SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:05 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,052 Posts
Tower I've been on one cruise it was one of those 2 fun days at sea, 3 stops and then 1 fun day at sea for the ride home well long story short our 6 day cruise turned into an 9 day cruise as we missed the ship because of a storm so they flew us to Jamaica the next morning and put us in an all inclusive hotel where we waited to board the ship when it arrived in 3 days which actually worked out better for us as the 1st 3 days we weren't spending cash for drinks on the ship. and then another storm delayed the arrival into our port and we had to stay at the same Hotel we were at the first night back in Galveston for an additional 2 days so they could get us on a flight home, We had an awesome time and all the extra days were completely paid by the cruisline, food, taxi's hotel, etc... lesson learned always buy the insurance as you never know, another couple that got stuck with our group didn't have the insurance and they had to pay an additional $1200 before we even got to Jamaica for all the extra flights and the all inclusive hotel. and God only knows what they spent being held over once we got back and had to wait 2 days to get a flight home,, lets just say they were very unhappy and quite ticked off at times, but they did make the best of the situation when they were finally just enjoying the vacation.

I've never used a tuned pipe or anything either, Does it really make a big difference in perfomance?

well the Big Ol triplane is back together and ready to be tested this Saturday put the cowl back on the edge shes ready too, Then of course The Wonder, T_ _ _ T, and ultra stick should all be on the field for fun in the skies tomorrow Wahooooo its flying eve then the wifes 30 year class reunion is tomorrow night also
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:07 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,052 Posts
ooh slipped those in there guys LOL

Plow Yes BUILD THAT CUB ALREADY !!!! I have been dying to see that baby in the sky

kerwin Sorry to hear about the Lipo an unusable Tx is not fun by any means
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:10 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Waldo have you started that zenoah yet. I'm sure she'll need a tuning.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:11 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Just where is that tower flyer. Got any pics?
wayne I got a 24 by 30 building plus a mobile home out at my property just 13 miles away.
I was planning on building on to the building and living there. But as several of you all Know i was a quad for alittle while and momma wanted an apt in town where everything is done for you. The main reason I stay at this apt is the rent is cheap. The apt complex is subsidized by the state for the prison guards and the like. Half is young family's whose employed for lower middle income and us old retired folks.

Guys My poor TX is dead. I bought a lipo for it awhile back. And wouldn't you believe it, I left the TX on.
I ordered a Life tx battery for it. I hope I don't kill it. I should of just bought those one kind of nicads/nimhs that are really good. But they were just so dog gone expensive.
Sometimes you can resurrect those lipos. Put them on NIMH charge for a couple of minutes and see if you can bring it up enough for the lipo charge to work. The purists will say this won't work but it does sometimes. Not saying the bat will be 100% again but you can try it.

Lipo transmitter bats are available for less than $20 usually. I use Lipos in all my transmitters now.

Which battery do you need? is is like 8 AAs side by side (flat pack) or is it the four x four end to end (square). What is the connector? I may have a NiCd or NiMh you can have.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:14 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Shoot, I just looked in the package and David actually sent me three 921s!!! You da man David! I'll put them to good use! Maybe I should build that Cub now!!
I wish someone would send me 3 R617FS recievers for free. *hint* I would even chip in for shipping.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:19 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
I've never used a tuned pipe or anything either, Does it really make a big difference in performance?
The MACs mufflers give a little boost. I like them because they are easy.

You get tired of messing with the Zenoah, maybe we can work out a trade. I have an OS1.60FX looking for a home.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:20 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Wayne mine is the 4 pack end to end. It goes in the 9C.
I could sure use a pack.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:22 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Waldo, we had the top off the Jeep all summer long so it was taking up a lot of room in the garage, and of course with no top on her we had to park the Jeep in there too. Now I have lots of room. I plan to get all my stuff together this winter and I hope to fly a lot more next year. My wife will finish up grad school again in December and sit for her boards in January, so by February she should be working full time again so maybe I won't have to work two jobs anymore and I'll have a little extra dough for myself. I just have to be patient! It's been over two years already but there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:24 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I wish someone would send me 3 R617FS recievers for free. *hint* I would even chip in for shipping.
He wouldn't even let me pay for shipping!! What a great group we have here!!
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:25 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Wayne, you should build an all out speed plane with that 1.60!!
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:53 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Wayne mine is the 4 pack end to end. It goes in the 9C.
I could sure use a pack.
PM me an address Kerwin. I know what goes into a 9C.

Quote:
I have two of them. A really big P-38. I was trying to get Shane to do that.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:24 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,052 Posts
Quote:
Waldo have you started that zenoah yet. I'm sure she'll need a tuning.
Nope gonna fire her up Tpomorrow morn at the field She might need a tuning But I'm quite confident, I shall be,,, triumphant !! I even put the cowl back on

Quote:
Sometimes you can resurrect those lipos.
I actually used my regular car battery charger on low voltage charge to resurect my lipo, I've done it a few times now actually but be careful, I used the low voltage on charge for about 4 or 5 minutes then it was enough to put the lipo back on charge the right way, that battery is now 4 years old and still going strong.

Quote:
You get tired of messing with the Zenoah, maybe we can work out a trade. I have an OS1.60FX looking for a home.
I love my Zenoah and its not going anywhere lol my US 1000 is looking for a new engine since the supertigre left me, PM me a price on your 1.60 and I'll let you know if its a possibility right now or not, Chances are probably not until after the holidays though.

Quote:
but there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!
Go into the light don't be afraid of the light Thats awesome Plow and it would do my heart good to see you back out there more often again, Its great to see how you take care of the family first though, that is absolutely rule number 1 and the most important thing of course. you will be rewarded for your dedication and honor in the long run.

Quote:
Ditto build that 38 yourself you'll love it !!
I have the plans for a nice top flight DC-3 I plan on Scratch building one of these years I forgot the engine size though LOL I also have the plans for a TF Cessna 180, and I'm still trying to get some time to get that Half done Bird Dog L-19 thats going to need a 26cc gasser our member started a few years ago. also in the basement is the Lazy Bee Snowman gave me and an a GP Ultimate Bipe. so many projects and just 1 Waldo lol I love it all though, I always feel excited knowing I have projects to build but the anticiaption is killing me LOL
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:29 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,494 Posts
Quote:
Moose can or beer bottle pipe.
Beer Bottles I have, they are better for the 60 size, the 36 is just too small. Moose Can is a backup plane, I would need to buy a header.

Quote:
I didn't think a tuned pipe was lighter than a stock muffler. I know I see people fiddling with those things a lot. I have never tried one, just the macs tuned mufflers.
Some can be lighter, the muffler on the 36 is heavy for its size. It kept coming loose, I lock tite'd the crap out of it..... The Bolts twisted off in the muffler last night <sigh>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
I've never used a tuned pipe or anything either, Does it really make a big difference in perfomance?
Yes, if you spend a little time tuning them, the rpms can come up considerably. The Pro Bro guys use them a lot.

Quote:
Light and easy they are.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:01 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Ron some of the Tower mufflers fit other engines and they are generally lighter and will increase rpm on OS engines for sure. Just something to think about. Last time I looked they were very cheap!
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:01 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Thank you for the kind words Waldo.