HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:31 AM
RC = Drama Free
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
I took one in the garage once and cleaned my shotgun.
The secret is to have them clean it, leave their own prints, and then snap on a pair of gloves with shells in hand if things are not going well
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:42 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,450 Posts
The secret is to whisper in their ear...."Don't do anything that will force me put a bullet in your skull and then have to drag your lousy carcass to some hole in the ground deep in the woods."

The trick is to look dead serious.....well that is if you really ain't!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Last edited by snowman; Oct 07, 2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:15 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,461 Posts
O I remeber o so many years ago my daughter came over with her boyfriend asking for money. I looked dead at him as I was handing her some cash and replied. making children is expensive, there is on such thing as free sex.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:31 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,257 Posts
The two older daughter's were no problem at all but this one is a diva!!! I just know I'm going to have to dislocate some shoulders!

Still funky weather here!!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:38 AM
RC = Drama Free
Joined Dec 2007
11,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
The two older daughter's were no problem at all but this one is a diva!!! I just know I'm going to have to dislocate some shoulders!

Still funky weather here!!!
weather better here... Guests left at 4:30 am est.... got up at 9 am... not sure if flying under lack of sleep is safe
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:41 AM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,560 Posts
Well - wish a very very Happy Birthday ot Creole for me Plow. They do grow up fast.
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:45 AM
Joined Jan 2005
4,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMatta View Post
They do grow up fast.
Promises, promises! I've heard it many times, but it just isn't so!
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:55 AM
Joined Jan 2005
4,450 Posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:06 PM
RC = Drama Free
Joined Dec 2007
11,668 Posts
Renting a PA system for the FLI was a TOTAL pain in the assests... Local, 200 a day...for 3 days.... Drive 30 miles one way, 200 for weekend. They didnt open until 11... I was there at 9 with a FLI running and could not wait...in a rented UHaul van that charged mileage.

Picked them up at 11, Mackie 450 Active, never hooked anything like this up before.... The Speakers being active have amps built in.... need power, knew that had lost of extension cords.... they didnt send along the "computer style" power cords the speakers require.... I have loads at home....27 miles one way..... I remember stopping... looking around and thinking/saying @%@&)@&%@))$&!%&_&^%!@_!!!!!!!!

Been looking at new, used, hong kong fooie, name brand, Active, Passive, understanding over rated Watts <like Copy King outrunners> understanding that Frequency Response: 50-18,000 Hz , the "50" is too high and I am going to need to add a stand alone sub if I want deep base...

This is near as painful as renting but maybe a better long term solution
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Jan 2005
4,450 Posts
DOG......you're so upset that your spelling and grammar is suffering.......please get it under control!
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:38 PM
RC = Drama Free
Joined Dec 2007
11,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
DOG......you're so upset that your spelling and grammar is suffering.......please get it under control!
Not upset... Its just all to lies on line about product.... I want a fairly good PA system without taking a loan out on the house... They LIE. Buyer Beware!

Other then that, our last guests left after 4 am so I am not highly concerned over spelling, grammer, Math, the sum total of pyscology to sort out presidential LIES... See...more LIES...
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:57 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,257 Posts
I had an old Macintosh amp 10-20,000 I believe, 400 watts. Carried it around for 20+ years, the heaviest damn thing! My wife managed to lose it in a move, when I was working out of town. I'm still pissed! That thing is highly collectible because the sound was so good, at least if you had the old style speakers.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:14 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,326 Posts
Talc is the only effective media I have found. cornstarch cakes and isn't visible. Rice granules just dump out all at once. There is a rumor that I may have a batch of finely powdered sulfur given to me by one of the other club members waiting for the right day/person at the field , but thats just a rumor. Only other sillyness I have considered is loading it up with birdshot pellets and raining it on the flightline.

I have a 15 month old daughter. A buddy of mine gave me the greatest lines ever to use on her first boyfriend. Keep in mind, I'm roughly 6 1/2 feet tall. 300 pounds, and I have a size 16 shoe.I also listen to pretty much all Metal music, the darker the better. I'm a bit fluffier than I like, but I should be back to fighting form by the time i need this.

(sit on sofa next to boyfriend)
"Son, my daughter is very precious to me. "I don't want you to do anything to her "you wouldn't do with me"

"you put your arm around her" (place arm around BF shoulder) "I put my arm around you"
You hold her hand" (grab his outside hand with other arm) "I hold yours"
(now pull BF in closer with his hand and wrap arm around his neck.) " You her , I.... ... YOU!" (Bonus points if you kiss him on his cheek.)

At least it sounds funny, but if her first BF has the same relationship I did with my wifes father I'll never get to use it. He encouraged us to date. then again, if she were to bring home a BF I thought was an excellen t person, I wouldn't mind not having to use any lines on him.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Last edited by Wookster; Oct 07, 2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:39 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,535 Posts
DOG maybe you can find a decent PA like a peavey system its light weight but would be fine in an FLI event you can always daisy chain more speakers down the flight line and a decent Pa would only be about $400-$600 and then you'd own it

Just being a hippy nitro drinking rock n roll freak only required a look at daughters boyfriends for them to know who they were dealing with and I always smiled maybe it was an evil smile

Wookster that's awesome we bomb the flight line with mini marshmallows its fun to watch them bounce off everything.
Snowman Jack211 has been practicing, your doomed lololololol glad you found some old footage of you guys maybe you could post some of it.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:29 PM
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
279 Posts
I made a kid listen to this when he showed up to take my daughter out.

Rodney Atkins "Cleaning this gun" (3 min 53 sec)
Outlw36 is offline Find More Posts by Outlw36
Last edited by Outlw36; Oct 07, 2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: typo