Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:23 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
Loved the video snowy. Yeah the keweenaw in some paces isn't even that wide. But overlooking Mt Brockway you can just see the vastness of the woods. And the trees are like no other. round, long, straight, and tall. Did I mention tall.
O guys fall is starting. We're due for our 1st frost this week.
I am now wondering what winter will be. Will we have a really good winter flying year like last year?
I can only hope.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:31 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,746 Posts
Oh Snowman I was so looking forward to the trippy video now its all beautiful LOL That is some beautiful country you live in and cheers on the video cleansing so we get the real pretty pics. I had to convert all my videos before I could make my videos for youtube doing that build thread took forever lol I'd have to load them all to one computer transferr all the files to a Flash drive then convert it all on another computer then put it in movie maker to edit it and make the final production small enough to get on the tube... I still have to do all that to make a video LOL one day a new computer is in order and then it will be a simple download and upload

K49 I don't like horse flys LOL

Plow cool on the 61 firing right up I feel another hodown coming on
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:03 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
Yay! Hodown!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:20 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,908 Posts
Plow's too rusty to Hodown!

I'm taking my wife and my second youngest out for the last boat ride of the year.....launch at Lily Pond and tour the Houghton Canal to the lift bridge and back....kinda like the ride I took you on Kerwin.....except longer and with more beautiful passengers! (I'm still bummed that we never got your wife out buddy...maybe next time.)
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:24 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Plow's too rusty to Hodown!

I'm taking my wife and my second youngest out for the last boat ride of the year.....launch at Lily Pond and tour the Houghton Canal to the lift bridge and back....kinda like the ride I took you on Kerwin.....except longer and with more beautiful passengers! (I'm still bummed that we never got your wife out buddy...maybe next time.)

Man I am hoping for another trip or two on Lake Michigan before I put mine up......

Mornings are getting cold though....
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:31 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
Trying to get my competitive juices flowing snowman?!!! I am rusty, but more importantly there are some Twistaholics with a lotta huck in the current group! I'd be lucky to make the top ten!!
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:32 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
Worst of all, Bob's not around to help patch up my carnage!
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:50 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,856 Posts
Did someone say howdown? I think I might have just woken up You have my attention
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:51 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Did someone say howdown? I think I might have just woken up You have my attention
Get a T---T in the air!!
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:00 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,856 Posts
Hmm... I wonder... the motor I was using on the twist was damaged when I crashed another airframe. I might have another motor that would work but that twist always wants to be super tail heavy. Too bad I don't have a 61 fx for it... Ill have to see what I can work out.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:02 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
Do it Nate!!! Does Snowdog still have one?
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:08 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
Where the heck is FIXXIN2FLY? He would be in!
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:40 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,345 Posts
Hey guys, wow...hard to keep up with this thread! Great reports...no comment on those "wearing the camera glasses to bed" comments from the Kerwins.

I flew my 65" Vyper last weekend but the motor is still getting too hot so I have to provide better cooling for it. Brought my T__T 60 out to the field but spent the rest of the time helping newbies learn how to fly...one student completed his first take off and landing, wow was he excited...fun to be a part of that.

A friend gave me an old trainer that had been in his friends garage for 20 years...dusty but workable...one of my buddies here says it might be an old Bridi Trainer 60...it has an OS 61FX two stroke on it...won't turn over, but I can fix that (as a winter project, of course).

Ron, that Pilot RC trainer with the DLE-20 on it was awesome - especially the hover!

Tom, I could never keep up with that outlaw, and judging by Brandon's comments on the video, neither could he

Nate, I've got a Magnum .91 four stroke, or I could send you the OS 61fx off the trainer and put the Magnum 91 fs on the trainer...hmm..I kinda like that idea...love the four stroke sound much better than the two stroke...lemme know if you are interested in it...you'd have to soak it in glow fuel or something for a few days to get it working again.

Gotta help the wife this next two weeks with her play that she wrote and is directing at our church, that is gonna cut into my flying time this weekend for sure. Oh well...gotta make choices.

Hoping for some good weather in October, which is sometimes a great time to fly!

Considering the idea of putting the Mintor 33 on the Su-26 just to break in the motor before I mount it in the 71" Slick which still has not been built.

Help, I need 36 hour days!

Snowman, great job on the weight loss, you are an inspiration to me. My brother had the same deal...lose weight and get off/reduce the diabetic drugs, which he did very successfully!

Cheers all.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:57 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
Snowdog, you want to get in on the next hodown?
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:00 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Snowdog, you want to get in on the next hodown?
You bet! I had so much fun hanging out with K50 earlier this year; I'd love to get together with more of you's guy's!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974