HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:14 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
No Alan. we had a nice gentle rain. it started around 3 and was over by 5. We really needed it.
We've lost alot of grass this year. This has been the worse drought in years.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:38 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
We've lost alot of grass this year.
But how did the lawns fare?
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:58 AM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
504 Posts
hey all

just checking in. Have been out of town. Haven't flown anything in over a month!! was going to go to the 3DHS Keystone event today, but looking at the weather for today, I'm thinking I'll stay put here. I did get bigger wheels installed on the 60. Can't wait get her up inthe air again. Looks like everyone has been extremely busy with stuff,
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:21 AM
Joined Jan 2005
4,971 Posts
Welcome back Bill! Very few are flying here........folks must have busy lives.

No geese today.........not even a flyover.......well, that's early goose season for ya!
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:58 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
Here you go Snowy
Snow Goose Hunting NW Missouri (10 min 42 sec)
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:28 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
Here's some more infor snowy
http://mdc.mo.gov/
Old Sep 08, 2012, 03:58 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,460 Posts
plow your pm inbox is full

sent today three 921 jr rxs with some satelites

this 2.4 system advertizes 3 miles away so if set up properly your fpv should go at least 1 mile away

cheers david
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 08, 2012, 04:38 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
plow your pm inbox is full

sent today three 921 jr rxs with some satelites

this 2.4 system advertizes 3 miles away so if set up properly your fpv should go at least 1 mile away

cheers david

You are freakin awesome David!!! Now my Twist will definitely fly very soon! Sorry about the inbox, I just deleted some! If I was one of these Gold members I guess that would never happen to me!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 08, 2012, 04:43 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,460 Posts
ya what makes some one like us not gold members
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 08, 2012, 04:48 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Well, I started putting the covering back on the Kadet. I have the bottom done and put transparent red back on the sides. Trying to decide what to do about the cowl. I thought of putting cheeks on it like a trainer. I am also thinking of getting some test flight in first with FA-100 in case there needs to be some changes.

Any suggestions?

I may actually measure the thrust using my fishing scale. I have had that thing about three years and never used it. The FA-100 would probably take a 16x4W?

They just made me a gold one day. Messed up my user interface and I had to put it all back the old way.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Sep 08, 2012, 05:46 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Wayne, can you make a cowl from wood? Or you could order a new cowl?
I know there are places that can reproduce practically any fiberglass cowl ever made.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined Jan 2005
4,971 Posts
I'm holding out for "platinum".....that's where they pay us for being here and give us free rc stuff to test!

Kerwin, thanks for the info and video.....something to consider!

Flew until my eyes couldn't take it any longer........all electric. Had this guy stop and ask what I was looking up at.......I said my airplane.........he didn't believe I had one up that far......got out of his car and came over and asked me to point it out.....he still couldn't see it or hear it and thought I was pulling his leg.........I told him to watch it "materialize" out of thin air......I quickly brought it down to where he could finally see it and he sat there until I was finished for the night and asked question after question. He was truly amazed. Fun stuff.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:26 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,767 Posts
Welcome aboard Shoo I think you'll find this your new home ;D

Snowman that's awesome love to hear that stuff you do way up high and for nice long flight times.

Wayne build a wood cowl it will help add weight to the nose which is usually a thing needed to be done to a Kadet anyway and it doesn't matter what engine you throw on it a Kadet just flys perfectly. Saying that:

ARF kadet warning. We were flying in 25 min to what had to be 35 winds today my cuzs Kadet wing ripped apart in flight but it split on the inside center rib to a wing half NOT where we put the wings together and glued them but the center wing doubler came apart, the wing just vibrated violently and the nice flat wing all of a sudden had a pretty big dihydral he was able to bring it back and land it on the runway all on video

FLIght report
Well you know one story if you read the above bvut we were out there and it had to be gusting near 40 at times very violent winds and even mini twisters in the open freshly cut down corn fields, I was the first to brave the elements with the stick and what a blast then my cuz had a great Kadet flight, then our FPV guy took to the sky with his Kadet and his screen showed he was doing 4 mph upwind at full power and 70 mph downwind wahoooooo
Took the T40 up next and that thing had to be doing 100 at least downwind and then the Wonder all I can say is WOW we thought maybe 130 or better it was cooking and getting throne all over the sky Videos coming soon of all of it.

All in all a fantastic day and probably my 2nd favorite day of the season with the Snowman visit being 1st I love high wind flying and today was one of the best, ive flown in windier conditions but this was pretty fun.

Thanks for the votes guys
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:55 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
great flight report Waldo.
Guys I may have just created a leccy snowman.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 11:49 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Can't wait to see those vids Waldo! I was worried you may have gotten rained out with that front that passed through your area! A tornado touched down in NYC!! How did your gig go?