to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:36 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Cool vid Waldo. What I wouldn't give to fly with you guys!
Ditto Here PLow we would love to fly with all of you here on RCG This one comical and fun bunch of people and If we ever all get together someone better be making a motion Picture out of it because we could all retire with this group of characters on the big screen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
We all got to get together and do that.... Sad thing is Waldo and I are not that far apart and we have not flown together... Went toy shopping together once....
Thats right and it was a pleasure to meet you and the Mrs maybe next season we will have more free time and be able to get around and meet some of ye'all on your turfs

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Well, it's a beautiful day out
Snowman Great Keycam vid LOL I felt like I was at an Allman Brothers concert watching the dancing mushrooms and colors behind the band you got up there pretty high and I loved the spins and dives with the special effects of Black and white split screen color And Congrats on the success at bringing your levels down so low keep up the great work !!! thats an order !!

Quote:
Waldo........you know that euphoric state you were talking about? I have to agree flying so unrealistically slow, at knee level, in a Tiger Moth is almost as fun......almost.
By watching you fly it that way Its Just as fun for sure Fun is fun No matter what form it takes to get there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlw36 View Post
Kerwin did you try to wear them glasses to bed?
ROTFLMAO Thats just beautiful LOLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
7 year anniversary for me and my wife
David Happy Anniversary Thats awesome And great Vid too I have to say after 23 minutes of watching that vid and the heights you were achieving I really thought I was an Alien breaking into the earths atmosphere with all those High pitched squeals and beeps Nice vid though for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Just got back from the field...maidened my EF Outlaw and flew it 5 times.....this thing is insane
Thats an understatement for sure LOL That was awesome holy bazonkas that thing moved

Flight report
Well it was a great day of fog and rain and mist but minimal wind this week
Did the best Flatspins ever with the T40 leveled her right out and she stayed I had hopes of climbing but it didn't.

We Had 4 flyers there today and we all had successful flights until wwe mentioned Formation flight

The nexstar did a big loop on take off and smashed into the runway,

Then the FPV Kadet saw this happen and circled back to land to do it again and over shot the runway and stalled out in the corn,

The Spitfire and The T40 took to the skys and in seconds the spitfire was half out of control as the battery was dying he got it back to the runway but nosed it in and busted off the firewall Again But the battery died and wouldn't even move the elevator anymore so it was good he even got it back to the runway and with so little damage,

and of course I proudly shouted out "the Great Waldo Pepper is till in the sky and then Landed and taxied right back to the starting table, I had about 6 T40 flights today not one single WOS and man it felt good

The FPV guy tried landing his Plane in a flat level area way far away from us over the field, well it looked nice from the sky and he has nice big bush tires on his KAdet well as soon as he touched down the 2 foot grass sucked his plane right in LOLOL God we laughed I mean not even a second of roll,,, No damage done but a 14 minute walk to the plane to walk all the way back with it LOL as usual we had a blast, Vids to come soon this week.

Then went and took the boat out of the lake Summer boating is officially over lol But I drove around the whole lake for 3 hours in the sprinkles cold wind and overcast, We had a great time before removing it

Snowman Holy crapola you did a bunch of stuff today Kudos man

Brathanke sorry to hear of the missed flight time and loose muffler but its great you were watching the sons Soccer game Those are the true great times of families

Here is the Vid of the FPV Attempted Bush Landing from My friends Plane the first part is him testing the new antenna out then he does some low level FPV Flying to check out the Landing site before comitting He gets a 100% and A++++++++++ for the Kahunes to even try it so far away the low level and Bush landing starts around 5:07
FPV 2.4Ghz Antenna Test (6 min 18 sec)
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:39 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,968 Posts
we want the cub !!!!!!!! LOL
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:59 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
Waldo.......awesome day you had! Great video too........I would have tried the same thing! Videos of those flatspins coming soon? I'm beat.....I'd like to write more, but I'm beat! Night all!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:18 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,328 Posts
Flight Report...

There are days when you just dont know where things get off too. That was today,
Happy Anniversary D22! Happy hair doo and coming BDay Creo!

Had a bit of a mishap a couple weeks are.. Took off with my Blank, Banged it into a hover the minute it took off....except.... the elevator stayed in the up position. Not knowing was it a thumb issue or did the servo hang, it has been acting questionable, I changed it out. I also had repair the damage from the bottom of the loop when the ground jumped up to meet the plane.... Not bad at all, but little glue and covering was required.

Taking the Muffler off, a bolt broke giving me a reason to get the Tune Pipe I have been wanting. It came in yesterday, Mac Tuned Muffler.

I took it to the field, we had to reset the needle, it seemed to not really seem to RPM up.... I was WRONG...

Remember that servo I changed? I didnt and the first flight was a HOOT! Needed right aileron and up trim... I was soo obsessed with the motor and such I forgot all about the control changed... All Ended well after I got it trimmed and on the ground in a stiff cross wind <sigh>

Mac Tuned Muffler on the 36 TT Pro..... I am thinking it lost weight and gained POWER. Hovers were nearly full throttle with the stock muffy. Now.... After I got things sorted, between 1/2 and 3/4 it wants so climb in a hover. I am soo impressed what the 35 bucks did for it.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:52 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Looks like you received the battery Kerwin.
Are they here wayne? I havn't checked my mail LOL.
Thanks once again.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:02 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
So I take this awesome video with a new foam-mounted cam mount, right....I land the YS and discover the micro card had popped loose! Say it with me...frick. ..frack ....fruck! !!!
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:30 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,968 Posts
DOG that's awesome news on the muffler and great flight report

Frick Frack fruck. Its always something lol
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:50 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
I think I need another platform........get rid of the big prop out front for a small one out back!
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:55 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Sabre 47 is ready, the Twist is up next!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 30, 2012, 02:54 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
The .61 is back in the TT40 where she belongs! I even bought her two new 12 x 7 S2 props!
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
I've still got to try that prop out!!!! How many years has it been?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:17 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
I've still got to try that prop out!!!! How many years has it been?
Too many!! Did you ever find the one you bought?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
Not yet, but Kerwin can attest to the mest in my shop!

http://youtu.be/O8G_QcdNtWg
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:47 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I was able to fly some this morning. Drizzle and windy. I just played with the Pizza Box. I had to finish the kitchen faucet change I started last night. The sprayer hose in the box did not fit the faucet - I really tried to make that work. So, another 40 miles there and back. I finally got it fixed in about 30 minutes with the new faucet. Then I had to change the float in the master bath.

So there is MY flight report for today.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia