HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:37 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Waldo........I don't know how you can fly only on the weekends.....you're a better man than me.
well I am not a better man than you as you get to fly more often and it kills me not to be able to get out there but once a week. maybe as soon as we move I will be closer to the field, I fly in my yard but very occasionally just busy, And now we just got that 1.5 million piece mailing we did last year tha sucked the life out of me and they added another 180,000 pieces to it but hey I can use the OT thats for sure but the fall is about to be shut down on me again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Waldo - Thanks for the CG. Do you feel like that is a good number or is it tail heavy?
Wayne I usually just pick a Kadet up by the Wing spar and balance it from there and it always flys great, now the 3 7/8 CG measurement I believe is for the Red and white kadet you have, I'm not sure what the LT 40 is I have the original Kit build Kadet and 3 of my friends all have the ARF bolt on wing kadets which I believe is what you were towing with and that has the 3 7/8 CG.

I usually just go by a feel in the sky as you said, if you invert it and have to add down elevator it well then adjust accordingly, But The Kadet with such a big wing span I realized will pretty much fly in every condition adding things like drop hatches, rocket launchers, FPV pods etc.... It might make take off a little slower and heavier but she always performs great once you clear the corn. and every single kadet I have ever seen or flown alwas needs a ton of weight in the nose as they all are wicked tail heavy with a 40 sized engine on them. but I just leave the weight out and fly her tail heavy its more fun that way lol My Kadet doesn't have ailerons but I'm using just regular CA hinges on all the other surfaces.

Jackleg,, Don't be melting your camera lens be careful.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:45 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
758 Posts
Here are some pics from the local newspaper.
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346438632.381259.jpg
Views: 29
Size: 101.4 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346438645.883821.jpg
Size: 139.7 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346438659.402266.jpg
Views: 31
Size: 208.9 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346438672.718156.jpg
Views: 30
Size: 148.3 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346438687.655227.jpg
Views: 26
Size: 117.9 KB
Description:
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:00 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,309 Posts
That's terrible Chris!
Issac is dealing some of my kin a bit of misery, but everyone is okay I believe.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:58 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,566 Posts
Kerwin50, how are you doing today? The weather map seems to be showing quite a bit of rain in your area today.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:10 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Snowdog the rain is a welcome site. It's just kind of drizzely.
I'm getting really impatient waiting on UPS. My little Edge is due today.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:53 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,136 Posts
My Pro Tek 20x8 prop arrived today for my slick. Sometime in the next few weeks I hope to have some time to drill it and fly it.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:58 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,366 Posts
Oh, no Kerwin.......what if it doesn't come today!!!! You won't get until Tuesday......(Monday being Labor Day)

SnowDog.......I would highly recommend a Pico Tiger Moth Glider (Can't seem to find the original Moth anywhere). It is a joy.......pure, plain, and simple!

Waldo......don't wait until retirement......it may never come! Live life for today......start working a 4 day work week........demand more.....work less!

Chris.......can you start watering your property? Is there water available? Best wishes!

Just got back from scouting for geese........got to be on the water tomorrow morning at 5 am! I keep telling my buddies that an electric flying decoy is in order........they just roll their eyes.
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Aug 31, 2012, 05:07 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
Here are some pics from the local newspaper.
Pretty bad Chris. I hope it gets under control soon.

Waldo - Thanks. I think I just did the spar thing last time. I will move the battery back as far as I can in the forward hatch I made and see how that works out. If the inverted test is not good, I will find another location farther back.

Snowman - I thought you had the big Tiger Moth?

Looks like some of the big ones are available on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GWS-Big-...item43aef2b90b

I don't know if anyone is using the stock power system or not.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Aug 31, 2012, 06:02 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
This is the one Snowy has
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCGKT&P=7
Old Aug 31, 2012, 06:10 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Oh, no Kerwin.......what if it doesn't come today!!!! You won't get until Tuesday......(Monday being Labor Day)

SnowDog.......I would highly recommend a Pico Tiger Moth Glider (Can't seem to find the original Moth anywhere). It is a joy.......pure, plain, and simple!

Waldo......don't wait until retirement......it may never come! Live life for today......start working a 4 day work week........demand more.....work less!

Chris.......can you start watering your property? Is there water available? Best wishes!

Just got back from scouting for geese........got to be on the water tomorrow morning at 5 am! I keep telling my buddies that an electric flying decoy is in order........they just roll their eyes.
SSSHHH don't say such horrible things. They said it will be delivered today.
I checked with UPS and it says it's out for delivery.
Now it's just a waiting game.
O where o where can the UPS man be, My little Edge has forsakin me.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:24 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Guys momma wanted pizza. So I told her to stand watch. So just as I approached pizza hut, low an behold there was the UPS man. I immediately cut him off, jumped out of the car and ask him about my package. He was stopped in the middle of the road. An really had no option but to get my little Edge. Wouldn't you know it. I created a major traffic jam in down town cameron mo.
After recieving my plane, I stopped in pizza hut to pick up our pizza. Wouldn't you know it the poor poor boy working there was complaining about being late due to some Dude creating a traffic jam.
I didn't tell the poor boy it was me. Lord knows what could of happened to my pizza.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:35 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,566 Posts
Kerwin you crack me up!!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:24 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
758 Posts
Here are some pics I took. I'm safe where I'm at but it is getting closer to our field.
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346458911.241033.jpg
Views: 32
Size: 141.2 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346458931.206945.jpg
Views: 27
Size: 126.6 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346458944.005354.jpg
Size: 128.6 KB
Description:
In the first pic, our field is located just about half way up on the right side of the pic.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:38 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,366 Posts
Don't run for the hills!!!!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:48 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
Here are some pics I took. I'm safe where I'm at but it is getting closer to our field.
In the first pic, our field is located just about half way up on the right side of the pic.
At this rate the club will be saving a bit on mowing, but this has got to be the worst way to do so.... Some how pictures taken by people you know, have far more impact on how real this it. I dont know what to say.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy