Old Sep 01, 2012, 07:56 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlw36 View Post
I'm at work, Vampire shift lol
Ah... I was up 5:30 my time <not really awake> and I was thinking its fricken EARLY on your side of the rock
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:20 AM
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
286 Posts
main reason it's taken over a year to get my sbach finished. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it lol
Outlw36 is offline Find More Posts by Outlw36
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:30 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
Quote:
main reason it's taken over a year to get my sbach finished. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it lol
Dont feel bad... I have to get the Extra SHP done this weekend, its been on the bench all season. Which SBach did you get?
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:33 AM
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
286 Posts
30cc sbach 342 slipstream
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:36 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
Quote:
30cc sbach 342 slipstream
Nice.... 30CC is a nice size gasser, sort of wish I had done that instead of the 50CC but i am in it now.

Those SBachs are quick
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:42 AM
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
286 Posts
almost bought a da50 a few hours ago lol. I think somebody broke in my shop and sabotaged me though. I loaded the sbach in the truck and was gonna finish it here at work. got some crucial screws missing from the boxes they were in lol.
Of course I have no sizes for em so can't order em online and getting to a hardware store while it's open is a pain lol
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:08 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,435 Posts
Well, this morning's hunt was a bust! The geese didn't fly anywhere near us, but aside from getting up so early.......cruising in a boat while it's dark and then watching the sun come up through a patchy mist that snakes in and out of the Tamarack trees near the water's edge is something to behold........the sounds and smells are magical.

Now I'm going fly the Tiger moth for an hour and a half!!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:44 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Sweet... Hope there is beer to go with it

You know... that could be a problem, Kerwin gets good flight times with his leccys
Can't have beer at the flying field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Well, this morning's hunt was a bust! The geese didn't fly anywhere near us, but aside from getting up so early.......cruising in a boat while it's dark and then watching the sun come up through a patchy mist that snakes in and out of the Tamarack trees near the water's edge is something to behold........the sounds and smells are magical.

Now I'm going fly the Tiger moth for an hour and a half!!
Maybe you can put solar cells on the TM and fly forever.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:00 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Can't have beer at the flying field.
Maybe you can put solar cells on the TM and fly forever.
I can have beer at my fields!

Momma wouldn't like it if I flew forever.......the solar cell idea might be worth a try though.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:32 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
I can have beer at my fields!

Momma wouldn't like it if I flew forever.......the solar cell idea might be worth a try though.
I purchase software from a company in Canada and they get beer for lunch every Friday, I thought maybe David was exempt.

There is sooooo much fricken drama going on RCG <I am not directly in the path of it> that I am not sure what the end goal of it will be from either side. Seems to have started with the company people are not allowed to publically complain about. Then that turned into the new Forum site that no one is allowed to talk about. The people are making fun of the rules that are now being enforced. To that end, a 1st post in a thread that has been going forever is suddenly locked because it has a profanity..... for over a year.

I am not complaining nor do I wish to have the wrath of the RCG gawds come down on me.... I just want to know why for the first time since 2007 does it seem to me this site is under new ownership?

I have NEVER read the rules on RCG, I have only heard of some as other have been railed for breaking them. I figure if you just be a fair person you should not need to know the rules since you wont break them..... Well... there is that off topic thing I seem to struggle with..

Disclaimer...

No Vendors, advertisers, small children, green plants, or leccy parts were damaged, insulted, forums promoted,inanimate objects made to feel less the great, or carpet stained during the creation of this post.

Sorry... please go back to your regularly programmed, well mannered behavior.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:05 AM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Carefull with all that 60 hours stuff, that can be hard on a fella.

Sheesh Kerwin, from package to air in no time flat! Looks good
Too late. I can hardly wiggle this morning. Going to check the charge state on some batteries and see if I can lift the 50cc edge into the truck. Else, try to catch up on home cleaning and left over paper work.
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:30 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
DOG it does sort of feel like there has be a coup.

Well, at least the twistaholic thread is always a safe haven from the rest of the crazy world... Of course it would be welcomed with open arms "over there" as well.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Sep 01, 2012, 01:02 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,435 Posts
Happy Saturday Everybody! I've been going since 4 am and this caffeine I've been drinking isn't bothering me at all......I tried to take a nap when I got home, but it was so calm I couldn't not go flying! I loaded up the pimp-mobile with the AE 260, 3DHS Edge, and the Tiger Moth.......and plenty of batteries. I have to agree wholeheartedly with Wayne and I have proof. If you look at the included picture you'll see that the top two rows of batteries gave me 52 minutes combined flying time on the Edge and 260, while the bottom row of batteries gave me 83 minutes! The top two rows cost over $200, while the bottom row cost me a little over $20. To add to the confusion.......I had many people stop by and chat and those that stayed for the whole show said they liked the easy flights of the Tiger Moth over the raucous, down and dirty 3D stuff! (Course, those that said that were probably in their 80's and seeing a plane hanging in mid air probably makes them feel uneasy. ) The younger folks seemed to be equally amused by both. Me........well I had a smile that's still lingering on what is usually a grumpy-looking visage. I even had this young lady come over and introduce herself to me... her motive being that she "was struck by the colors of that little plane". She asked if I used a stencil and we discussed airbrushing for a spell....."the planes are cute" though. Cute? Women overuse that word......my planes are NOT cute....... So Wayne, you're right........going big does not pay dividends if duration is what you seek, but with advances in technology...it can't be long before the energy density is such that 20-30 minute flights will be possible.....That's when I'll pursue this leccy end of the hobby more. However.....I do enjoy my little leecy fleet for what it is........three planes that are at the ready for the field closest to home that doesn't allow nitro. It's all good. Now it's time for a nap as the evening goose hunt will come all too soon.....then it's up again at 4am for the next two days! I'm looking forward to reading about all the flight reports from you guys.........so don't respond to this......get out there and fly!!!
Old Sep 01, 2012, 01:06 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Hey Bob! Good to see you!! Hope you were able to fly!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 01, 2012, 01:06 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
O no I can't beleive it DOG. Snowy becarful how you slam H-9.
DOG you know the rules ( There is no off topic)
I love my 30ccer. It's the perfect size and it's cheaper than the larger ones.
Well Issac has not taken the project path and is srill haning around.
Mainly wind now. It's killing my maiden.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50