to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:48 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Guy's I think I may have slid by on the hair of my chinny chinn chin.
Our apt manager is a 70 yro female lil Hitler. Over time I've learned not to argue with her.
Now she has been doing inspections on the apt's every couple of months.
My wife use to go through an clean/ pick up/arrange the apt. It was to the point that I complained to the wife. Telling her our apt was kept clean enough and if she didn;t like the clutter on the kitchen table and the general lived in appearance. Then she's more than welcome to take pictures and send them to coperate to evict us because we have clutter on the table.

Well Dot ( the manager) along with John ( the maintance man) buzz our door bell at 9:00 am in the morning. I'm not dressed. So it took a moment for me to answer the door. They knock 3 to 4 times. I kept answering just a minute.
I open the door and see Dot was already disgusted. as they walk in John ask to test the fire alarm while Dot walks into the far end of the kitchen. Asking where the burner pans for the electric stove. As she's looking at the oven I replied in the dish washer.
She looked hard at the kitchen table strewn with model airplane parts.. She then replys I smell motor oil. She was standing in front of a walmart sack filled with trash hanging on the pantry door. I repiled I haven taken out the trash today.
She turns around looks at the trash and says no it smells like motor oil and opens the pantry door looking at all the clutter in the pantry. Just when she starts remarking on all the clutter in the pantry and lecturing me on organizing the pantry better John says somthing to the effect of a plane in the bed room. It sounded like a gas plane, but Dot was so busy lecturing me on the pantry she didn't hear John. Instead she started walking that way. I head to the bedroom ahead of her. Now our hallway is so small the John had to go back in the living room while Dot and I looked at the airplane room. Now there was so much clutter in the room that really Dot really didn't step into the room. Now the green machine was there sitting on the table giving off the greasy smell that Gasser do.
But Dot is alrady having a heart attack at the site of all these crashed planes. I grab my little electric and her crashed sister and move to the hall way . I tell yeah I crash my little Electric airplanes alot.
She's telling me she thinks it's in the lease that a bedroom is suppose to be used as a bed room and not a work shop. I'm now backing her down the hall way holding these 2 leccys infront of me, saying But they're such good therapy for me. She starts saying she'll have to check into it. To which I reply I'm sorry it's such a mess I promise I'll clean it up.
She then replied aright clean it up then. It's a mess. and left.
My gasser safe for now but on the next inspection I'm going to need to move her.
Kerwin, I am a scatterbrained slob at times. Because of that and the friends I have in the apartment business I know that there is no way in hell that is legal. Did they give you 24 hours notice on the inspection? if not they are breaking the law unless it is an emergency. Clutter is not illegal, unless it involves perishables, or volitale chemicals. I say let her make a stink, by the time a lawyer got done with them you'd be buying a big ass house with more garage space than you could ever fill with planes. Or your new BMW. On the next unanounced inspection, tell her no. come back tomorrow. Then get a lawyer. You can her without dropping your pants.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:22 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Well, I believe I have the Kadet ready for a test flight. The fuel tank is secured, battery remounted, and hatch re-installed. I will double check the CG tomorrow and then to a first start on the engine. I don't think it will be any trouble. I did leave the Saito plug in it. If I have any problems, that will be the first thing I change.

I need a wrench I can grind down to tighten the muffler lock nut. There just is not enough clearance on those things. I think it is 12mm. I will have to see if I have one. If not, I guess I will buy a HF one. I think I will weigh it tomorrow for grins and giggles. Get some photos too. I don't know if I will have a video person.

If the flight goes OK, I still need to install the remote glow and fueler.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:29 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
Guys the biggest thing Dot can get me on is the gasoline airplane. Thats why it's just best to play the game. I read in another internet thread where a guy had to give up his gasoline airplanes. No to mention my nitro's. I'm just playing the game.
Momma likes it here, otherwise I'd be moving her back out to the boone docks.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:50 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Kerwin, I think you outta move down to Harker Heights!!

Wayne, good luck with the Kadet. Can't wait to hear a positive maiden report!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:50 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Guys the biggest thing Dot can get me on is the gasoline airplane. Thats why it's just best to play the game. I read in another internet thread where a guy had to give up his gasoline airplanes. No to mention my nitro's. I'm just playing the game.
Momma likes it here, otherwise I'd be moving her back out to the boone docks.
Maybe you need to rent a little storage room.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:51 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Double post. Oops
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:56 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I wish I had a mill and knew how to use it so I could make a nice, custom wrench.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:18 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,905 Posts
Towerflyer good to see a post from you

DOG. Go there

Wayne just bet someone $2.00 in a machine shop they couldn't make that kind of wrench good luck on the maiden

Free love here at the t _ _ _ taholic thread whoda thunk
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:59 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,261 Posts
Been thinking about a tuned pipe for my Plank that has a Thunder Tiger 36 Pro. Something lighter then the stock muffy and will give a shad more uhmp.... Any of you have any thoughts? I have looked at mac and tower, a bit confusing to the tune pipe challenged.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:30 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Been thinking about a tuned pipe for my Plank that has a Thunder Tiger 36 Pro. Something lighter then the stock muffy and will give a shad more uhmp.... Any of you have any thoughts? I have looked at mac and tower, a bit confusing to the tune pipe challenged.
Moose can or beer bottle pipe.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:00 AM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
Snowman My wife won a cruise to Progresso and Cozumel . It was our first cruise and we really enjoyed it. When we got to Progesso it made me appreciate what little I have.

Here is a little flight report , after we got back from the cruise I flue the 150 T---t and had to hold about full down to get it to fly and almost lost it but managed to land . The fuselage seamed to flex so striped the covering off and it was cracked in four places. I repaired it and went to the field yesterday and it flue better than it has for a while , I guess it was broke for a while but could not tell, it all ways seamed to be good or just it broke on last flight. It has been used and abused. Anyway had a grate day with it then mowed the field to get it ready for the weekend.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Last edited by tower flyer; Sep 21, 2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:36 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I didn't think a tuned pipe was lighter than a stock muffler. I know I see people fiddling with those things a lot. I have never tried one, just the macs tuned mufflers.
Last edited by waynemia; Sep 21, 2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:52 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
Just where is that tower flyer. Got any pics?
wayne I got a 24 by 30 building plus a mobile home out at my property just 13 miles away.
I was planning on building on to the building and living there. But as several of you all Know i was a quad for alittle while and momma wanted an apt in town where everything is done for you. The main reason I stay at this apt is the rent is cheap. The apt complex is subsidized by the state for the prison guards and the like. Half is young family's whose employed for lower middle income and us old retired folks.

Guys My poor TX is dead. I bought a lipo for it awhile back. And wouldn't you believe it, I left the TX on.
I ordered a Life tx battery for it. I hope I don't kill it. I should of just bought those one kind of nicads/nimhs that are really good. But they were just so dog gone expensive.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:04 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Shoot, I just looked in the package and David actually sent me three 921s!!! You da man David! I'll put them to good use! Maybe I should build that Cub now!!