SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:17 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Anybody have a Spektrum or Orange receiver they want to get rid of?
Pm me your mailing address
I got some 921 and other rx's you might want for free

I will send you a early b day present

Thanks for the help as well as a cool thread plow
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:02 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I have a friend with an AR7000 he wants to sell for $50.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:55 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
David, PM sent!! Thanks.

Wayne, what do you think, is that a good price?
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 02, 2012, 07:15 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
David, PM sent!! Thanks.

Wayne, what do you think, is that a good price?
I think it is a fair price. I see them going for $50 to $85 or more. His has the remote.

That said, I am not a Spektrum guru.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 07:16 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
If anyone is interested in this Airtronics stuff with the reversed power and ground, you can have it for shipping cost.

Three or four servos and a power switch.
Last edited by waynemia; Sep 02, 2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 07:16 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I think it is a fair price. I see them going for $50 to $85 or more. His has the remote.

That said, I am not a Spektrum guru.
With a Satalite that is not a bad price, I gave near 100 for my last one.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:05 PM
I Just Want to Hover!
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jun 2004
703 Posts
Viton price

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
$10/foot Bill?

Do you know anything about the shore B?
Wayne, it's $3.97/ft. at McMaster-Carr. You may have looked at the wrong part no.

Haven't heard of shore B
Bill Martins is offline Find More Posts by Bill Martins
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:58 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,407 Posts
Bahh, the twist is being persinickity. Need a little advice here. In all the planes I have I mount my lead weight inside the cowl area near the engine mount. I have tried the same with the twist along the two pieces of balse in the nose. This damn 60.NX shakes them loose regardless of what I ashere it with. The motor at idle literally shakes 1/4 of an inch side to side. The motor is double visiond from the vibes. I need a good way to glue these weights down. At this point i'm afraid the EPA is going to fine me for all the lead I've thrown into the park.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Sep 03, 2012, 04:59 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,522 Posts
Well I did go flying yesterday for just a bit.
I was feeling a little down, but my buddy dan miles called and ask me to come fly with him as he was the only one flying. We had another buddy out there but he still didn't have his twist up an going yet. Seems he needs a TX battery an RX.
The only plane I had ready to go on a moments notice is my little Edge, and I only had four batteries for it..
One of the batteries I got from value hobby is bad. I don't know if they'll replace it. I bought it in mid july and she arrived a few days before I crashed the edge. So I never got to use it and it just sat. Seems I can't get one cell to come up.

Anyways I got out to the field about 6ish and immedately put the little Edge up. Now every plane is different even though is the same model. I started working on my KE spins. I was having hard time that is until I went the other way with the rudder. She likes it best going vertical, full down elev, Full right rudder and a touch of right aileron. Then move the aileron to find the sweet spot.
For my flat spins I found that I had to add throttle after going vertical chopping the throttle. full left rudder and full up elevator , and vice versa for the inverted flat spin.
She seems to like the upright flat spin alittle better.
I did get a chance to work with Dan Miles on his outside loop.
He was flying a H-9 ultra stik. His elev throw in the down was some what limited making that manuver alittle hard for him to do. There was also a little nervousness giving a plane down elevator for him as he's a novice pilot.
Still he's coming along quite well. He even managed to KE a balsa usa stick.
I had a battery peter out on me so I'm down to 4 batt's on the little Edge.
Boy I sure can tell the difference in a new battery over the older ones. It really show up in my waterfalls.

Ok guys now that we've got snowy hooked on leccys now we just need to work on ole Waldo.
Waldo it's time for you to come out of the closet. After all you do own a leccy.
Yessome of you boys are convincing me I'm a leccy flyer.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:11 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Waldo I know you are joking but there is no way you would be able to get the power/weight ratio to fly 3d on one of those small glow engines.
I' not joking LOL But I am ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
Anyone ever calculate actual flying time for a rc plane versus the time spent thinking about and actual building a plane
Can't say I have and I'm sure My building rate is much higher than my flying rate as I only get to fly once a week normally and then were shut off in the winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Thanks for the link Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Ok guys now that we've got snowy hooked on leccys now we just need to work on ole Waldo.
Waldo it's time for you to come out of the closet. After all you do own a leccy.
ROTFLOL Never gonna happen my friend unless they stop selling nitro to me,
Been a fuel guy for 42 years now Not that I don't like leccys I love anything in the RC world especially in the flying catagory, But my money is extremely limited and If I'm buying something Its going to be something LOUD lol I have 3 idle planes that stare at me with HATE all ready to fly but are in need of engines, so thats the 1st order of business. and all because I bought Cheapo engines for them thinking I would give them a chance, All my OS engines have been fine although I think I over heated my OS 91 cause I can't get that thing Hummin right ever since the throttle body for the HSN unscrewed and fell out in flight once. but ran perfectly up to that point, And thats the engine on my New edge That I haven't been able to get crazy with yet..
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:34 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,522 Posts
Waldo you may need to pull her apart.
Well guys here's my video of my labor morning flight. Please forgive my video but I'm still learning the camera
labor day flight 1 (5 min 3 sec)

I have another one coming
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:57 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Love that landing Kerwin!! Lol
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:38 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
Bahh, the twist is being persinickity. Need a little advice here. In all the planes I have I mount my lead weight inside the cowl area near the engine mount. I have tried the same with the twist along the two pieces of balse in the nose. This damn 60.NX shakes them loose regardless of what I ashere it with. The motor at idle literally shakes 1/4 of an inch side to side. The motor is double visiond from the vibes. I need a good way to glue these weights down. At this point i'm afraid the EPA is going to fine me for all the lead I've thrown into the park.
Can you move the engine out further on the rails instead if adding weight? If that doesn't work then perhaps a Heavy Hub prop nut is in order. Where exactly is your CG?
As for vibration, are you idled too low? Is your prop balanced? Is your engine mount tight?
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:01 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,119 Posts
Nature's bounty!

Terrible storm this morning on the water...thunder and lightening that would have make Tchaikovsky green with envy .....and with that....no geese were taking off from their normal spot. Ok, so the storm passes and after we bail half the sky that fell into our boat for the past hour and a half.....we motor-up and start moving downriver to the mouth. Well wouldn't you know it......this small group of geese nearly fly over our head while we're under way and land 40 yards away! We motored closer and the motorman cut the engine and we coasted even closer. With the motor now off, we could load our guns and wait for the boat to drift in the direction of our quarry. Finally this group of vision and hearing impaired geese get the sense that something is up and start to move........the motorman was behind me and ordered me to "open up" which I happily agreed. Two head shots brought immediate success and the final round in my gun finished off the goose wounded by the motorman, who was happy to effect the damage he did...being that he was 13-14 feet behind me and that much more out of range. Digger, the block-headed black lab, leaped from the boat on command and brought home our prize one at a time. "Funting" is what the motorman called that variety of hunting. Soaked to the bone.......I took my two geese home, kissed my wife and wished her a happy 45th birthday, and jumped into a warm shower! Out for a birthday lunch, then go fly some more..........then end the day hunting! I believe they call this "The Life of Riley"!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:36 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Tis good to be the Snowy one today!!
Live it up my friend!!