$%# Fog!!!!!
Yeah... Was going to Spookfest this morning, 5 hour trip one way in the fog would have been 9 hours.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:46 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
That's impossible....you use Heinz 57 on prime rib. Completely incompatable with this family's genetic makeup. But we still love ya!
O wait a second snowy, I like A-1 as well LOL
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:52 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Well the boys arn't going to fly today. They're still thinking sunday. Sunday of course is going to be a bit on the windy side, and NO I'm not waldo, and on top of that I'm still twistless.
I did get the H stab glued on her though.
Later today the wife and I are hoping to go to the missouri dept of conservation gig on owls out at wallace state park.
I should be able to fly the little edge today though. That is if I ever get around.
I worked yesterday and am paying for it now.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:39 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,290 Posts
A1? Did you ever look what's in that! I tasted it once.....it was what I imagine licking the bottom of your boot would taste like after walking through a hog farm!!! And people put that stuff on food!!!! *disgusted smiley*

Flight report: The fog burned off shortly after my bitchin' so I grabbed my gear and headed for the field (now abandoned by some phantom soccer league). It was fairly calm so I flew the Tiger Moth till I got bored and switched over to the Yard Stik. I flew her for two batteries worth and while on the third......a factory solder joint on the ESC pin broke and she came down hard. So hard that motor shaft bent!! I checked the plane over and that was the extent of the damage.....I straightened it out at the field, but I needed to return home to solder not only the one broken joint, but to resolder all the others. I'm going to grab my double barrel and go hunt some partridge.......
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:19 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,074 Posts
good luck hunting snowman...

I got home late last night from my job hunting trip. This morning I couldn't help but work on the motor for my slick since the parts I was waiting for arrived while I was gone. Well, I'm glad to have a new carb While I was putting it on I didn't find any problems with the gaskets like I was anticipating. I made a new one anyway to replace one of them that always made me feel funny Anyway as I was bolting the carb on I noticed a gap in the gasket that goes between the front and back of the engine. I wiped it off real good with a cloth and put my mouth on there and gave it a puff of air. You guessed it... hardly any resistance at all and tons of are came shooting out of the carb. That be my leak I must have damaged that gasket when I took the motor apart to clean all the debris out after the crash. I took it all apart and replaced that gasket with silicone gasket maker. I hope it holds up. I think it should be fine. Now I'm just excited to get it all back together for a test run. Perhaps I'll be able to break away for an hour on Monday for that.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:43 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,331 Posts
Ad 120 volts and a single IPod with 3.5 to split balanced XLRs and you the neighbors coming out side.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,290 Posts
brathanke.......isn't it amazing the "attention to detail" one learns when he flies remote control airplanes for any length of time? When I first started I thought I always had my bases covered......I was humbled time and again until I realized you can't take much for granted. The whole process gave me a great sense of admiration for those that build, maintain, and fly full scale aircraft!

DOG.......those are some good looking speakers right there! Crank 'em up, though.....I still can't hear them!!!

Now, after a few little honey-do projects I can finally grab my gun and hit the woods! Later!
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:46 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,972 Posts
DOG yeah baby crank them things right up I'll let snowman know whe I hear them so he can prepare to dine and listen to your tunes Yeah tehdrum core stuff is awesome!!! nothing like a great drum line all playing perfectly together the power and showmanship is always cool to listen to and watch. you guys have a great section for sure

Snowman sorry to hear of the bent shaft I'm sure you'll put her back right though and the detail you speak of is truely with you just by the sets you made and designed and other projects you've shown us pics of and even your wrapping jobs on the planes are superb my friend.

Brathanke glad you got it figured out thats great !! half the battle is over once you discover the main problem

Kerwin Get out there and get us a flight report you don't have to be a waldo to enjoy a windy day everyone seems to think the wind is their enemy for some reason but truth is planes need wind to fly, when its real windy you just need less power until your going downwind then sometimes you need to throttle up so the wind isn't moving faster then your plane or your control surfaces get a little sluggish, "The wind is but a Toy to play with, not an enemy to defeat."

Flight report
Edge 540
Well all this time it was the fuel tank in the edge brand new out of the ARF box that came with the plane, My 61FX ran awesome on it today no overheating or dying of the engine, 91 FX is going back on her this week

FPV Kadet and Golf ball drop game.
Was successful I put a bucket at the end of the runway dropped a ball from about 30 feet up and she roled to within 10 feet of the bucket AWESOME !!!! this game could go viral my FPV camera got pretty fueled up today though I had to get out of the car and land it as I couldn't make out the runway Gonna have to get that nice long food tube Snomwan was talking about.

T_ _ _ t
was a freakin blast as always I'm really getting comfortable with her again flat spins are almost stationary I can hover her very nice but I haven't brought her real low yet as when I need to goose it, it likes to jack knife to the left and she gets very squirelly in a second so bringing her in too low would be bad I have to figure out whats causing that if I'm going to be a contender, I have no trouble holding a hover but to tail touch you need the plane to stay steady when making abrupt throttle adjustments in order to drop down backwards, I thought I might just be touching the rudder a little when moving the throttle but that wasn't it, something else is going on.

All in all a great day, trained my friends 2 kids on the kadet today also they were so funny, I loaded up a parachute guy they could release and the girl got so excited when she hit the button and the chute opened she put the box down and ran to catch him we were yelling HEY!!! your still flying!!! ROTFLMAO I guess that was like a REAL ejection from the pilot, what a blast of a day and almost no wind, no casualties from anyone, the fog was low and thick to start and my friend FPV'd into the clouds for a touch. but it burned off quick and then it got Hot almost 70 I think. is it next Saturday yet
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:35 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
That's a great report Waldo! I can just see those kids now getting all happy and excited!

Snowman, sorry to hear you got a bent shaft!!! could come in handy I guess! Lol

Nate, I'm glad you found your problem, now I know we will see some great vids as your confidence with your engine improves!

I didn't make it to the field this morning and now it's really windy! I did get to the hobby shop for a gallon of fuel.
I also just placed my first order with copy king! Fingers crossed on that one! Wayne gives them the thumbs up, so I'm feeling pretty good about it. I ordered some new servos and wires for the TT40. I just didn't want to put old ones or mismatched ones in her, considering she was rebuilt by Bob himself! Thanks again Bob!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:56 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
I also just placed my first order with copy king! Fingers crossed on that one! Wayne gives them the thumbs up, so I'm feeling pretty good about it. I ordered some new servos and wires for the TT40. I just didn't want to put old ones or mismatched ones in her, considering she was rebuilt by Bob himself! Thanks again Bob!
I have tons of orders with "Copy the Best" and never had an issue once. They sell the best little 9 gram Corona Digital servo, and no one else carries them. This sux since I stopped buying from them.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:27 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Snowman, sorry to hear you got a bent shaft!!! could come in handy I guess! Lol
ROFLMAO!!

I guess you guys didn't read where I straightened the shaft out at the field? Cause if you did read it (and understood it as well) you fellas are just too sympathetic for your own good! Damage is proof positive that you're having fun!!!

Waldo, excellent flight report as always! I'm hoping to get out and fly yet this evening until the either the cold or the lack of light gets to me.

I didn't shoot any partridge.......to be honest....I was walking amongst ancient oak trees marveling at the quarter-size acorns scattered about. Deer were everywhere and the leaves each gave an aerial performance that would put any 3D plane to shame. When I got home my second youngest daughter was playing at the piano this beautiful piece.......which was perfect for the mood I was/am in.
Misty Night Blues (piano cover) (2 min 29 sec)
Last edited by snowman; Oct 20, 2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:48 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Snowman, you gotta stop making your girls work do hard around the place, her hands looked almost manly!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 20, 2012, 05:41 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
The F/A 18E may become just a static display. I might take it to the warbird events, taxi around some and then park it.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 20, 2012, 05:45 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Yeah but she's a cutie plow. I've had the opportunity to be entertained by her playing before dinner. Snowy your a lucky man.
Well I just woke up from a nap and am thinking of a couple of flights. I just need to wake up is all