HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:25 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I was just thinking the rice to keep the sugar dry.
I know, I thought the same thing. I never fill till just before flight. being a 15oz hopper it fits an entire 15 oz bottle of powder that just happens to be the common size. IT seems the issue has less to do with humidity and more to do with how it packs under G-force and vibration. cornmeal makes it out, but lacks visibility. Flour has an awful tendancy to cake, and when released doesn't have the same visibility as talc. There is something about Talc that makes it very visible and it linger on the run. Trust me I would switch substrate in a heartbeat If I could find a sitable replacement. At $3 a bottle I spend more on powder than fuel right now.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:58 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post

Yeah Wayne, that's what you do........fill a 12ga shell with hardened powdered sugar and rice mix and have the boyfriend suckle on the end of the barrel! That'll solve the boyfriend issue in a heartbeat!

Lol that is a good one snowman lol

Made me giggle so hard I had to go take a
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:01 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Dog, ill look into some stuff for you ill send you some specs to look for very simple, I take it you would like about 4 channels so you could have a couple microphones and maybe 1 channel to put some music through, I use a small 2 speaker system that puts out great sound and covers over 900 feet of soap box derby track with great clarity. Its just a 150 watt 4 channel power amp I got for $50.00 used so there are some great deals out there.
Yeah, I can get between 4 and 10 channel boards new for 100-150 bucks, that part isnt bad. I am looking at something 200-300 watt rms or more. The main thing is not purchasing Mackie or JBL, Yamaha speakers at 350-500 each. There are many "off brands" like Pyle, Podium Pro. Gli, EAW, Seismic, Deura, VM Audio, BEHRINGER, and a few others I am attempting to sort through.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:15 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,183 Posts
Behringer is an off brand???
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:25 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,183 Posts
Our gun club uses Behringer and for any PA to stand up to that abuse for the last 10 years is really something. You see its chaos at our meets and the shooting is nonstop....so the PA is turned up to broadcast over the noise, but broadcasts the shot blasts as well! This thing has to be operating in the extreme....some blasts are so loud that they get back to the mike and start a feedback that would blow out a lesser amp.
The members bought the system so they could leave their hearing aids at home.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:48 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Well I'm glad to know the Saints won! Sadly, I fell asleep late in the 3rd quarter!

I need a couple of Technics direct drive turntables and a mixer so I can play my +- 1500 albums. Oh and now I need another amp too.

David, that comment made me lol!!

Thanks Uncle Waldo, I'll be sure to tell her!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:07 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Well I'm glad to know the Saints won! Sadly, I fell asleep late in the 3rd quarter!

I need a couple of Technics direct drive turntables and a mixer so I can play my +- 1500 albums. Oh and now I need another amp too.

David, that comment made me lol!!

Thanks Uncle Waldo, I'll be sure to tell her!
I've still got a Technics turntable; let me know if you want it
I've also got a 110W/channel Onkyo power amplifier that weighs like 50lbs.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:28 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
I've still got a Technics turntable; let me know if you want it
I've also got a 110W/channel Onkyo power amplifier that weighs like 50lbs.

Yeah! Shoot me a pm on the turntable! I'll buy an amp at a pawn shop because the shipping would be brutal! I get really mad everytime I think about my missing amp! I'm sure it weighed 100 pounds! Let me know!
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:46 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Yeah! Shoot me a pm on the turntable! I'll buy an amp at a pawn shop because the shipping would be brutal! I get really mad everytime I think about my missing amp! I'm sure it weighed 100 pounds! Let me know!
cheaper on the bus.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:58 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Been in the 40s last couple of days.

Flew that Trainer-65 yesterday. Wound up with a 2oz prop hub and 2.25oz lead on the firewall. It flies very well. We did not wring it out as it was overcast and visibility was a little problematic. The ASP 61 was good power on it.

Re-maidened an electrostik. It had just had some repairs as a result of the owner flying across the Sun. It is good after we fixed the balance and turned the spoilerons off.

My Skycart can't get off the ground. I have a 1050kv motor on it and it is about 500kv short of getting the job done. The rest of them have either 1350kv or 1600kv. I have the motors on the way. I can't remember why I have the 1050Kv.

It was cold and when I took the Pizza Box out, the rudder broke off. I think the cold made the glue a little brittle.

I did not get my glow plane out as I knew I would be helping some other people.

The guy that took the alcohol out of the gas flew his 50cc Patty Wagstaff on the gas yesterday. Seemed to run fine on it.

This is his video.

Separating Ethanol from Gasoline Using Water (1 min 11 sec)
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:08 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
O it was a twisted sunday, sunday. But it seems like K49 and I could never connect. Jim an I couldn't find any of the cameron dragon fly boys to fly with so. I called a couple of guys from lathrop. I think when K49 found out his good buddy Gerry was mowing the soccer field. he decided to do a no call no show.
Now to start out with the winds were up just a bit an out of the west. and were knocking us around some.
My little buddy Thomas came and I put him up on the club trainer an flew like 3 flights,
The Green Machine was really acting up. Any high g manuver it would die. I got 3 dead sticks out of her. My little edge did real well. Gerry, K49's buddy brought his 100 cc aeroworks Edge. The motor was way to rich.
Mike another guy flew his twist and upon approach with the cross wind the left side of the wing met a post. New wing.
Jim flew his little cub and his PTS mustang.
Thomas's mother made brownies, Jim brought his camp stove and I brought the instant hot coca.
All in all it was a good day, but I missed K49
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:13 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
Wayne how effecient is that motor. Some motors are really horrible on their effecience.
For instant a 1000 KV motor at 10 volts should turn 10K but if it is 80% effcient then it would only turn 8K at 10 volts.
Great video wayne
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:28 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,903 Posts
DOG Well your on the right track then with the power amps and you don't need any JBLs or pioneer or anything like that for an announcers PA system You just want something with good Midrange to cut through the air is all
Definitely at least 100 -150 Watt Speakers though Here are a couple things I found to give you an idea of what you may need But the best thing to do is to walk into a MUsic store so you can try some things out and actually hear the volume and sound and talk to someone about what your looking for.

http://www.bing.com/shopping/harbing...s%20&FORM=HURE

This one is LOw watt speakers but you can always get better speakers Just trying to show you something Light weight and all you really need.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/XP150/
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:48 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,183 Posts
DOG........couldn't you just make your own speakers with your talent in electronics? There's not much to it, really.

Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:23 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
What a wealth of information on this thread! Is there nothing this group doesn't have experience with?!

Cool vid Wayne!