HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:09 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Ron some of the Tower mufflers fit other engines and they are generally lighter and will increase rpm on OS engines for sure. Just something to think about. Last time I looked they were very cheap!
The one for the .46 is nice but it has been out of stock for about 2 years.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:10 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
[QUOTE=kerwin50;22793736]Just where is that tower flyer. Got any pics?
Progreso and Cozamel is on the Yucatan Peninsula. here is a few pictures of both. Hope you enjoy them as much as we did while we were there.
The first six are in Progresso. The last two will be us in Cozamel.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:40 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Take care my friend Snowy.

Guys have you ever seen these photo's of the Green Machine flatspinning.
Here are a couple of picks of the upright and inverted flatspin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I am not sure I wanna go here but better to toss my self on the sword and get it over with.

Hey guys, trying to stay caught up on this thread, barely treading water

kerwin, I have seen that green machine doing both types of flat spins, in person! Awesome shots of the GM in action, thanks!

Ron, regarding that video..."what? I can't hear you!" LOL...that must have been a fun time, the videos Jim posted were awesome!

guess he ran out of film before that lipo exploded, huh?

I took some pictures at our B-17 Desert Rat visit and fun fly...a few are attached...enjoy.

I also have a video of me doing the walk of shame, I will (humbly) post that this weekend

Raining outside now, hoping it will be done so I can fly tomorrow. Hoping to have the new motor mounted on the 65" Vyper either tonight or in the morning tomorrow. Weather calls for rain through noon tomorrow; still I chance I can fly at some point in the day....rain on Saturday stinks...why can't it rain on Thursday or Friday or better yet Mondays?
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:47 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
To everyone--------------BEST PART OF CRUISE
opc orn:
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:26 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Hey guys, trying to stay caught up on this thread, barely treading water

kerwin, I have seen that green machine doing both types of flat spins, in person! Awesome shots of the GM in action, thanks!

Ron, regarding that video..."what? I can't hear you!" LOL...that must have been a fun time, the videos Jim posted were awesome!

guess he ran out of film before that lipo exploded, huh?

I took some pictures at our B-17 Desert Rat visit and fun fly...a few are attached...enjoy.

I also have a video of me doing the walk of shame, I will (humbly) post that this weekend

Raining outside now, hoping it will be done so I can fly tomorrow. Hoping to have the new motor mounted on the 65" Vyper either tonight or in the morning tomorrow. Weather calls for rain through noon tomorrow; still I chance I can fly at some point in the day....rain on Saturday stinks...why can't it rain on Thursday or Friday or better yet Mondays?
Gonna be too dang windy to Fly anyway.....

I have the EF Outlaw all done and was hoping to maiden it tomorrow but no such luck

Broke in the Jett Engineering.35 last week.....was turning 16500 RPM and still very rich on a 9x6 apc. This thing is gonna RIP! I plan on flying it with an 8x7 and it should turn well over 17K. Can you say fast?
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:26 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Awesome pics Tower and Snowdog!!
Looks like you and your wife were quite happy there TF!! And beautiful sunrise shots!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:27 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Gonna be too dang windy to Fly anyway.....

I have the EF Outlaw all done and was hoping to maiden it tomorrow but no such luck

Broke in the Jett Engineering.35 last week.....was turning 16500 RPM and still very rich on a 9x6 apc. This thing is gonna RIP! I plan on flying it with an 8x7 and it should turn well over 17K. Can you say fast?
You are in for some big grins!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:23 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,363 Posts
Hey fellas.........nice pics!!! Looks like you both had a great time!

CRFan1........TOO WINDY!!!!!........... I can see rain as being an excuse, but unless it's over 40mph........wind ain't an excuse!!!!! "This thing is gonna RIP!" You want your plane to Rest in Pieces? If that plane of yours is gonna be fast......it would be that much faster with a 35mph tail wind!

See, now I have a legitimate excuse.....it's still raining here! So what do we do in the rain........we go DUCK HUNTING!!!! Yeah baby.......opening day tomorrow!!!! Can you say freeze your balls off? Hell yeah! It's cold, it's windy, and it's raining big time!.......No pink tutus in this neck of the woods! We rage against the weather....we don't bunch it and hang around home drinking tea and eating crumpets!

Kerwin, the leaves are near their peak in Ontonagon and we're getting a hellava lot of wind so I doubt there's going to be many leaves when this front is through! Waldo, might have some color up his way!

No flying to report, no building to report........maybe some pictures of dead waterfowl, tomorrow!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:39 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,014 Posts
Great Pics Tower and Snowdog what fun was had by all

Tea and crumpets whatever happened to waffles and bacon

Yes winds up to 40 are fun winds up to 50 are exciting winds up to 60 plus is just the coolest flying there is Oh wait,, maybe thats just stupid fun

the only color I have seen is the dingy basement lol actually the wife and I saw 2 fully red trees 2 days ago the rest are all still green. but we got the postage approved for our 1,800,000 piece mailing today now I will only see floresent lights from morning until midnight every week night until we have completed this job sometime in Novemeber were hoping. of course I will be taking Saturday and Sunday off as I can't give up flying day ever and 80 to 90 hour work weeks are way more than I want to invest anyway, so they can do without me on the weekends. Ok back to the grind and then home to load the van for tomorrows festivities
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:20 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,637 Posts
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:39 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Here are some clips from the test flights today on the Kadet. It was great.

I did not tach the prop. I did measure 8lbs of thrust on the ground using a fish scale. I will test it later with a 15x4W and see what happens.

Sig Kadet Senior Test Flight with Saito FA-100 Engine (5 min 20 sec)
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:09 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,014 Posts
Wayne NICE vid of the Kadet man that thing flew gentle yet I don't know if it was the nice close ups but inverted Harriers, knife edge, hover, soft as kitten paw touch and goes, loops, rolls etc.... What a flight !!! Well done sir and a bigger tank just means more fun
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:06 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Wayne NICE vid of the Kadet man that thing flew gentle yet I don't know if it was the nice close ups but inverted Harriers, knife edge, hover, soft as kitten paw touch and goes, loops, rolls etc.... What a flight !!! Well done sir and a bigger tank just means more fun
My video guy was having trouble keeping up with the plane. He is new at it. It was actually clips from three or four flights - we forgot how many but at least three. I ran it out of fuel twice but no problems on landing.

It was very pleasant flying and it was almost like it was in slow motion sometimes. Won't be long until we try that glider tow again.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:38 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,363 Posts
Wayne, that engine works well with the Senior! Do you have ailerons on that bird? I like the big tires too! Good job!

One wood duck hen this morning.....well, actually I shot two...the other a mallard hen, but the dog wouldn't range out that far in the water and we lost it in the weeds when the wind picked up! We'll see how tomorrow morning goes. Still raining here with patchy sun......typical fall weather.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:47 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,395 Posts
Noon Demo

3DHS State College Fly Low In Noon Demo (8 min 1 sec)
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy