SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:52 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,221 Posts
Discovered a long forgotten Real Flight G3 and controller......bummer it can't be upgraded! (Well, it can be upgraded to G4, but that's it.)
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:30 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Anchovies come flat or rolled.
that's just wrong on every level to a non anchovie fan lol

Quote:
Waldo...... your hat entitles you to referee status..you know that T40 of Jack211's.........the one you are now in possession of? I forgot to mention that poor ol Jack211 considered that plane cursed, cause he couldn't hover worth a damn! So don't let that little piece of information seep into your ego and destroy what little self-confidence you might have.
yes my hat is official and remember refs also work in football and basketball as far as Jack211's T40 I am just the copilot and we will kick the ever livin crap out of everyone in the hover contest he just needed my stupidity and fearless attitude added as I'm diggin that plane big time I fly it very suttle for a minute or 2 and then I realize hey he's watching and would be ashamed of me so I crank it up and start jamming the sticks, I did the best inverted flatspin last weekend I've ever done it was holding steady at the same altitude even to where the guys were telling me to make it climb, but she wouldn't lol awesome though

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I am hoping there was a typo in this line someplace.

There is no advantage I know of to stalling a servo or getting "Blow Back" of a surface. Either of these events happening causes very high amp draw and can cause brown outs / shorten a servo life dramatically.

Speed and Centering is a high priority, at least to me. Its like 72Mhz verses 2.4. With 72 the transmission is slower so often you are "chasing" the control, doing things in advance to comp for the latency. The next step is to take that latency of of the servo so slight move happen more real time. Hovering is a good example of fast minor corrections. If you are always a half move behind the needed correction, the chase is on.
Well thanks for the answers guys I was just wondering and I have to be honest in saying I've never noticed a plane hesitate on my command ever with my system and all I use are 3004's even in both my 1/4 scales but those aren't 3D planes so maybe they are fine maybe ill notice a difference in my edge when it eventually runs.

I've been on 72mz my whole life and plan on jumping to 2.4 maybe this winter even but I love it and if I want to FPV I think I need a 72mz mod pac for the 2.4 as I know we can't use 2.4 and FPV at the same time

Well we played outdoors today at a party luckily the rain didn't come but we were under cover anyway high of 57 or something I thought it was a great temp for rock and roll

Sorry for your snow guys hopefully an indian summer will melt it away fast but I think were going to get pounded this winter for having nothing at all last year I think we have to pay somehow lol
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:45 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Waldo you didn't even mention that flatspin in your flight report last week.
Ah Indian summer. yes thats what we need after a couple of good frost to kill all the bugs.
Then the fall flying begins.
I've about got the Green Machine all ready for flight.
And I'm getting all pumped up for sunday flying.
I need to get the trainer up an going as well.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:59 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,922 Posts
Hey Kerwin glad to hear the green Machine is almost ready I thought I mentioned the flatspin maybe not lol
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:29 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,449 Posts
Just recieved my briefing from the club today. The boy scouts of america will have about 500-600 scouts at an old golf course in Olathe KS. part of the camping trip is learning about flight. They have requested that my local club help them. they will be mowing down the grass as low as it can go. I have been asked to demo my Pawnee for the kids. I get to fly in close and douse them all in baby powder. Its a big honor for me. To be a third year pilot and be picked as one of the only members to be trusted flying in such tight quarters. Guess I'm learning quick.
cant wait for next weekend.
Wookster is online now Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:07 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
That's great Wookie!! It's fun to introduce the hobby to people, especially kids!! Your club should be commended for giving back to the community like that and you should be very proud to make such a fun contribution. I think pics and vids are in order here for sure!!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:09 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Oh, today is CreoleBaby's 13th birthday. She is growing up too fast, next thing you know we will be empty nesters!! :0
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:19 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,221 Posts
Happy Birthday Plowchild!

Kerwin.....have you been flying or what?

Waldo........I was going through some CDs, DVDs, etc......and low and behold......I find this dvd of Jack211 and I flying......brought back a lot of good memories. With him as the pilot and you as copilot......you're still gonna lose......I don't mean to speak ill of the dead, but he couldn't hover worth a damn, sorry Jack.......it's the truth!

Wookster, talc/baby powder in the eyes burns pretty good and it's effects are pretty bad when breathed in by asthmatics too.......wouldn't want good intentions turning into liability........just saying.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:23 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Maybe cornflour would be better? Not too many people allergic to corn.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:33 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,221 Posts
Particle size is the consideration as well......confetti maybe? Biodegradable shipping peanuts?
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:37 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
Just recieved my briefing from the club today. The boy scouts of america will have about 500-600 scouts at an old golf course in Olathe KS. part of the camping trip is learning about flight. They have requested that my local club help them. they will be mowing down the grass as low as it can go. I have been asked to demo my Pawnee for the kids. I get to fly in close and douse them all in baby powder. Its a big honor for me. To be a third year pilot and be picked as one of the only members to be trusted flying in such tight quarters. Guess I'm learning quick.
cant wait for next weekend.
Wook... that is great.... If this hobby has us as its legacy.... The Hobby needs help. I keep telling our club we need kids, and yes... they can be painful, but we are not getting younger <reason for mall shows>

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Oh, today is CreoleBaby's 13th birthday. She is growing up too fast, next thing you know we will be empty nesters!! :0
Sweet... those are tough years though... our oldest is 16 and the youngest is 11... I am doomed
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:44 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,221 Posts
My oldest is 28 and my youngest is 15......I'm the one that's been through hell and back, and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again, back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again.....get the picture?
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:53 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Wook... that is great.... If this hobby has us as its legacy.... The Hobby needs help. I keep telling our club we need kids, and yes... they can be painful, but we are not getting younger <reason for mall shows>

Sweet... those are tough years though... our oldest is 16 and the youngest is 11... I am doomed
Quote:
My oldest is 28 and my youngest is 15......I'm the one that's been through hell and back, and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again, back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again,and back again, and back again, and back again, and back again.....get the picture?
My oldest is 28 and my youngest is 14...with a 16 yr old in the middle..but one important difference...they are all male children.
I consider myself very fortunate. However, I have two foster daughters who were 16 and 18 when they first came to stay with us, so I do have a small glimpse of what daughters are like. I'll stick to the boys, thank you very much. Do either of you guys sit on the front porch with a shotgun as a message for their respective boyfriends?
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:07 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
My oldest is 28 and my youngest is 14...with a 16 yr old in the middle..but one important difference...they are all male children.
I consider myself very fortunate. However, I have two foster daughters who were 16 and 18 when they first came to stay with us, so I do have a small glimpse of what daughters are like. I'll stick to the boys, thank you very much. Do either of you guys sit on the front porch with a shotgun as a message for their respective boyfriends?
I have a 29 year old daughter from my first wife, she has collectively 5 kids between her and her husband. I missed many of those years with her, she did nt have the best start into her adult life. While I cant blame her mom completely, my daughter having 2 moms in the same house 25 years ago, it had to add to the challenges of growing up.

I am very lucky with my 16 years, she picked up the best of my wife and I and at this point, I fear for the boys more, she holds her own very well and has a great way of looking at things. The 11 year old however... too young to tell yet but in fear.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:28 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post

I took one in the garage once and cleaned my shotgun.