HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:38 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
9150s are only $29 at ValueHobby now and they make over 200.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:51 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
9150s are only $29 at ValueHobby now and they make over 200.
To avoid Blow Back, this chassis needs 300 min. My Power HD Rudder servo is just shy of 400. Its the only HV I have.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:39 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Yeah, those are some big ailerons with only one servo. Chief has 7955TGs for only $89. If I go 50cc that is what I'll use.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:10 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,330 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, those are some big ailerons with only one servo. Chief has 7955TGs for only $89. If I go 50cc that is what I'll use.
Barn Doors for sure. There is a lot of people migrating away from the Hitecs. I over heard a lot of discussions at our FLI about people changing. I am not saying they are going any specific brand, but it seems there have been a bit of failures out of the normal. Maybe they are having sourcing issues with parts?

Futaba has came out with some really nice HV servos. Andrew Jesky recomends a Futaba car servo for Pattern planes, one of our club members followed his advice and loves it..... Even though when he called futaba, that would not recomend it and would not tell him what the difference / reason was.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:14 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
$77ea. if you buy 4

http://www.chiefaircraft.com/hit-hs-7954sh.html
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Sep 24, 2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:44 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
By all accounts Futaba makes the smoothest, most trouble free servos, and people say they last a lot longer. They are just too expensive for my meager budget!! Maybe someday!!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:20 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,330 Posts
Quote:
By all accounts Futaba makes the smoothest, most trouble free servos, and people say they last a lot longer. They are just too expensive for my meager budget!! Maybe someday!!
Me too...Cha Ching... Servos are not cheap...

Anyone know anything about printers to make calendars? I want to put some calendars together from our event for 2013 but online at $18 each and a 250 min purchase, I am thinking I could by the printer and do it myself.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:48 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,288 Posts
T_ _ _taholics bare all calendar? Where's the barfing smiley!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:53 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
T_ _ _taholics bare all calendar? Where's the barfing smiley!
Well... We could look at that as a future project if we ever got us all in one spot long enough for pictures.

I am not certain that would break any laws of physics, state, nature, ethics, of other.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:03 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,288 Posts
ROFLMAO!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:12 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
A friend has an old Royal 40 engine. I am trying to help with it. Looks like someone did a repair on the muffler and reduced the opening about 25 to 30%. It seems to get hot and die. Starts easy and runs at low end. There are some transition issues but I can't get a good set on the high end.

I am blaming the muffler. Any other ideas?

The carb has a massive bore. Looks way out of proportion on a 40. I looked at a perry carb replacement and it lists a .270 bore so I don't know.

I let him borrow an OS 40FP so we can test the plane.

This is the person with the HB 25 with no pressure tap on the muffler. It runs but I have not found any information on it. I think he needs to find a collector for that one.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:01 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
A friend has an old Royal 40 engine. I am trying to help with it. Looks like someone did a repair on the muffler and reduced the opening about 25 to 30%. It seems to get hot and die. Starts easy and runs at low end. There are some transition issues but I can't get a good set on the high end.
Take the muffy off? I have a Royal 46 and it was being a pain, lots of air leaks and such to get it to play nice, was doing the same thing, getting hot.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:02 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,599 Posts
I have a couple of Royal .40's, fairly new. They are contemporay to the K&B 40 with the Perry carb. The carb throat does mike out to .270. The exhaust port is smaller than the K&B but the muffler is about the same size. They are an ABC, Schnuerle ported engine, twin ball bearings, two needle carb. May have the original spec sheet somewhere, but I'm not sure where. They seemed to run OK, but not spetactular by any means. That's all I got now
NoMatta is online now Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:50 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,972 Posts
Hey Kids

mt Flyer so sorry to hear about the crash, our best to the families.

Yes take the muffler off and see what the enfgine does from there first you can either make it better or worse but at least you'll know.

Nate Some nice flying for sure back a couple pages ago wahoooo

kerwin Great Flight report as always

Snowman That last comment should be on a road we can never find ROTFLOL
sorry about the crashing waves ruining the fishin'

Dad great to hear from you again

Well it was another 30+ windy day of fun filled flying man I had a blast with the T40 videos should be out sooner or later of those flights from my friend. I have a few quick vids that I need to post

I put the 61fx on my edge and now its doing the same exact thing as My 91fx was doing, so it must be some sort of tank issue it runs fine and then just starts heating up and slowing down, now that engine ran just great before I stuck it on that edge, maybe the tank is too high or something but whatever is going on its begining to bug me big time, i really want to ring this plane out and the engines just aren't working on it.

My Good cuz had a stab break on his P-47 with those 30+ winds and he ended up pile driving it even bent the 2 front arms on his Saito 100 I didn't catch the crash but I think my friend got it on video.

the OT has started here at work so its busy busy busy now

Glad I finally got caught up.. keep em high and the smiles wide
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:39 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Guys herer's a video of our sunday flying. The Green machine starts at 5:16. K49 sttarts the video with his revolver, followed by Jim with his herr cub.
Jims Video (10 min 16 sec)
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50