SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:46 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,246 Posts
Sounds like every other day I am building something, typically anyone with in ear shot would hear something like "how the heck did that ...... why did it do that...... oh now, who can I blame this one..... Fricken Cat!..... who knew <shrug>..... oh no, I planned it that way..... "
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 06:12 AM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
Snowman, you weenie. I've CA'd myself with accelerator to many sticks of wood and fibrous velcroes. Ne'er 'fore have i needed debonder. Just roll the finger off the surface. The tensile strength of skin tends to be stronger than the peeling strength of CA I've found.

Oh yeah, hi everybody!

-Eric
rccardude04 is offline Find More Posts by rccardude04
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:15 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,524 Posts
DOG you left out it must be powered by electric motor

Welcome to Park Pilot

Öand to the exciting world of Radio Control (RC) model aviation. On this Web site is information, tips, and reviews that will help you to have hundreds of hours of fun and enjoyment with your new model.

What is a park flyer model?

The AMA currently defines a park flyer as a model weighing less than 2 pounds that is incapable of reaching speeds of faster than 60 mph. It must use electric power for propulsion, be remotely controlled or flown with a control line, and remain within the pilotís line of sight at all times.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:20 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,524 Posts
Snowy don't tell me you got into momma nail polish remover. Is that parkflyer akk ready to go now. I'm expecting a full flight report.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:08 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Thanks Waldo, but THAT'S RIGHT, YOU DID OWN A LECCY BEFORE ME! So pal 'o mine don't go talking smack...you have your own leccy in the closet! feel the burn (every time you realize you spent "HOW MUCH!!" on this leccy stuff)
I did feel the burn which is why I don't buy anymore leccy stuff LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Yes waldo give into the dark side young Wadlo feel the leccy inside you
The only leccy inside me short circuited out with a puff a smoke to follow oh wait maybe that was my brain and who the heck is WAD-LO ROTFLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Sleep didn't come easy last night thin CA and insomnia undermined that notion!
ROTFLOL I can imagine you wandering the house all quietly in the darkness of night with a plane glued to you as you carefully maneuver through doorways and halls around stationary shadowed objects bent over with a plane and your arm sticking straight up as you search feverishly one handed through a cabinet to only stand and turn and see your family all standing behind you with their suppressed giggles waiting to errupt into a burst of laughter

Well I have bonded many body parts over the years with medium CA lol once I soused a good amount onto a fire wall then got into position with my arms resting on the cardboard fold out work table and the puddle of zap trickled down the front of the fuse and found its way to form a nice puddle under my forearm on the table, so I waited patiently for about 6 - 7 minutes for the bond to cure on the fire wall as I rested in position not to move anything during the curing, and when I stood up the whole table came up with me and ripped the flesh off the underside of my forearm about a good 3 inch ovalish rasberry of fresh underlying skin was left on my sizzling arm, with the newly skin covered patch on the table definietly my most painfull zap experience. lol maybe it was all the Zap fumes that had me in a trans and not paying attention maybe it was other influences lol as it was in the early 70's but rest assured when zapping,,, my arms or any part of me is no longer in contact with the work surface... lesson well learned that day Now I'm much wiser and only glue my fingertips which is actually a great help forming little plastic caps on the the tips for smooth easy guitar playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Sounds like every other day I am building something, typically anyone with in ear shot would hear something like "how the heck did that ...... why did it do that...... oh now, who can I blame this one..... Fricken Cat!..... who knew <shrug>..... oh no, I planned it that way..... "
Thats hillarious ROTFLOL "freaken cat!!"
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:12 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post

The AMA currently defines a park flyer as a model weighing less than 2 pounds that is incapable of reaching speeds of faster than 60 mph. It must use electric power for propulsion, be remotely controlled or flown with a control line, and remain within the pilotís line of sight at all times.
See, that proves a park flyer is a leccy!
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:25 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,502 Posts
they should implement a pardon system for baned members.

without a doubt the moderators or owners have buddies on rc groups, which as an example get excessive advertizing

some get the short end of a stick, but do break the rules

its really dry here in vancouver, so no flying for me as I am paranoid about possability of starting a fire

will hopefully go the beach this weekend and fly over water and chase some boats around

the president of a rc club told me new rules means the fiald is back to its large size and we can fly our large planes again, as log as not too far towards some guy who complains house.

i ordered the ezstar 2 with ailerons the other day

twist 40 still looking at me wanting to fly

time goes by too fast

soon it will be time to try out the cub 60 and snow skiis

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:25 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Hey Eric!!! (wave)
How are you liking your new career? What's going on with you and your car? Still improving lap times? What are you flying these days, still have the Cub and the gas heli?

That image of snowman and the little plane, along with the image of a 70's Waldo sitting there for seven minutes as his arms adhere to his table are both cracking me up big time!! Thanks for that!!

You know, I do miss flying my little foamy! I need to work on that!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:01 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardude04 View Post
Snowman, you weenie. I've CA'd myself with accelerator to many sticks of wood and fibrous velcroes. Ne'er 'fore have i needed debonder. Just roll the finger off the surface. The tensile strength of skin tends to be stronger than the peeling strength of CA I've found.
-Eric
Younger skin like yours is still held on well by underlying structures......mine.....callused, dry, and old not so much.......I know, the last time I tried it...it took the skin off the end of my finger......right there on the most sensitive spot!!! Hi back at cha!

David22.....I would love to watch a video of you flying your T_ _ _ t....just for old times sake!!

If you look closely at the enclosed pictures, you'll see that something has changed on the Yard Stik. I've gone from one extreme to the next in terms of power!
Improved Yard Stik fight report: The winds were still blowing around 6-8 mph this morning when I arrived at the ball field. I brought my Dirty Birdie and set up the table to fly some nitro, but I had to fly this bird first. I had to mount the 1300 mah battery on the back of her between her wings to get things to balance out. If you look at the pics you can see the ribbon that's glued to the spar. (Yes, my finger was firmly glued there as well!) Anyway.....I had a GWS 9x4.7 on her so I put her on the ground performed the radio check and eased the throttle forward.....apparently not slow enough cause this thing bolted.....NO....I mean vaporized......it was like "Beam me up Scottie".....that plane was gone! I was so shocked I forgot to breathe.....I regained my composure and throttled her back........to like as low as you can before it shuts the damn thing off!!! This thing accelerates faster than anything electric I've ever owned.......including my brushless Zagi XS! If I pull up hard on the elevator, without power, to stall it and then punch it.....she just is out of sight in the blink of an eye! Do I have enough exclamation marks yet!!!!!???? I hit the new-fangled timer switch on the Aurora and I flew that half-charged battery for 13 minutes. I connected another battery and BOOM.......she was outta there! Beep, beep, zip, tang.........I almost got whiplash from moving my head so fast! What a riot! The wings make this buzzing sound, at full throttle, that makes me think that they're going to be ripped from their sockets at any minute.......so I don't do that much. Dead stick this plane and she floats very well......not as much as last night, cause she' much heavier, but she not porpoising at all and can take forever to get down to eye level. My second battery lasted 17 minutes, my third 19, and fourth 17.........not bad at all! She could punch through 30 mph winds without hesitation either.....The motor draws 137 watts at full power and stays cool......as does the battery and ESC. I broke the prop on a hard landing.....(I used too thin wire, cause I thought it was going to lighter and it fit the wheels, but it's almost too thin to do a good job)....so I replaced it with a 10x4.7 .....all I can say is WOW! I'm going to have to find someone to video this cause you just won't believe it! Take a look at this plane..... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEXK1&P=7 the motor generates over 26oz of thrust! It's fricken awesome!!!! It has far surpassed the Tiger Moth as far as the fun factor is concerned, but then again.......it's new to me....
I'm kinda bummed by the poor battery life in the Aurora radio though........I'm down to half battery in just over an hour of flying! My Futaba 6EXA can fly all day!! What's up with that? (I started with it fully charged!) It's an excellent radio otherwise......way too sophisticated for the likes of me, but I'll learn.
Have a great day......I know I'm going to! (Heck, my wife's dog could die and I'd still have a smile on my face after this morning!)

P.s.......check out the bow in the landing gear wire in the first pic! P.s.s.....the duck tape on top of the wings is to ensure they don't get blown from their sockets!!!! Ugly, but effective! Pssssssssssssss.........you got a flat!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Last edited by snowman; Sep 06, 2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:27 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,895 Posts
Wow Snowman I do want to see a video of that no not of you parading around with a plane glued to your finger, but the flight of your speed leccy Glad you having such a fun time with it.

David lets be gettin back on the sticks and get some fresh vids for us time is not an issue if you want it oh,, and if the wife says its ok

RC great to hear from you again

Glad we can amuse with pain and destruction Plow and lets be getting some fresh Plowboy Vids up here again too
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:52 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
DOG you left out it must be powered by electric motor

I did?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
I
Thats hillarious ROTFLOL "freaken cat!!"
Well.... I have a 17 year old cat that causes many build table debocals now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
See, that proves a park flyer is a leccy!
It made me happy to post something that Wayne agreed with.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 06, 2012, 04:46 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I agree with almost everything.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:37 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Does that mean you're agreeable?
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:37 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Well, not that electric power is better than liquid fuel. Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope.

And if you will look at the posts for the past month, so much for the reliable argument.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:50 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,502 Posts
[QUOTE=snowman;22657408]
David22.....I would love to watch a video of you flying your T_ _ _ t....just for old times sake!!

QUOTE]

two of my most precious rc experiences ever with this hobby was with twist40

water was kind of like almost my pants, and them big grin on face for a long time video, cool song as well

twist 40 maiden with floats, cg way way back lol, getting ready for fpv (1 min 46 sec)

snow was the funnest ever time i had in this hobby, and if it were not for snowman i would of never put skiis on my twist 40, edit and be able to spell "twist 40" in the snow and the end of the video lol waldo

this was cool video because i really beat the out of my twist 40 and she still came in to land with just one ski

Let it snow, let it fly _ Twist 40. Santa's new airplane this is cool really cool lol (6 min 45 sec)

Twist 40 dive bomb into snow (0 min 49 sec)

one i wish i could find on the computer is when i took twist 40 out about 6 km away and back that was cool video because you can dive bomb twist 40 and 46ax and land in tight spot

plow rxs will be mailed this weekend, sorry but too busy to get to post office
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Last edited by David22; Sep 06, 2012 at 05:59 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)