SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 01, 2012, 12:11 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Snowy you snuck that in on me. Watch those young girls, or your goose will be cooked.
I try to tell you again an again parkflyers are not leccy's
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2012, 12:12 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
I have to agree wholeheartedly with Wayne and I have proof. If you look at the included picture you'll see that the top two rows of batteries gave me 52 minutes combined flying time on the Edge and 260, while the bottom row of batteries gave me 83 minutes! The top two rows cost over $200, while the bottom row cost me a little over $20.
But....... If you flew the 3DHS plane and just floated about like the tiger moth does, dont you think the flight time would be longer... I mean it is hard to not run the snot out of something that has the power, but seems the apples and oranges are not getting the same play?
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 01, 2012, 12:15 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Hey Wayne, how can I change a gear set in a digital, metal gear servo (non programmable type) and not lose the current settings?
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 01, 2012, 12:22 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Hey Wayne, how can I change a gear set in a digital, metal gear servo (non programmable type) and not lose the current settings?
Just take the old ones out and put the new ones in.

Here is a little 411 video I did on digital servos.

A Look at a Digital Servo (9 min 40 sec)
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Sep 01, 2012, 12:40 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Yes, I remember that video! Very informative. I am just trying to be lazy and avoid having to remember how to adjust my Smartfly! It's been a while!! Thanks for reposting the video.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 12:42 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
And yes, I am seriously too lazy to go get the manual out are refresh my memory!! How pathetic is that??!!
Old Sep 01, 2012, 12:45 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Yes, I remember that video! Very informative. I am just trying to be lazy and avoid having to remember how to adjust my Smartfly! It's been a while!! Thanks for reposting the video.
I don't think you will see much if any difference. Did you use an EQ6?

How did you lose a servo?
Old Sep 01, 2012, 01:02 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
But....... If you flew the 3DHS plane and just floated about like the tiger moth does, dont you think the flight time would be longer... I mean it is hard to not run the snot out of something that has the power, but seems the apples and oranges are not getting the same play?
Yes DOG......they would last longer, but why buy a 3D plane if you're not going to fly the snot out of it??? When I"m T_ _ _ting.......it's balls to the walls until I'm empty.......about 20+ minutes for 11 oz of fuel.
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Sep 01, 2012, 01:04 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Who would get a highly acrobatic plane and just fly easy stuff so you can fly longer?

Nay I say! Put a REAL engine on and fully enjoy the plane. Don't settle for power systems that have you spending as much time changing and charging batteries as you do flying.
Last edited by waynemia; Sep 01, 2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 01:19 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Snowy you snuck that in on me. Watch those young girls, or your goose will be cooked.
I try to tell you again an again parkflyers are not leccy's
We seem to have some confusion on what is or isn't a leccy.

If the vehicle's primary propulsion is derived from a device that converts electron flow into mechanical energy, it is a leccy.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 01:28 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
And yes, I am seriously too lazy to go get the manual out are refresh my memory!! How pathetic is that??!!
Here is the manual so you don't have to look for it.

http://www.smart-fly.com/Products/Po...%20Rev%20A.pdf
Old Sep 01, 2012, 02:05 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
O no I can't beleive it DOG. Snowy becarful how you slam H-9.
DOG you know the rules ( There is no off topic)
I love my 30ccer. It's the perfect size and it's cheaper than the larger ones.
Well Issac has not taken the project path and is srill haning around.
Mainly wind now. It's killing my maiden.
Yeah, Isaac has messed me up for today as well...winds 15-20, rain, and generally not fun weather for flying. So I'm in the house working on websites including the "website that must not be named", for which I'm the webmaster oohh I shouldn't have said that, I might get mahderatur points for that.

The good news for me is that it looks like I'm gonna be able to swing getting a Mintor 33 for my 71" Slick soon...already have servos...gonna start building it soon. Today, I'm just all juiced up (with my electrics and my Twist 60) with no where to go. Monday looks to be a super awesome flying day...stay tuned!!

p.s. I echo Nate's comment that this forum is more than welcome on the "other" forum site. PM me for details if interested.

p.s.s. I just spent the last week (evenings) working on Gino's website, http://www.trimcraftaviationrc.com, so if you need any hardware, please give him a visit and support a fellow RC'er. Feedback on the new site (look, feel, performance, etc.) is also appreciated.
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Sep 01, 2012, 02:19 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Who would get a highly acrobatic plane and just fly easy stuff so you can fly longer?
Just sayin ... I know there are some VERY large High Wing Tele's and Kadets and such on electric that get some LONG flights. Charging is a hassle but with a Paraboard it almost becomes easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
We seem to have some confusion on what is or isn't a leccy.
If the vehicle's primary propulsion is derived from a device that converts electron flow into mechanical energy, it is a leccy..
Yeah Kerwin.... I am afraid Park Flyers were some of the original Out Runner Leccys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
p.s.s. I just spent the last week (evenings) working on Gino's website, http://www.trimcraftaviationrc.com, so if you need any hardware, please give him a visit and support a fellow RC'er. Feedback on the new site (look, feel, performance, etc.) is also appreciated.
We like Gino... If you talk to him, ask him if he can send over a few flyers, maybe a door prize bag and we can amp up some advertising for him at the FLI event.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 02:44 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
I don't know the guy, but I'd be more than happy to be a test pilot for him!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Sep 01, 2012, 02:49 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,329 Posts
For Bob