7,305 Posts
Cool story Wookie!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:02 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,518 Posts
O the winds the winds. They are stripping our trees of all their leaves.
Whats more leaving me grounded.
Well I didn't get as much done on the twist as I wanted.
And this morning I gotta go to work.
Work is a curse put on us by listening to a woman.
We were meant to hunt an fish and run around the jungle naked.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:31 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,091 Posts
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:39 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Busy day planned, but hope to get to the field this afternoon. It's going to be very windy this weekend, so today might be my only opportunity. I hope the CG issues have been resolved by moving the engine forward a second time, otherwise I suspect an incidence issue. In that case I will just fly her to pieces as she is!
Have a great Friday everyone!

Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:13 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,936 Posts
Woohoo! Just got an email from BDO Las Vegas. 2nd round interview!!
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:23 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Go Nate go!!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:23 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post

Good luck.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:27 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,091 Posts
Well, I better quit stalling and get to work........I've got a suspended ceiling to install in an unheated building......just physical enough to get a sweat going, but then plenty of meticulous work that slows you down to get chilled by the cold.......brrrrr. This is my lot in life........so that my wife can enjoy her dream job........I get to put my career on hold for who knows how long (limited employment within 100 miles of here) and I get to enjoy working in the elements and exacerbate the aches and pains an aging 50+ year old. I'm thinking I need a winter's-long hiatus and will just stick to hunting, fishing, airplane building, flying off the snow, carving, cuckoo clock refurbishing, antique electric fan restoration, stained glass, and furniture building!

Good luck Nate!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:39 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
I've got a 6s 5000mAh and a 100A ESC on the way for my T60. I need to finish covering the fuse and mount some gear. I'm hoping I will have enough power. The motor I have is an EMP 5065-380kv. Any prop suggestions from the leccy gurus?

Same prop as on my T__T 60 with a Saito FA-115: APC16x4W
not sure if they make an electric version of this prop. if not, I'd try the standard one.
that is *the* prop for a T__T 60.
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:44 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
O the winds the winds. They are stripping our trees of all their leaves.
Whats more leaving me grounded.
Well I didn't get as much done on the twist as I wanted.
And this morning I gotta go to work.
Work is a curse put on us by listening to a woman.
We were meant to hunt an fish and run around the jungle naked.
Kerwin, the weather here this weekend is supposed to be pretty good...what about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Busy day planned, but hope to get to the field this afternoon. It's going to be very windy this weekend, so today might be my only opportunity. I hope the CG issues have been resolved by moving the engine forward a second time, otherwise I suspect an incidence issue. In that case I will just fly her to pieces as she is!
Have a great Friday everyone!

Wind...ha! The T__T laughs at wind! (Although it does make hovering a bit more of a challenging)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post

Good luck Nate!
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:49 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,091 Posts
Aww, it's raining....as if it's ever going to stop! Maybe I'll stay home and make a big pot of chicken soup instead.......and continue to clean the workshop.

Yesterday I stopped in at the Habitat for Humanity Restore and picked up three old (30's and 40's) double-bulb circular fluorescent chrome light fixtures for $15 for the three....brought them home and disassembled and polished them and got them all to work then reassembled them. I then called a guy in Chicago that stops in every summer looking for odds and ends.....he bought all three for $250 and he's going to pick them up! I had less than two hours tied up in those fixtures. Last year I had bought this cherry rocking chair for $10 that had been painted an ugly green....stripped and refinished it....that chair sold for $400. Gotta love those Restores! Did I mention that Jack211 was instrumental in starting that store before he passed away? Anyway.....support your local HfH Restores!
Last edited by snowman; Oct 19, 2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:33 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,091 Posts
I know, I know........they're just lighting fixtures right? Wrong.....they're special lighting fixtures. Notice that the bulbs aren't nested and that the chrome center piece extends down to being almost flush with the lower-most bulb? Exquisite! *I'm sorry, but when you live this close to the arctic circle in the winter......you appreciate a good light!*
Last edited by snowman; Oct 19, 2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:45 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,091 Posts
Wow, it's pretty slow here when I can't even muster a comment one way or the other about the graceful beauty of a light fixture! It's like y'all want to stay "on topic" or some such nonsense as that!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:02 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
I like the post modern look. That light could have come out of an Eichler home. Not quite high end enough for Frank Lloyd Wright, but I suspect that dealer will get $250 each.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,091 Posts
Definitely not Frank Lloyd Wright, Eichler......too metallic....not organic or dare I say "bland" enough. Oh, I suspect you're right, he'll do very well on these lights. Myself, I'd use them on a vertical wall in multiples. I've always wanted to assemble a light fixture using these round bulbs and create a toroid assemblage.....I think it would look awesome! The trick would be hiding all the ballasts!!!!