SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 09, 2012, 12:53 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Hey Kerwin, did you get any of that severe weather yesterday? I see OK and MO were hit pretty hard, even a couple of tornados.

hah, do you know what we call a thunderstorm with a few isolated tornadoes around here? we call it March, April, May, June , July, August, and September. L)
Wookster is online now Find More Posts by Wookster
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 06:11 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
hah, do you know what we call a thunderstorm with a few isolated tornadoes around here? we call it March, April, May, June , July, August, and September. L)
Got it!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 09, 2012, 06:14 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,221 Posts
Lol
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:20 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Guys I may have just created a leccy snowman.
I wouldn't go THAT far.....yes, you've convinced me to purchase two electric aircraft...the Tiger Moth and the 3DHS Edge.......but I think you've aided in the delinquency of a nitro-burner is what you did! Aren't you ashamed!!!

It is the weekend and the gate is locked, so I have no other choice but to fly my non-glow powered airplanes. The temperature in the morning is now in the 40's so I'm curious as to how much that will lessen battery life.

Waldo......my Sig Senior, on her maiden flight, dove into the earth with her wings fluttering to beat the band! I remember it well. I was actually relieved she didn't continue on course otherwise she would have plowed into the row of vehicles owed by all the club members at that time. (Her brand new HydriMax battery failed with one cell actually having a corrosive hole in it upon taking the covering off it.) I still have the parts hoping to rebuild her as I build the Sig Senior kit along side her......copying the parts I need from the kit....Will that work? Are they identical with the exception of the ailerons?

Plow, you will be flying soon? That's awesome!

Wayne, how about some pics of the progress?
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:41 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Wayne, can you make a cowl from wood? Or you could order a new cowl?
I know there are places that can reproduce practically any fiberglass cowl ever made.
It would have to be a custom cowl. The FA-100 is too big and the prop washer is too far out and too low.

I have never built a wood one. My balance is good right now so I son't need nose weight for it.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:57 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
I don't beleive the kadet arf and kit are the same.
Waldo thats ashame about the kadet.
If memory serves me right sig was having the same company that makes planes for nitro planes make them. There was a big stink when they sold a bunch of them to nitro planes.
Now this is just my understanding. And am in now way slaming nitroplanes.
After all I'm looking at the large tigermoth from them.
Of course it's just that, just looking. The hassle of transporting it and assemble is the biggest consideration
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:59 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,922 Posts
Quote:
A tornado touched down in NYC!! How did your gig go?
Yeah I'm sure they were all like in NYC stuff they rarely if ever see, and the rains held off until about 3PM so we had plenty of fun filled flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
but I think you've aided in the delinquency of a nitro-burner is what you did! Aren't you ashamed!!!
Waldo......my Sig Senior, on her maiden flight, dove into the earth with her wings fluttering to beat the band! I still have the parts hoping to rebuild her as I build the Sig Senior kit along side her......copying the parts I need from the kit....Will that work? Are they identical with the exception of the ailerons?
You should be ashamed Kerwin !!! LOL
I'm a little confused Snowman Are you talking about an ARF and the Kit I don't think They are the same but could be Only because I thinnk the ARF versions have a bigger wing but its basically the same plane depending on if you bought a sig knock off or the actual sig, I'm sure most of the parts will match up but I've never had one of the ARF's so I have nothing to really compare them with except a quick visual at the field I'll try and put the wings up next to each other when we have them both there again.

Wayne depending on what you want to do the actual Sig Kadet Is almost using 1/2 - 3/4" balsa for the side cheeks, you basically make a cowl by putting the cheeks on first then sheet or fill in the bottom with 1/8 -1/4" balsa and customize the top to your engine, then sand rounded, its pretty quick and easy depending on what your going for of course.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:05 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
I don't beleive the kadet arf and kit are the same.
Waldo thats ashame about the kadet.
If memory serves me right sig was having the same company that makes planes for nitro planes make them. After all I'm looking at the large tigermoth from them. Of course it's just that, just looking. The hassle of transporting it and assemble is the biggest consideration
Hey Kerwin you slipped that in there and yes I believe your exactly right about the Kadet versions.
The Kadet survived just fine he just needs to re flatten the wing back out and add some real epoxy to a few spots the metal joiner bar may have bent so he needs to fix that too.

The Moth Or most Bipes that are of the older nature have some nice rigging but yes set up can be a little much in ways of a quick setup at the field for sure

Snowman I forgot to mention You were very lucky with the Kadet crash for sure
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:59 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,221 Posts
Uh, I never owned a Kadet......it was the Senior.......or was it the Kadet Senior??? I don't know!
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:03 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Uh, I never owned a Kadet......it was the Senior.......or was it the Kadet Senior??? I don't know!
Maybe both. Mine is a Kadet Senior.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:28 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,283 Posts
No More Nitro Planes Extra 330!
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:35 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
No More Nitro Planes Extra 330!

No video? Never happened!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:38 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,922 Posts
Well the original Sig Kadet was the Kit version Kadet Sr
Then came Mama Kadet with Ailerons still a Kit, Kadet Senioretta
Then Arfs came in just calling it the Senior And theres a whole hoot of Different types now.

Well Heres the answer to wondering if your T_ _ _ T 40 can fly in 25+mph winds and that might be selling it short. Lets just say freakin Windy as All but the T40 flight was the only none walk of shame flight I might add.
And that mini wonder was hauling and if you watch the Kadet with FpV flight note the speed when the FPV screen comes up A KAdet doing 66+ with a 46AX engine is awesome
God we had a blast Is it next Saturday yet
Parking Lot for Planes (18 min 57 sec)
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:39 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,922 Posts
Why DOG Does that mean yours went in
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:47 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Thanks for the video Joe. Looks like ya'll were having fun. I flew my Zijji this afternoon, about 4 batteries. I need to order some new props for it.

I will be starting a build on an 83" flying wing soon. I started the thread for it if anyone wants to play along.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1729124