HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:56 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,460 Posts
Well guys it looks like we got two to convert, Waldo an Wayne.
Now Waldo if I had not done my research, ask alot of questions I could of made a terrible mistake buying a tower hobbies engine for my twist. But instead I asked questions an you guys convinced me into getting an OS 61. Which turned around to be a very good decision.
well it's the same way in the leccy world. Reseach research research.
I done a fair amount of research when I got my park flyers. I am very happy with them
And they've give me alot of fun and flying time when packing up and heading to the field was not an option.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:57 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,460 Posts
David you snuck that in on me.
I remeber those videos they're great.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 06:02 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,068 Posts
twist 40 with 46ax most fun I ever had in this hobby

just love that plane more than any other I tried out before

thanks kerwin

just got to love the twist
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Sep 06, 2012, 06:11 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,148 Posts
Well, I think I am pretty well versed in the electrics. Most of electrics make me feel like I am playing with toys. My liquid fuel engine planes feel like planes, more authentic. That ain't going to change.

Kadet wing repaired, tuned up an ASP .61 2stk for a guy today, test ran both of my Saito .82 engines - one was on the Kadet and went in nose first, and started working on an old MAX-H OS 40. Anyone know anything about those?
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:01 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,426 Posts
Thanks David22! I've got my skis all ready for this winter!!!

Salsa, salsa, and more salsa.........that's what you eat when you have an over abundance of tomatoes! The batch I made tonight will sing again tomorrow!

Kerwin, you need a Yard Stik set up!!! You'd love it!!! So would any one of y'all......even Wayne would get a kick out of it! (I know, and I agree with you, fuel is better!)

Plow, when you going flying next?

Waldo........are you done for the year now?
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:02 PM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Hey Eric!!! (wave)
How are you liking your new career? What's going on with you and your car? Still improving lap times? What are you flying these days, still have the Cub and the gas heli?
Yeah, it's been going really well. Trying to save money for a house, get married, go like hell at the new job, and build a race car all at the same time. Unfortunately, that means the r/c stuff has taken a back shelf. I plan on racing during the winter but haven't really flown much. The Decathlon is on the bench but hasn't got much love recently. Need to do something about that... Sold the cub actually. Ran out of room for the Decathlon so something had to go. The gas heli will probably be around forever. Still has a Spektrum receiver on it.

Speaking of which, anyone need a JR R921? Not DSMX; but it came with my X9503 that I wound up selling. Never has been in an airplane or had power hooked up. I assume it works. I also have the old one on my gas heli too. Need to get rid of both of those. If anyone knows anyone...

The little Miata has been tearing it up. Our club puts on an autocross for the blacktop nationals; this big car-based party in downtown WIchita, Ks. Our site is just outside the city limits, but we had 115 total entries this year. I finished 6th. My normal competition, who I SHOULD be as fast as, was the fastest guy all day; by about half a second. Quite a bit of a margin on a 30-second course. It's a lot of fun!

Waldo, everyone, howdy! It's been a while. I haven't had the thread open recently like normal so I've missed quite a bit I'm sure. Too busy/lazy to catch all the way up.

Snowman, I just saw your post after realizing I haven't checked back with you guys for like ... a while now, and figured I'd jump in by giving you a hard time. I'll experience it one time and have the hilarious image of myself glued to an airplane trying to not break it or myself. One day...

-Eric
rccardude04 is offline Find More Posts by rccardude04
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:50 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,251 Posts
Thanks David!! No worries bro! And thanks for posting those vids again!

Eric, I'm looking for some receivers that I can use with my Spektrum DX 7, so I would be interested in yours. Shoot me a PM!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:53 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,251 Posts
Snowman, I finally took my new Sabre out of the box and put it on the table. That was a week ago, and all I've done is glue the wing and h-stab on her. I should reall get on it before the wife starts complaining!! Maybe I'll get it done by Sunday.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:35 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
started working on an old MAX-H OS 40. Anyone know anything about those?
What do you need to know Wayne I may even have a few of those lying around actually, Been making spare parts out of a few of them so I'm glad I've kept them, I'll double check to make sure they are the same as your working on

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Waldo........are you done for the year now?
why would you even think that on me are you trying to have snow dump on us in September LOL Good Lord LOL We have been able to fly right into December the last 3 years so were hoping for that again this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Snowman, I finally took my new Sabre out of the box and put it on the table. That was a week ago, and all I've done is glue the wing and h-stab on her. I should reall get on it before the wife starts complaining!! Maybe I'll get it done by Sunday.
Go Plow GO !!! Get-r-done

Kerwin LOL I once wrote a story I won't go into the full story but the opening part was something like this,,, Warning this is not even close to the caliber of our Wordsmith Snowman lol

It was a peaceful early Saturday Morn with birds and crickets chirping and the Sun just starting to peak over the Hills and illuminate the acres of desolite cornfields, as one gazed around the open fields you couldn't help but notice a T_ _ _ T with her OS 61 purring like a kitten gleaming in her Yellow and Purple colors anticipating when she could roll out down the freshly cut runway and soar into the sky, the pilot picks up his little black box and pushes the throttle stick slighty forward and she rolls out and lifts gently into the blue sky with just a slight steady murmer, as it soars away the sound growing even more distant until there is no sound at all, then the pilot eases the stick to full power and a slight murmer becomes apparent again and then in a second VRAWWWWWOOOOOOOMMMMM
A yellow flash and the roar of the OS61FX just woke up the dead and cimbed straight up into the sky until it was a dot leaving behind it the lightly white exhaust trail permiating the flight line with the first morning smell of nitro

This is something A Leccy can never give me lol

I'm sure as soon as we move from this place money won't be so tight and I'll be able to buy things again without wondering when my next purchase will be so for now I have to (and want to) remain a Fuel driven Spirit lol
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:42 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,634 Posts
Guys, I have really been under a lot of stress lately. I think I am going to hang up the RC forum obsession for a while. I need to check out and focus on my studies and career objectives. I'm sure I'll pop in once in a while but you can already tell my posting activity has died down substantially. I think it is best if I just bow out for a while.

I'll talk to all of you when I have a chance to put my head up from everything that is going on with my Master of Accountancy program and recruiting activities.

Peace,

Nate
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:00 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Guys, I have really been under a lot of stress lately. I think I am going to hang up the RC forum obsession for a while. I need to check out and focus on my studies and career objectives. I'm sure I'll pop in once in a while but you can already tell my posting activity has died down substantially. I think it is best if I just bow out for a while.

I'll talk to all of you when I have a chance to put my head up from everything that is going on with my Master of Accountancy program and recruiting activities.

Peace,

Nate

You're a good man Nate. You do what's best for your family. I think I can speak for everyone here when I say we support you 100%. I had to take a break myself a while ago, in fact I doubt that I will dedicate the kind of time that I used to for a long time to come, if ever.
Good luck with your studies, but remember to take some time for yourself once in a while.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:19 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,460 Posts
Good luck nate my friend
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:19 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,460 Posts
Waldo I love that story, keepem coming.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:20 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,527 Posts
Nate you know we are with you as plow said we will miss your posts for sure but you know where you can find some brotherly advice or just some good BS when ou need it, good luck and we'll be here for you.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:23 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,148 Posts
Chillin' is good Nate. I take a pause for the cause occasionally too.

I have a Slow Stick Snowman. I use it for aerial video and flying through trees.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia