HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:40 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
David22......your videos put me to shame........I got to know exactly what you're using!

http://youtu.be/4sTF9pNM0b4

This is a new camera........the orginal was perfect.......now look at it! Could it be that there's a National Guard Armory in the shots and there is intentional interferrence?
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:45 AM
nothing
United States, MO, Cameron
Joined Jan 2011
911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Snowy my friend I too fly at a soccer field, and unless they run you off you should still be able to fly there when they are not playing. The beauty of flying lecckys is it so much easier to find a field. I also fly at a cemetary.
Well I don't know if I'll be able to find anyone to fly with today and momma has us going to a picnic sunday.
Guys my sunglass camera is no more. Momma broke them.
K49 you silly goose. Just you wait krusty is going to show you a magic trick.
Kerwin50 are you serious???? A picnic???? Come on man, hang with your bros! Just say "no" to the picnic! Man or a Mouse? squeak up!
Kerwin49 is online now Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:36 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
Lt. Dan.......you ought to know by now that Mrs. Kerwin is a force he contends with.....that's why he's going on the picnic!

Kerwin, you enjoy yourself on that picnic.......nothing says you can't bring a plane or two along......lol Or.....you could picnic first with Momma and fly later with the boys.
Two birds with one stone kinda thing.

What, no flight reports? Outlaw, today your laundry day? Or are you riding that bike of your's....getting one last ride before the snow?

Plow, don't let the weather stop you!

I've got to install a wiring harness on the Town Car......so I can move my boats now that I've sold my minivan........the only vehicle we had a hitch on!

Looks like I'm flying down to Georgia.......and driving a car back for my cousin........Kerwin......get them walnuts ready! I'll fill the trunk with 'em!

Back to business.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:42 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
Happy Anniversary David22!!!!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:58 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Stu are you going to drop by? BTW have you been flying your little Edge any?
Sorry K49 but momma is much prettier and I'd rather picnic with her than fly with you.
This doesn't mean that I don't love you so don't get your feeling hurt. O BTW if you ask snowy nicely he may bring that extra large zucchini so you can walk straight.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:50 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
Town Car now has a hitch and is wired and ready to go! Now to tackle the fuel pump on the outboard....as well as change all the fuel lines!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:36 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Took CreoleBaby down to the fancy salon where her mom goes today, because next week is her birthday and this was an early present. She's happy! Off to see Looper now!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:09 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Dang! It's gonna rain hard tomorrow and blow like hell on Sunday!
Keep that down South.

Spent all day getting a new refrigerator. Coulda bought a lot of RC stuff for what that cost. Seems they get a lot higher every time we need one.

Well, plan is to fly tomorrow. Raining all day today. Working on the refrig, I did not get anything ready. I actually had to unload some of my trailer to make room for the fridge. They laid it down so I am in a holding pattern until 6pm so I can plug it in.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:45 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Just got back from the field...maidened my EF Outlaw and flew it 5 times.....this thing is insane and it was the first time in a long time I had trouble staying ahead of a plane, lol. It flies very well but it is so damn fast you blink and it is out of sight! Scary part is, I still have the motor rich and I have it tuned for about 16,900 rpm on the ground

Here is a short video of it...it is pretty hard to video the damn thing, lol. I did not crash it so I will chalk it up as a win, hehe

EF Outlaw with Jett .35 (1 min 29 sec)
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:47 PM
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
283 Posts
sorry snowman, no flight reports here. working graveyard has sucked the life out my motivation to get my dang plane finished. of course losing some dang screws didn't help either . never woulda believed that 13 months after starting on an ARF, the fricken thing would still not be completed.
Outlw36 is offline Find More Posts by Outlw36
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:14 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
CRFan1........holy wah! Lots left in that engine!

Outlaw......13 months and an ARF ain't done? You ought to hang your head in shame!!! They call 'em ARFs for a reason........they're Almost Ready to Fly! Dude, don't let work get in the way of your having fun!!!!

I ripped the 35hp Mercury apart and found that the ethanol not only degraded the fuel lines....it ate the float!!!!! (or at least the glue they glue the two halves together with!) I am pissed.....now I can't put it back together until Monday.....and it's supposed to rain and get real cold!!! I think I'll send someone the bill.......now who should it be?

Plow, you know how to keep 'em smiling.......it's called foreplay!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:25 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,064 Posts
well I missed my club funfly for soccer with my boy. I did go out this afternoon though. Everyone was packing up when I got there at around 1:30. I flew once and found that the engine wasn't settling down to its normal idle toward the end. I landed and that plane was not going to stop so I finally killed it at the end of the runway and it stopped in the dirt. One of the guys there had his kid run and grab it for me... that was great. The first thing I did when he got back to the pitts with the plane was check the muffler and sure enough it was wiggling. I thought gee I can't get any luck with the loctite and packed up and drove home. When I got the cowl off I noticed that it didn't look like the muffler bolts were loose at all. I put a wrench on them and couldn't tighten them down any further so I figured that wasn't the problem. I had to really torque on them to get them out. Once the muffler was out I found that the most recent welding job I had done has cracked again. This allowed the muffler to move around a bunch and let air in through the crack. Just enough to change the air mixture a bit.

I went ahead and put the new muffler on that I had purchased a while back. I'm bummed though because we have the old one set up perfect for smoke.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:26 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Looks like you received the battery Kerwin.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:28 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Just got back from the field...maidened my EF Outlaw and flew it 5 times.....this thing is insane and it was the first time in a long time I had trouble staying ahead of a plane, lol. It flies very well but it is so damn fast you blink and it is out of sight! Scary part is, I still have the motor rich and I have it tuned for about 16,900 rpm on the ground

Here is a short video of it...it is pretty hard to video the damn thing, lol. I did not crash it so I will chalk it up as a win, hehe

http://youtu.be/eRcIHGVnyws

Looks like you had some fun!!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:30 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlw36 View Post
sorry snowman, no flight reports here. working graveyard has sucked the life out my motivation to get my dang plane finished. of course losing some dang screws didn't help either . never woulda believed that 13 months after starting on an ARF, the fricken thing would still not be completed.
Don't feel bad man, that Cub of mine is still in the box and I have everything to do in. I've had it all for well over a year now! Kinda silly eh?