HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:59 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post

I have a Slow Stick Snowman. I use it for aerial video and flying through trees.
Well, you beat me to it....even though this is a Yard Stik........they're pretty much the same thing. I just got back from flying it at the ball field and thought that it would make a good video platform since I flew it under power for 23 minutes on one 1300 mah battery. I'm convinced that if you want more than 4 minutes on a leccy.....you have go light, have a very light wing loading, and as big a battery as you can carry........you won't be performing 3D, but you'll at least get some reasonable stick time. What type of video equipment do you use on your Slow Stick, Wayne?

Nate, take care....sometimes life brings you in another direction, just remember this is a great place to come back to.

Waldo......are you flying this weekend? .....and who said you can't spin a yarn?

Plow, I look forward to hearing about your Sabre's maiden flight.
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:54 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1 Posts
New at this post, guys. But I've got a T____T question. I've got a Saito 62 4cycle that has seen two other planes. It works really great. What do you think about using it on a 40 T___T, Version 2? Would it have enough power to do good harrier and unlimited vertical? I think so, but the T___T weighs a little more than the last plane I had it on (knocked the nose off w/ a little damage to the wing). I had a T____T a few years ago, but the 2 cycle I had on it liked to stall when I hit the throttle. No adjustment seemed to fix it. The engine stalled while too close to the ground and took out the plane.

Thanks, JohnnyB
JohnnyB59 is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyB59
Old Sep 07, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,438 Posts
Hey JohnnyB.........Give the engine a try.....save yourself some $$$........if you don't like it put something else in it. I would think that it doesn't have the unlimited vertical based on the size of the engine alone. Good luck......let us know how it works for ya......and videos are always welcome!
Old Sep 07, 2012, 02:53 PM
Pawnee, OK
Joined Jun 2008
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB59 View Post
New at this post, guys. But I've got a T____T question. I've got a Saito 62 4cycle that has seen two other planes. It works really great. What do you think about using it on a 40 T___T, Version 2? Would it have enough power to do good harrier and unlimited vertical? I think so, but the T___T weighs a little more than the last plane I had it on (knocked the nose off w/ a little damage to the wing). I had a T____T a few years ago, but the 2 cycle I had on it liked to stall when I hit the throttle. No adjustment seemed to fix it. The engine stalled while too close to the ground and took out the plane.

Thanks, JohnnyB

It probly won't have the unlimited vertical, but should do almost any thing else. It's always worth a try, mine was a lot of fun with a ST 40.
buckskin is offline Find More Posts by buckskin
Old Sep 07, 2012, 02:53 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Johnny, welcome!! I agree with snowman, you probably won't have enough for unlimited verticle or enough to pull out of a hover, but it's enough to fly the plane and make it a lot of fun. What prop does that engine usually like the best?
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 07, 2012, 02:54 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Hey buckskin!! Lol Slipped that in there!!
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:04 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,438 Posts
Plow, he slipped in and slipped out without so much as a how-do-ya-do!

The Yard Stik was hanging around the bottom of some low-hanging clouds a few minutes ago........three batteries gave me a full hour's worth. I have never been so impressed by a rudder/elevator controlled aircraft as I am with this one. The plane will actually pivot off the horizontal stabilizer when I punch the throttle and be airborne...absolutely no run out on takeoff. I only have Hitec HS55's for servos and the control surfaces are huge so I'm not demanding the most out of her, but she is a joy to fly. The winds are at least 10-12mph, but not a problem....she also has an unbelievable climb rate. I'm going to order a few of these just to have on hand they are that much fun......the only plane that comes close is the T_ _ _ t.

On another note......it appears that I'm the only one flying????? What gives?
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:16 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Waldo......are you flying this weekend?
Plow, I look forward to hearing about your Sabre's maiden flight.
Hey Snowman Yes We are flying hopefully the HUGE storm we are supposed to get will hold off until the afternoon But Were goig anyway T_ _ _ T ultra stick and wonder are all in the garage waiting to go, We have a gig tonight so I have to wait to get back home at 4am to throw them in the van and then up at 7am and to the field Man you are having a great time with teh yard stick and very impressive flght times I might add, thats just awesome!!! keep em high

Welcome Johnny859 I'm sure you'll have a blast with the engine an plane combo but as the others say Possibly not unlimeted vertical,, But hey give it a try and let us know.

FAVOR to ask
We are entered in the battle of the bands for SPAC (Saratoga Performing arts Center) so we need votes to be considered to compete the highest votes get in automatically then 9 other bands will be picked Here is the link if you get a chance Vote for Overture... http://www.spac.org/getcloser/2012/0...-bands-is-back Have a great evening all and happy flying
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:23 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
I voted Waldo, but I must say I was tempted to vote for the Spliffsters, just because I like the name!! Lol
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:38 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,438 Posts
I voted for your band Waldo......hope ya win.

Opening night for "The Mikado" at the Calumet Theater, too. I've got my favorite seat reserved and I'm looking forward to sitting back and enjoying the show.

Goose hunting in the morning, flying in the afternoon, goose hunting in the evening.....same ol routine!
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:51 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Waldo you got my vote.

Snowy what a life of leisure. I really need to work on that myself, Though I'm getting close.

Johnny fire that twist up you never can tell it just may hover. I know it you have 45 degree deflections on the rudder it'll flatspin., as well as do some awsome lomchavaks and yes it'll twist.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:08 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Did anyone else notice that once again we were honored with having a poster's first post be on this thread?! Thanks JohnnyB59!!!

I wonder how many times that has happened throughout the different incarnations of this thread?
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:17 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,438 Posts
And an Electronics Engineer to boot! He ought to fit right in......course if he gets to know us he just might want to stay away! lol

Kerwin......I'm telling you.....you should be ordering a Yard Stik........they are a BLAST!
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:51 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB59 View Post

Thanks, JohnnyB
I think you will be able to enjoy some sport flying. I don't think you are going to get a lot of 3D stuff out of it. I flew the 40 with a Saito .82 for reference. The 2 stroke guys here prefer a .61.

Enjoy.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Sep 07, 2012, 07:35 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Yeah with Wayne, Johnny and I thats three electronic guru's
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50