HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:56 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Guess I should get back to work on the TT40. It's a shame, I was really hoping to keep this one around for a while!
Sorry in advance Bob!!!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:16 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,119 Posts
Just buy a spare......you're gonna need it this year! Not all of us can have a guy like Bob in our corner.......rebuilding your failures........one after the other........after the other.......after the other.........
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Last edited by snowman; Oct 05, 2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:09 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Just buy a spare......you're gonna need it this year! Not all of us can have a guy like Bob in our corner.......rebuilding our failures........one after the other........after the other.......after the other.........
Bob is very talented, very generous and a good friend, but just for the record he hasn't had to fix that much stuff for me!
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:33 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,119 Posts
C'mon Plow......I know all that......I'm just getting warmed up!
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:36 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,474 Posts
I'll be the judge of the judge

Last time I WON the flat spin contest the rules were changed after my video

This time lets make sure all,rules are set forth in this twisted thread

There should be a judge of a judge of a judge

Can I enter my ucando in a twist contest

David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:08 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
I'll be the judge of the judge

Last time I WON the flat spin contest the rules were changed after my video

This time lets make sure all,rules are set forth in this twisted thread

There should be a judge of a judge of a judge

Can I enter my ucando in a twist contest

Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:36 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Where is the bacon and waffle eating smiley?
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:09 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,960 Posts
Well, no hoedown vid coming from me... I just put myself out of the running with the E-twist today. I knew it was a risk flying it with the motor that is on it... I noticed a bit of rust on the outside casing of the bearings when I was putting it back together. I flew it a few times today to practice for the hoedown. The last time I did some flat spinning and noticed that the power was getting a little soft so I rolled out and went to fly away. Well, there was no power available when I punched out. By that point the twist was only about 20 ft high. Ended up coming down hard on the main gear and busted her right in half. It looks like a fairly easy fix to the fuse. Didn't even break the prop. The motor has toasted windings though and I don't have cash for a new one so she's gonna have to sit for a while.

I'll post some carnage pics later but in reality it doesn't look bad at all.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:20 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Well, no hoedown vid coming from me... I just put myself out of the running with the E-twist today. I knew it was a risk flying it with the motor that is on it... I noticed a bit of rust on the outside casing of the bearings when I was putting it back together. I flew it a few times today to practice for the hoedown. The last time I did some flat spinning and noticed that the power was getting a little soft so I rolled out and went to fly away. Well, there was no power available when I punched out. By that point the twist was only about 20 ft high. Ended up coming down hard on the main gear and busted her right in half. It looks like a fairly easy fix to the fuse. Didn't even break the prop. The motor has toasted windings though and I don't have cash for a new one so she's gonna have to sit for a while.

I'll post some carnage pics later but in reality it doesn't look bad at all.

Get that .61 from your Twistaholic brother and get it on!! You need a hand crank pump and a glow driver? One of my props? The fuse is an easy fix. Get that engine and lets rumble!! Lol
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:31 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,854 Posts
Wow Brathanke sorry to hear that but maybe you can put one of those real nitro engines on there for the contest :P no really sorry to hear the T40 is grounded

Plow lol quote from the blues brothers awesome movie

Uhhhhhhhh I am the only judge this year as I have the hat that was sent to me, sorry but if you don't have a hat and a cup o nitro you would just be considered a replacement ref and we can't have that.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:44 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
Took these tonight at the mine.
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349487849.929219.jpg
Views: 23
Size: 92.1 KB
Description:
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349487869.975100.jpg
Views: 25
Size: 78.7 KB
Description:
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:49 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Get that .61 from your Twistaholic brother and get it on!! You need a hand crank pump and a glow driver? One of my props? The fuse is an easy fix. Get that engine and lets rumble!! Lol
Man changing it back to glow would be a major pain. I'd rather just buy a new fuse before I'd do that... I'll just wait until I feel like forking out cash for another motor. The one I had was actually really nice before I gave it a mud bath and let it get rust in the bearings. I'm pretty sure that is what made it get hot.

The good news is I got the new motor on the 48 edge and made it out for a twilight flight.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:51 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Damn Waldo!! I think you made me laugh enough to wake my wife!! That is an awesome pic! Love the hat!!! Still, no judging for you or snowman!! Anyone that would sabotage a fellow Twistaholic just for a walk of shame video can't be trusted, and anyone gullible enough to fall for it just isn't qualified!! Nope, you are both only contestants here!!! Nice try though, both of you!!

Chris!!!! Move away man!!! That's too dang cold, too dang early!!!
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:54 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
It's okay Nate, we understand if you're scared. No worries, really. I'm sure we won't laugh...much.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:03 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,854 Posts
Oh no no no plow that was the official hat I was sent to be the hodown judge, so if you don't have it you can't be a judge I bet you guys don't remember who actually sent me that hat lol

And I think sabotage for a walk of shame vid was justified as how else was I going to get a clip of a brother in the walk knowing the skills he posses, and all I had were a couple of trainer planes that day as it was a short notice to the visit, now had I had at least a weeks notice I would have had a nice T40 ready for the snowman with wings that would have exploded right off

Nate just attach some extra ply to the motor box and attch os61fx it would take about 10 minutes to beef up the box and 5 of those minutes would be waiting for epoxy to dry
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe