HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:57 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Nate if your engine doesn't settle down on an idle, it's too lean. I set my needles at 1 1/2 then
go wide open. Adjust for max rpm. There is a flat spot and I adjust to the rich side.
I go 1/4 throttle and adjust again for max rpm and then readjust for transistion.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:02 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Mind bending

This is a hoedown.
Ah yes...Donatas Pauzuolis... The guy does extreme aerobatics with a DLG glider too. This is the type ho down I got to ETOC for every year in Toledo..

F3K glider aerobatics (3 min 20 sec)
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:03 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,288 Posts
Wayne I thought you disliked leccys? Tigers winning in the 12th inning is more than a good thing.........ITS GREAT!!!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:05 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,288 Posts
DOG...its Sunday for Christ's sake.....why are you up so early?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:28 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
DOG...its Sunday for Christ's sake.....why are you up so early?
According to time zones you are up earier then I sir.... If I sleep past 6 am my day just seems to drag... or maybe its me that just drags and the day is a static thing.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:51 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,972 Posts
Quote:
Wayne I thought you disliked leccys? Tigers winning in the 12th inning is more than a good thing.........ITS GREAT!!!
We have to give you a couple games maybe even 3 or the stadiums won't make their full potential of cash
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:33 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,288 Posts
I knew that comment would draw out the yankee fans...it was embarrassing watching the fans writhe in agony as the Tigers gave them hope and then once again showed them there is no hope for their team. I saw more than just one ny fan in tears...its really sad...they shouldn't take it so seriously...its just a game they're good at losing at.

DOG.....you must live way off-shore of the East coast if you're an hour earlier than the EST that I'm at! I thought you might have deacon duties or had to ring the bells...or perhaps light the incense...I was wrong.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:37 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,330 Posts
Quote:
DOG.....you must live way off-shore of the East coast if you're an hour earlier than the EST that I'm at! I thought you might have deacon duties or had to ring the bells...or perhaps light the incense...I was wrong.
You are on the EST also? I thought you were a central. I am only left with you were up as early as me then.<YAWN> I just got some coffee, trying to stay awake and search out my latest quest, a Samson / Behringer Mixer..... This is near as confusing as active speaker but a dern shade cheaper.

70s today, winds at 5 gusting to 12
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:04 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Why am I suddenly craving Frosted Flakes?
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:07 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Box in our panty just had crumbs, toast and coffee it is.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:49 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Not really Snowman, I just don't care for them in big planes, maybe anything bigger than about 60".
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:17 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,073 Posts
Yes Wayne, it is a gasser. Last night I went looking for a problem. I think there must be an air leak. It took FOREVER to get the motor primed and I think between the idle not wanting to settle down and not being able to prime the motor that there has to be a broken gasket or something. I took the motor off last night to start checking it out. I did find one problem. The throttle arm on the carb is bad. It is CF and has worn around the linkage to the point that there is a ton of play. It was not taking me to full throttle. So now I got to figure something out for that. I was hoping to fly it on Monday but my hope is diminishing. I guess I'll spend the time figuring out a throttle arm and making a new gasket set instead.

Wayne what have you used for a throttle arm? I found a bunch of options on Flying Giants.
http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=57549
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:22 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
You are on the EST also? I thought you were a central. I am only left with you were up as early as me then.<YAWN> I just got some coffee, trying to stay awake and search out my latest quest, a Samson / Behringer Mixer..... This is near as confusing as active speaker but a dern shade cheaper.

70s today, winds at 5 gusting to 12
Yep, EST and we recognize Daylight Saving Time as well. With weather like that......you better be out flying! Rain here.......like three weeks in a row.........with a switch to drizzle on the good days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
........cause they're magically delicious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Not really Snowman, I just don't care for them in big planes, maybe anything bigger than about 60".
That's good to hear....I wouldn't want you to miss out on all that fun!!!
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:47 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Okay, now I want Lucky Charms!!! Lol

Just took the engine off of the Sabre, I have to move it forward a little for the CG to be tolerable.

The weather has cleared out here and it's looking like a nice day. I have stuff to do this morning but hopefully I'll get to the field later this afternoon!

It was oatmeal and toast for me today!

Oh yeah, yesterday my daughter had a friend with her when we went to the mall and they asked me to buy them some new lanyards for their school IDs. The friend picked out one that said "I love bacon"!!! I think I like this kid!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:56 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Yes Wayne, it is a gasser. Last night I went looking for a problem. I think there must be an air leak. It took FOREVER to get the motor primed and I think between the idle not wanting to settle down and not being able to prime the motor that there has to be a broken gasket or something.
My buddy <owned a Motor Cycle / Snow Mobile shop> says you never touch the needles <unless they are moving on their own <DA>> if something changes about the way it is running, look for what changed, dont compensate by making needle adjustments.

Having said that, we had the weather guy at our club who spent more time messing with the needles, EVERY flight then he did flying. Drove my buddy nuts. I think you are on the right path Nate, finding what changed.