HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:22 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,468 Posts
If you ever find good carbon folding props that are small enou,gh to fit Ezstar let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
7 kids (children) would make me crazy (crazier). I have one and she makes me crazy.

Did you sleep in he cab the first couple of nights? Soak up all that new truck smell. I usually sit in a new car for several ours going through the manual.

QUOTE=waynemia;22852672]David -> my easy star came at about 5:30pm. You are right, they have started doing the injections from the bottom only. I think the rudder is the same as the old ones. I will probably enlarge it. I always cover them in chrome, kinda my signature.

I will study the assembly tonight. I thought it came with a motor like the old ones but not so. I will have to check on a motor for it. I may have one already.
I may get a metal mount and some CF blades. The blades on my Cularis were not that good. HK had some great CF replacements.

I am looking for an outrunner with about 250 to 300 watts and 4S capable. I still want it to have some awesome speed like the old ones. I can manage the throttle. If the props fall off, well, it IS a glider. I am also thinking that I may try a fixed prop also.

I am still considering the aluminum mount.

I like lots of rudder authority. I try not to use ailerons when gliding. I think it is best to keep all the lift under the wings so the rudder works better. The big chrome rudder also helps see the thing. The sun flashes off it occasionally.

I am surprised the wing is white. The grey ones were supposed to be a stronger foam. I hope they have not made them weaker. I will add some fiber tape just in case.

I will pre-fit everything before deciding about modifying the wing mounts or tail. I built about 15 EZ* I models. This one has a lot of differences so I will be cautious.[/QUOTE]
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:00 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,841 Posts
Snowman yes you know we all have a blast, that was my cousins P-47 and since I showed him how to fly and crash he's always had a great attitude about crashes we both love to build so crashing is no big deal he doesn't even really like to fly unless others are in the sky with him as he loves a good mid air mis fortune lol as do I I think were weird that way, but trying to fly as close to each other in the sky looks so awesome but we've met in the sky many many times and were always laughing our butts off watching all the pieces flutter all over the field. It is extremely exciting to fly like that and we never mean to hit each other but that is the risk were willing to take for such a Rush of that beautiful flyby inches away at full throttle, I have to admit when its right that is the supreme feeling of euphoria.

Awesome pull on the garden too that's just fantastic. And good luck on the boats.

David having kids is a blessing and a curse and a blrssing and a curse lolol good luck on the new easy star
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:49 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Cool vid Waldo. What I wouldn't give to fly with you guys!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:15 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Cool vid Waldo. What I wouldn't give to fly with you guys!
We all got to get together and do that.... Sad thing is Waldo and I are not that far apart and we have not flown together... Went toy shopping together once....
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:07 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,100 Posts
Well, it's a beautiful day out.......42 degrees and a bright blue sky! I've got all my batteries charged and I'm going to bring three leccies to the soon-to-be-lost field! The 260, the Tiger Moth, and the Yard Stik w/camera........yes my new keychain cam came in yesterday and I'm hoping for some measure of success. I'm fast approaching the 40lb-lost mark and I'm keeping busy.....no watching T.V. for me! Good news as well, my insulin consumption is now 8 units/day as compared to 20 units/day when I started........it's very possible that I can eliminate it all together and not be considered a diabetic any longer. Now if that's not incentive to stay focused I don't know what is! Now I know this might sound like too much information..........and it probably is, but hell......if I can lose weight (considering how much I love food)......then the few of you fellas out there that want to lose only a few pounds or want to quit smoking.........you can do it. Enough of the public service announcement......I've got a full day ahead! Have a great day!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:14 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,100 Posts
Waldo........you know that euphoric state you were talking about? I have to agree.....those WOT passes that make the ribbon on your antenna blow around are exhilerating! But, by the same token.......flying so unrealistically slow, at knee level, in a Tiger Moth is almost as fun......almost. (Yes, I have a length of ribbon tied to the end of my 72mhz transmitter.......it's red even!........but it's a windsock that's always right in front of your face!)

More videos please.........that means you too David22!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:42 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,170 Posts
Snowy... You are saying what we all know in the back of our RC Minds. I quit smoking cold turkey 16 years ago after a long spell of doing so. I may still not be right over that. I loose weight now and then to keep from buying new britches but it will come back. Its a stress thing for me, I stress.... I love FOOD.

Good to hear you have things on your side, and coming out of the closet on the leccy thing is a big first step.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:20 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,518 Posts
Snowy my friend I too fly at a soccer field, and unless they run you off you should still be able to fly there when they are not playing. The beauty of flying lecckys is it so much easier to find a field. I also fly at a cemetary.
Well I don't know if I'll be able to find anyone to fly with today and momma has us going to a picnic sunday.
Guys my sunglass camera is no more. Momma broke them.
K49 you silly goose. Just you wait krusty is going to show you a magic trick.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:42 AM
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
282 Posts
Kerwin did you try to wear them glasses to bed?
Outlw36 is offline Find More Posts by Outlw36
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:52 AM
Unregistered User
United States, MO, Winston
Joined Jan 2011
840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlw36 View Post
Kerwin49 is offline Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:52 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,518 Posts
Thats funny outlaw. LOL
BTW david I really like my omega 72 from 3DHS. although the props it uses maybe a little large.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:59 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlw36 View Post
Leave it to Outlaw36!!!!

Damn wind! Can't fly leccys when it starts blowin' over 20mph! I need to fing a weekend and evening hours nitro field.....the only thing that's coming out of the closet is more nitro stuff and the leccy stuff will be going into the closet to gather dust!

I've got a video for you guy, complete with landing, but unfortunately the camera was facing too much straight down........so it's all pretty much the same.......with some fall colors......it's downloading on Youtube as we speak.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:59 AM
Joined Apr 2008
18,468 Posts
7 year anniversary for me and my wife

going to play paint ball and go bike riding

will try to get new video out for ya snowman
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:20 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,170 Posts
This looks nice

Pilot-RC gas power trainer : 1st prototype (2 min 10 sec)
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined Apr 2008
18,468 Posts
hd looking down (23 min 32 sec)