HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:40 AM
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Its almost 6:30 am...should be time to start the day, but as I look out the window I see a fresh blanket of newly fallen snow....I'm going to crawl back in bed and hide under the covers and hope it was just a nightmare.
you and Chris can keep that stuff! just cold and dry here so far. low's in the teens, highs upper 50's.
Outlw36 is online now Find More Posts by Outlw36
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:47 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,253 Posts
Cloudy, high of 64, north wind at 13 but it's kinda gusty right now. I might not maiden the Sabre after all.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:09 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,072 Posts
The early bird catches the worm

The night owl catches the mice

This is why I sleep as little as my old body tells me too

Vancouver has broken over 125 years record for no rain

It's very dry and sunny here
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:20 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
I never could figure how to roll a fish, so I've never smoked one.
Roll a fish??? Hit it on the head and take all its money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
So is there really a performance difference with the stronger servos? I mean a T40 in a flatspin is a flatspin, a hover and knife edge is still that, what is noticeably different? Just asking
You get an advantage if you are using servos on a plane that can't hold the deflection - air over the surface pushes the surface back.

Speed, well, is speed - quicker responses to what you want to do.
waynemia is online now Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:30 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,635 Posts
I feel bad for you guys getting cold weather and snow already. It's 7:30 AM here right now. 61 degrees outside with a high of 85 today.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:00 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Roll a fish??? Hit it on the head and take all its money.
Wayne, you had me busting a gut with that one-liner......so out of character for you...that's why I'm still chuckling over here! Thanks for that pick-me-up on a gloomy snowy October morning!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:09 AM
Joined Jan 2005
4,439 Posts
Waldo...... your hat entitles you to referee status........you know ......like at beach volleyball, water ballet, and stuff of that nature, but for heaven's sake.......NOT.....as a judge in a prestigious T_ _ _t ho-down! Oh, and by the way....you know that T40 of Jack211's.........the one you are now in possession of? I forgot to mention that poor ol Jack211 considered that plane cursed, cause he couldn't hover worth a damn! So don't let that little piece of information seep into your ego and destroy what little self-confidence you might have.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:51 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,253 Posts
DOH!!!!!
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:54 AM
RC = Drama Free
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
You get an advantage if you are using servos on a plane that can't hold the deflection - air over the surface pushes the surface back.

Speed, well, is speed - quicker responses to what you want to do.
I am hoping there was a typo in this line someplace.

There is no advantage I know of to stalling a servo or getting "Blow Back" of a surface. Either of these events happening causes very high amp draw and can cause brown outs / shorten a servo life dramatically.

Speed and Centering is a high priority, at least to me. Its like 72Mhz verses 2.4. With 72 the transmission is slower so often you are "chasing" the control, doing things in advance to comp for the latency. The next step is to take that latency of of the servo so slight move happen more real time. Hovering is a good example of fast minor corrections. If you are always a half move behind the needed correction, the chase is on.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:01 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,253 Posts
Kyle Woyshnis uses 72 still, just sayin'.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:12 AM
RC = Drama Free
Joined Dec 2007
11,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Kyle Woyshnis uses 72 still, just sayin'.
Fair Statement.... I seen Joe Smith fly a 72 at our FLI. Both Kyle and Joe are good enough to pull it off. Facts are Facts that the FM transmissions are dramtically slower.

Have you ever seen someone that points their transmitter antenna towards their feet always, hold a 72 and not be able to do so?
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:36 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,253 Posts
Yes, better technology allows for more precise control,, no doubt about it.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:28 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
These are not bad at all... Beats the snot out of the 9001 Analogs <BLAH>

Ron, that was awesome!!! Winner winner chicken dinner for that guy!
Thats the best road rage revenge I've ever seen!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined Jan 2005
4,439 Posts
DOG....Wayne's statement is correct......he's saying there's an advantage in switching over to digitals if such and such is happening........no typo.

Anyone that thinks that they'll be able to use their 72 mgz gear in 10 years is fooling themselves. The powers that be have their sights set on selling that bandwidth to the highest bidder. We're stuck with 2.4 whether we like it or not. I'm pleased as punch with my Aurora 9 and for the money it's been a real value. I just don't like it when we're fed a bunch of malarkey about 72 being inferior.....personally I have never had a problem with 72mgz, while two radios I've tried that were 2.4 were glitchy.....probably due to the huge transmission tower that looms over our landscape! The A9 has been problem free as of yet.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:15 PM
RC = Drama Free
Joined Dec 2007
11,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
DOG....Wayne's statement is correct......he's saying there's an advantage in switching over to digitals if such and such is happening........no typo.

Anyone that thinks that they'll be able to use their 72 mgz gear in 10 years is fooling themselves. The powers that be have their sights set on selling that bandwidth to the highest bidder. We're stuck with 2.4 whether we like it or not. I'm pleased as punch with my Aurora 9 and for the money it's been a real value. I just don't like it when we're fed a bunch of malarkey about 72 being inferior.....personally I have never had a problem with 72mgz, while two radios I've tried that were 2.4 were glitchy.....probably due to the huge transmission tower that looms over our landscape! The A9 has been problem free as of yet.
Ah... I took it out of context.. My Bad! However, low torque digitals will still give out.

I think it will be hard to "BAN" 72 unless AMA clubs were to enforce it. I too was very sucessful with 22 FM for a few years, I still say most failures and glitches on them were from power related, like a servo stalling and such.