HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:42 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Ah ha! Alan said Hummus. Wait, what the hell is hummus? Oh yea, ground up peas of some kind. I thought he had been in Texas long enough to get over that stuff.

Heat your batteries?! These leccy guys are talking saving money because they don't buy fuel. They have hundreds of $$$ in batteries and chargers, the magnets keep falling out, the motor boxes are always getting crushed, magic smoke releases, and NOW - they have to heat batteries. I don't own a fanny pack. Men with fanny packs are frowned on down here unless you are in Austin.

Fixed the Funjet Ultra today. It hit Frank's foot on the landing and the ESC went forward and pulled the motor loose. It is all better now.

I still don't have the Kadet ready for a test flight. Maybe tomorrow.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:45 PM
BANG IT!!!
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Canned tomatoes "can" be tricky
My wife made sauces with all of our garden tomatos. The smell of "canning" tomatos as a child caused me to loose interest in tomatos in general... I grow um, pick um, eat them if chopped small on tacos or made into a sauce, but that is it.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:54 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I have a pretty firm rule not to eat food that starts with anti-. That makes it anti-matter and I don't want to blow up the universe. I also don't eat stuff that has sardines or anchovies. I know what your thinking, how do you know if you have not tried it?

Well, I have not tried elephant afterbirth either but I am satisfied with my limited food selection.

Folks from the Texas panhandle don't experiment a lot. I did not try Chinese food until I was 16. Never saw a lobster until I was in the Army. We thought shrimp was born breaded and deep fried. We thought that Italians only ate pizza and spaghetti.

I don't care for tomatoes either.

vive la différence.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:11 PM
BANG IT!!!
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I have a pretty firm rule not to eat food that starts with anti-. That makes it anti-matter and I don't want to blow up the universe. I also don't eat stuff that has sardines or anchovies. I know what your thinking, how do you know if you have not tried it?

Well, I have not tried elephant afterbirth either but I am satisfied with my limited food selection.

Folks from the Texas panhandle don't experiment a lot. I did not try Chinese food until I was 16. Never saw a lobster until I was in the Army. We thought shrimp was born breaded and deep fried. We thought that Italians only ate pizza and spaghetti.

I don't care for tomatoes either.

vive la différence.
Anti- After- or Experiment- should not start any food discussion. You mean the shrimp arent breaded at birth.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:36 PM
Do Da Dippidy
plowboy1966's Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
I love this thread! I feel like ten pounds of crap in a Dixi cup but you guys still make me laugh.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:07 PM
Registered User
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,289 Posts
Wayne........you're in rare form tonight! Did you happen to empty that bottle of Scotch you started sippin' earlier? As to your taste in food......well, you're right...viva la difference......but you're still missing out!!!!! If you've ever had a salad in a great restaurant.......I bet the bowl was rubbed with anchovy paste and I don't know a person of Italian descent that doesn't use anchovies in their sauce! The reason why I'm a fat bastard is because I like it all......so maybe I'd be thin like you guys if I was afraid to eat anything new too!

Plow, as long as you're not blowin' chunks out your nose...you're doing great! Hang in there!

Boy, have we lost a few members along the way! What's going on? I was just thinking about guys like Thew, 2Hi2C, Jacklegchris, NoMatta.......etc......did they all forget what's important in life or what?
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:28 PM
Do Da Dippidy
plowboy1966's Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Wayne........you're in rare form tonight! Did you happen to empty that bottle of Scotch you started sippin' earlier? As to your taste in food......well, you're right...viva la difference......but you're still missing out!!!!! If you've ever had a salad in a great restaurant.......I bet the bowl was rubbed with anchovy paste and I don't know a person of Italian descent that doesn't use anchovies in their sauce! The reason why I'm a fat bastard is because I like it all......so maybe I'd be thin like you guys if I was afraid to eat anything new too!

Plow, as long as you're not blowin' chunks out your nose...you're doing great! Hang in there!

Boy, have we lost a few members along the way! What's going on? I was just thinking about guys like Thew, 2Hi2C, Jacklegchris, NoMatta.......etc......did they all forget what's important in life or what?

Jacklegchris is still poppin in pretty regular and NoMatta bought a business and is very busy, but still gets by. 2hi2c kinda freaked out, you may remember, and shut down the last thread. Thew hasn't been around for a very long time. I recall he cut the crap outta his hand right before he checked out. Too bad, I liked that guy.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:51 PM
Registered User
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,289 Posts
Oh yeah.......2Hi got his undies in a bundle.......I remember that now! Thew.....he was a good man........cutting your hand ain't no reason to leave your friends high and dry though, is it? I hope to see those guys yet.....but for now......I can live with you guys.
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:03 PM
Registered User
kerwin50's Avatar
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Where ole where is MT Flyer? Wayne,Ron, Chris. anyone know.
Dad Roman where are you.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:54 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Waldopepperaxe's Avatar
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Well, I have not tried elephant afterbirth either but I am satisfied with my limited food selection.
Well that has to go down as the great quote of the month ROTFLOL

This thread is great !!!!!

I'm not much of a tomato guy either but ok on subs tacos and any sauce without anchovies lol

Get better plow

There were other T_ _ _Ters besides us here

Anchovies are like Leccys bleckthhh
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:55 PM
Hardrock Miner
jacklegchris's Avatar
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
755 Posts
I'm here. Been lurking in the shadows. I normally check in once a day or so I just never have much to say. Kind of a quiet type of guy.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:03 PM
Do Da Dippidy
plowboy1966's Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
I'm here. Been lurking in the shadows. I normally check in once a day or so I just never have much to say. Kind of a quiet type of guy.
We haven't seen any pics from you lately Chris. Are you getting out of that hole in the ground once in a while these days? I sure hope so!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:10 PM
Hardrock Miner
jacklegchris's Avatar
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
755 Posts
Just getting home now. One more day and I'm off for 4. Then it's time for a little hunting maybe some flying. My brother is making me want to go hunting after he got thisName: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348107011.125297.jpg
Views: 36
Size: 212.7 KB
Description:
last week.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:15 PM
Do Da Dippidy
plowboy1966's Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
Just getting home now. One more day and I'm off for 4. Then it's time for a little hunting maybe some flying. My brother is making me want to go hunting after he got thisAttachment 5169296
last week.
Holy $#\+!!! That is freakin huge!! Did he have to bring a chainsaw in so he could cut it up and pack it out? It must be a lot of work to process one of those, it looks the size of a moose!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:23 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Poor Bambi's Dad.

He gonna EAT that?

I don't like to look my food in the eye either. At those upity restaurants that Snow eats at, I tell them if it is lookin' at me, it is goin' back! Same for food that is still bleeding and meat that has not been thoroughly cooked.

Yuck.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New Club Thread - Northern Beaches Soaring Club Psionic001 Australia 13 Sep 11, 2014 07:45 AM
Help! Tower SUper Saver Club la528it Hot Online Deals 9 Jan 10, 2010 05:48 PM
Discussion San Francisco Model Yacht Club's multi-club Swap Meet craig_c Dock Talk 17 Oct 13, 2009 02:28 AM