HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:41 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,977 Posts
David22.........I loved where you were chasing the young lady and her little dog! Now all you need to do is add an interactive intercom system........then you could could say: "Hey, baby ya wanna go for a ride." *In your best Munchkin impersonation voice, of course.* or "Hey, don't even think of running off with my rig...I've got your face recorded." or "Dude, no matter how much you water that sidewalk.....it's not going to grow to cover your driveway!"

Just to set the record straight......I don't watch professional sports......I only watch the news to find out the score/highlights and then I use that info to piss off those who live and breathe that schwitt! *Oh, and to ruffle Waldo's feathers a little.* I guess everyone has a little hometown pride in 'em! *Well, except me that is.....this place is still a Hell hole!*
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:41 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I need you for a recruiter.
I can be had! Money talks and BS walks! Lol
Seriously though, good luck to you in your quest. I suspect you have quite a skill set. Sometimes it is harder to find a position when you have specialized training. I've had lots of sales training, but at the end of the day everyone has a product or service to sell. Have you thought about teaching in a tech or trade school? You seem to be a good teacher, at least, you've patiently taught a number of things here. I think you'd be good at it, although it might not pay enough for you. Still, you might find it rewarding in other ways. Just a suggestion, worth the price of admission.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:57 AM
Joined Jan 2005
4,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I think some one needs to collect a bunch of old balls (jokes anticipated) and go to a skeet range with one of those pitching machines and a video camera. I am thinking viral on youtube.

I agree it is different Joe, but I did not like to play it either. I was never in to baseball (softball), basketball, or hockey. Then Jerry Jones ruined football.

While we are on this (not off) subject...

I went to a tee ball game to watch a nephew's son. I thought that was completely asinine. Play a game with no score!!! Why is there two teams? All the "feel good" themed competitions make me crazy. You know, the ones where everybody gets a trophy, the same trophy. That sounds a little like communism. Where is the incentive to put in the extra effort to excel? Losing was a big incentive for me to work harder. These kids get to walk through life in a daze thinking that you don't have to put out real effort because in the end, everybody gets the same thing. Worse, they learn they can do nothing and those that work at it will carry them on their backs....

We have a lot of people in the economy today doing just that.

I know a lot of people are looking for work these days. I have been looking for something six months. Many applicants for each position available. Kudos to the people who are looking for work and still not employed.
Wow! You covered so much ground there. I have to agree with the "feel good" programs that disguise themselves as being educational.....they're not! Do you hear of children being held back? It's fast becoming a thing of the past.....the establishment feels it does the child mental harm, so now they've come up with the IEP system ( Individualized Education Program) that is supposed to involve the family, the child and the school.......it's nothing more than a smoke screen that has them passing the child through the system without catering to the child's needs. When they exit the schools now.....they can barely fend for themselves and most are unemployable by today's standards. They become wards of the state....for their entire life.....
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:20 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
I can be had! Money talks and BS walks! Lol
Seriously though, good luck to you in your quest. I suspect you have quite a skill set. Sometimes it is harder to find a position when you have specialized training. I've had lots of sales training, but at the end of the day everyone has a product or service to sell. Have you thought about teaching in a tech or trade school? You seem to be a good teacher, at least, you've patiently taught a number of things here. I think you'd be good at it, although it might not pay enough for you. Still, you might find it rewarding in other ways. Just a suggestion, worth the price of admission.
I cast a pretty wide net (and shadow) looking for something. I am a certified teacher in Texas. The teacher shortage is a myth. I have done all things that were supposed to keep you employed but the economy has everything screwed up. When someone gets 300 applications for a position, it is a dart throwing exercise to choose candidates.

I am hoping to find something in project/program management or application development management. I have some sales background. It also seems like every insurance company wants agents but that is not something I want to get involved with.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:26 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,504 Posts
Wayne I got one word for you. China. In the 70's an 80's if you uttered the word transistor, you had a job. And if you knew what you were doing you jumped to the top. Now days it's cheaper to replace a board than the component. We also built china up to produce these boards cheaper.
Wayne have you cheacked out Garmin. Here they are hiring and growing.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:05 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,504 Posts
Ok flight report. And the name of this report is the killer sun.
Now I had been comtemplating snowy's words this morning. He told me I needed to fly my little edge instead of her being a pretty hangar queen.
Now I hadn't taken my sleeping meds, so I was up at the crack of dawn.
So looking at the weather charts I seen over cast skies with the wind picking up a couple hours after sunrise.
I got out to the grave yard and the wind was out of the south 3 mph or so, But the skys had some what cleared leaving a bright sun on the horizon to the east.
I've been wanting to better my knife edge skills, so I decided I would work on that this morning.
I noticed I still had a dragging wheel , so after I popped a battery in her . I pointed her south, full up elev and WOT.
She shot off to the south and was climbing like a scolded dog.
I throttle back and made a couple of patterns.
Then the knife edging began.
I started by doing a straight line, then.
Then after 3 or 4 of those I started working on flying a knife edge pattern and also asends and desending knife edges.
After 4 minutes I thought I would change and fly inverted while holding a pattern to finish out the battery.
I did 4 or 5 patterns when on the final pattern as I turned her she went into the sun.
Upon coming out I swore she was right side up and losing alt fast.
I pull back on the stick as I watch her double back on herself.
She almost made it. But almost only counts in horse shoes an hand grenades. I mean all I needed was a few more inches.
She smacked on that wire landing gear and when the cowl struck I heard a thump.
Iwent over to ther little edge and she looked in tact.
I grabbed the prop and the motor/ motor box felt ok. I throttle up for a second and she seemed fine.
Then I checked my surfaces. The elev servo was jammed.
I then removed the canopyto disonnect the battery when I discovered several cracks.
It also busted the bottom of my cowl as well.
I've already started the repairs.
But poor momma awoke to the little edge on her kitchen table.
Why just sunday night, we cleaned it and cleared it of model airplane parts an pieces.
Momma had even managed to decorate it
She looked at me, whinned alittle, and went back to bed.
The bad thing about it is I'm out of kicker.
O well I'm off to the hobby shop today for my twist fuse, so I'll pick up some then.
I better get momma's table put back together
Have a good day guys.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:21 AM
Joined Jan 2005
4,977 Posts
Oh Kerwin, it's all my fault.....I should have never told you to fly that edge like you had a pair! Ribbing you about them being hanger queens was the icing on the cake......the only thing being.......I didn't know you like to "eat" cake! Well, what more fitting a place than a cemetery to bury an airplane! Good luck on the re-build! Will it ever fly the same again? Can a post ever have enough Smileys?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:30 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,504 Posts
O snowy snowy snowy yes she fly the same. I least I'm hoping.
Although after alittle ca in some cracks around the wing tube. One wing and wing tube are now glued to the fuse.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:53 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Kerwin, that sun is a killer!! Good luck with the repairs and getting momma's table cleaned up quick!!

Cool vids David!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:02 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Wayne I got one word for you. China. In the 70's an 80's if you uttered the word transistor, you had a job. And if you knew what you were doing you jumped to the top. Now days it's cheaper to replace a board than the component. We also built china up to produce these boards cheaper.
Wayne have you cheacked out Garmin. Here they are hiring and growing.
Well, chapter 2 is I am not able to relocate. I have done a lot of moving over the years to go where the job is. That is not an option any longer.

I will look at Garmin.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:17 PM
Joined Jan 2005
4,977 Posts
David22.......sweet videos!

Kerwin.........Didn't you say this was your 3rd Edge in less than a year?!!!

Well, the sun poked it's head out for awhile and the winds were down so I had to make a decision........to go fly or go partridge hunting. I decided on flying, but during a trip to the car with a few planes.....the winds started gusting something fierce...so I said to hell with the electrics and grabbed a gun an my shoulder bag and headed for Keweenaw County. I know this little abandoned mining town that has oodles of field stone fences and apple trees galore......the perfect combination for ol Pat. I parked the car and grabbed my gear and entered the thicket of Alder, Thornapple, Wild-apple, and Pine.......because the wind was blowing so hard the partridge weren't feeding on the ground.....they were taking their food and staying put up in the trees where they could get a good view ......plus they were too easily spooked. Not wanting to come home empty handed I filled my shoulder bag with a variety of wild apples......some of these beauties have ruby red skins with a white flesh striated with pink.......and flavor! Wow! I even picked a couple quarts of tart crab-apples.......a winter isn't a winter without a few bottles of crab-apple jelly in the pantry! I feel much lighter on my feet without those 40 extra pounds I've lost.....but man.......I've hit a wall that I think is gonna take some fasting to break down! Anyway.....a good day in the woods.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:24 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,876 Posts
Good stuff today guys. Wayne, as a fellow job-hunter I wish you the best! I had two interviews today. One was with a large national firm. I am interviewing for their office in Las Vegas. I thought the phone interview went really well. We'll just have to see if they decide to invite me down for an office interview. I should know early next week. The second interview was in person for a local regional firm. I would really like a job with them because I wouldn't have to move. I have lived in this area almost my entire life and do not look forward to leaving. I asked them how many they were hiring and they said about 5 interns an only one full-time staff. I am hoping for the full-time but I suppose I would do the internship in the meantime. I'd have to quit my current job to take the internship but at least it would be accounting experience vs. IT work that doesn't relate to my career choice.

Keep the prayers coming... a few weeks ago I was feeling a little down about my prospects but now I am feeling some very careful optimism.

Cheers,

-Nate
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:17 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Good luck Nate!

Sounds like a great day snowman! 40 lbs is a lot!!! That's something to be proud of there! Your body is a very efficient thing and it has adjusted to getting by on fewer calories.plus it needs fewer the lighter you get. If you are hitting a wall, as I am, and you can't restrict calories anymore, meaning you already down to around 1300, then you have to add exercise to burn calories without losing muscle. That's where I am, and have been for a while. Well, not exactly, I could cut the calories back again, I'm sure it would work for a while as my metabolism has changed again. Whatever you've been doing is really working for you, and I realize you know all of this already, but I just want to help and share my experience. You are inspiring me, I've put back 10 or 15 pounds in the last few months!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:37 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,504 Posts
O plowboy, you and me both. Both you an snowy are inspiration to me. Now I just need to buckle down.
Great news, momma an I made it back from the city. When she got up she seen her pretty table, so when we got home, she had the honors of carrying the new twist fuse in. All 75 dollars worth of her.
Of course it cheered her up by spending some cash at the thrift store next to the hobby shop.
My wife loves to thrift.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:22 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,460 Posts
Thanks guys

You are the best
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)