HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:20 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
That was great! Is that a Tower Trainer?!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:22 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Daniel kills me. I don't have that much control with the plane on the flight stand!
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:26 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,187 Posts
Karl had one just like it for as long as I have known him and it finally wore out, this is the new one. He is fighting his second surgery on his right shoulder in a year so his stick time has been limited.

http://www.hobbico.com/airplanes/hcaa2020.html

His old one did some many inverted tail touches going down the runway over the years I could not count them all. It made a few dozen inverted landing and never broke the prop.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:59 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,473 Posts
love that plane waldo

must be the cg is too far back, been there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Howdy all been trying to catch up for 2 days here Lots of vids and they are all great, I love RC Videos

No Snowman no vacation just the oposite really been burried all weekend and here at work, we did get to fly Saturday As nothing really stops me from that and so sorry to hear of your uncle. I hope the family is doing well, Now you might need to start building fires for warmth as with all this weight your losing pretty soon the little boys will have nothing to warm up too.

Wayne Yes extra 300 pics of the build are in order here

That was a tough wire act For Vince there Bill

alright I'll try and keep caught up now In order to keep this post down from the size of a dictionary I'll just stop here and say I watched all the vids and loved them all !!! which was a good reason it took over 3 hours and 2 days to catch up LOL

Great Pics and flight reports everyone

glad the fly-ins went well boys

Oh and Plow what Vid was I supposed to be posting I have one from Saturday that was a quick little put together with a great Save by our newest member right on the take off the plane dissappeared andf my good cuz brought out his P-47 with the wheels that wont saty locked straight so here that is anyway.

http://youtu.be/eiiCXZz5VKQ
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:02 PM
Joined Apr 2008
18,473 Posts
wow love that smoke system and how that guy does close to the ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Hey Daniel, have you seen Daniel H lately? It looks like he hasn't stopped improving!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nno5...e_gdata_player
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined Apr 2008
18,473 Posts
I vote this guy wins the knife edge contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
A little Buzzard Field Fun Fly action, Karl and his out of control trainer.

He ends every flight with climbing out of sight high until it runs out of fuel, does a dead stick and 9 out of 10 times he doesnt have to walk far.

https://vimeo.com/49650129
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:07 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
wow love that smoke system and how that guy does close to the ground
You should drive down to Molalla Oregon for the Pacific Coast Freestyle Championship next year. You would live it! This kid won it the last two years but he doesn't walk away with it, there is some stiff competition there. It's a great time!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:49 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Looks good Ron. I have that LT-40 dancin' a jig. I can knife edge it but it is pulling to the canopy so I need to practice with it more. I may put a mix on it.

I will get the Alpha 60 done soon I hope. 91FX with a MACS pipe should have it cookin'.
I can't wait to hear how that 91 runs with the Macs.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:59 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,519 Posts
Guys snowy's right. Summer has passed us by. And even with the heat an the drought it ended up being a pretty good summer. I went to the fly low convention, met Trixie, along with the other 3D staff like Joe Smith and the bone doc, And of course most of all Snowdog. Then I got a chance to hook up acouple times with Alan aka plowboy in Texas. Then the lovely vacation my wife an I took in the UP of Michgan to meet my good friend Snowy.

Now fall is upon us. Gone now are the hot days of summer. Preceed now the the warm days and cool evenings an mornings. Winter is just around the door.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:07 PM
I Just Want to Hover!
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jun 2004
703 Posts
Evolution 58cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Yes, the Evolution engines are Horizon Hobbies/American version of the MVVS engines. Very strong, that plane weighs 19LBS!

I understand those are excellent engines. Keep me posted on your experience with it please.
I've been flying it since 11-20-2008. Started out on a H9 Carden yak.

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...postcount=2643

The only thing I have noticed is the crankshaft has a little bit of play front to back, not side to side. I hear and read this is fairly normal so I am keeping an eye on it. Really great power, easy start and reliable running.

Glad I bought it.
Bill Martins is offline Find More Posts by Bill Martins
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:35 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,407 Posts
Man, what id give to be at the field. Instead I'm on day one of a four day grind to install graphics throughout kansas. It's been rough. The week before I managed to tear my rotator cuff in my right shoulder. Thought i could fight through and limit its use. Then today I manage to rip off half my left thumbnail. Im crippled in both arms. Insult to injury, there were too many graphics in the van to pull the ones i needed out of the pile. So now I get to try and make good time with a u-haul trailer flailing behind the van at 80MPH.

On a side note, I'm in Salina. Anybody need anything from that big ass hobby store that advertises in model aviation?
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:27 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,851 Posts
Howdy all well we lost power around 11pm I just got home from band practice and everything here is dark its a great thing you guys posted some new videos so ill get to watch them on my blackberry right now

Ripped the fuel tank out of my tripe just before practice and thought I'd work on it when I got home to see what's going on with the Zenoah buts tough to see as it is and candle light just isn't enough for these old eyes lol

Wookster bummer on the rotator I did that a few years ago and that's a couple of months of healing to get it back right so the easier you go on it the quicker it will heal to where you don't feel like its bothersom anymore, I was in the middle of building my 2 story castle garage when I did mine and it happened in October well I fought that pain everyday trying to finish it up and we finally got the shingles on and the tyvek wrapped around it by Jan 15 then about 2 months later I was finally healed, but I had no choice in the matter but I wished I stopped abusing my arm right when it happened and I would have probably been pain free by December I was livin on Ibuprohens for almost 6 months not fun and good luck to you.

Yes Wayne if you were talking to me landing in cut corn stalks is rough on any covering lol

Kerwin and snowman summer isn't over until we say its over !!!! Was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor . LoL I am not ready to concede summer yet

Ok off to watch the new vids you guys posted
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:38 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,851 Posts
Fiddle sticks I can't watch the trainer vid on my phone
Ill have to wait until we get power back I want to see the trainer knife edge

I was able to watch the extra roo vid and MAN I have got to get me one of those . That was some awesome flying thanks for posting
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:42 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Now fall is upon us. Gone now are the hot days of summer. Preceed now the the warm days and cool evenings an mornings. Winter is just around the door.
That sux to think about, but indoor season is coming. On a side note, I hear Trixie went AWOL and left the area and the hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
So now I get to try and make good time with a u-haul trailer flailing behind the van at 80MPH.
Drive faster and dont look back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Fiddle sticks I can't watch the trainer vid on my phone
Ill have to wait until we get power back I want to see the trainer knife edge

I was able to watch the extra roo vid and MAN I have got to get me one of those . That was some awesome flying thanks for posting
Here is another from back in 2009 with the original out of control knife edge trainer.
SCRC Knife Edge Trainer (3 min 33 sec)
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:15 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Wow Kerwin, that's a summer to envy!! What a Twisted flying season you've had!

Thanks Bill, didn't realize you'd had that engine so long. That's great!