HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:56 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I have thought of that too but I can't see any evidence that this is happening. Maybe I will get a jar, put some fuel in and a chunk of tygon and see if there is anything that looks like deterioration.
Do you use Tygon on the Clunk tube? Many dont use it since it is stiff and put in other products and those I have seen do weird things. One member had some skinny black silicon or some other product, it shrank from 6 to 3 inches... He didnt know why it would only do short flights, could not see through the Dubro tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
first thing id do if i had one of those.......probably drop my phone into it.
Isnt that the truth!
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:07 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
I'm using the small tygon on the green machine
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:11 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,941 Posts
Quote:
I never landed full scale with the nose down.

At least, I don't think so.
sure you did.... a 172 @ 65-70kts will approach with 5-8* nose down all the way to flare
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:24 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
I knew I had a motor simular to the one Snowy was fighting with. Bought this from the good folks at HK a while back, they no longer have it listed or a link to it... all I know is the discription is C2402 Brushless Outrunner 2350kv ....

No screw heads, looks easier to get the saver on it
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:31 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,853 Posts
I just bought a big sheet of 3mm depron and a big sheet of 6mm depron. Trying to decide what to make out of it.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:45 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,046 Posts
Ok thanks for the link and continued advice guys after all of what your all saying I definitely need to open the tank and check all lines and the carb for sure, and I always shake the gas container before fueling

Snowman that came out Awesome Good luck tomorrow

I was disapointed the bike wasn't a video of the bike flying very cool idea but with a 40K price tag you think they would show it actually working and not just a pic with the lines erased that are holding it off the ground lol
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:08 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
sure you did.... a 172 @ 65-70kts will approach with 5-8* nose down all the way to flare
But I did't LAND with the nose down.

In don't use Tygon in the tank any more. I use a high quality neoprene. So far, no problems. I have not had any Tygon harden either. I know people have reported that but I have been lucky so far. I have changed lines but they are still flexible. I usually change the lines if I have to remove the tank for something. I don't otherwise.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Aug 30, 2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:09 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
I just bought a big sheet of 3mm depron and a big sheet of 6mm depron. Trying to decide what to make out of it.
A dart board comes to mind.

I have always thought one of those flying discs would be fun. You might have to layer the Depron. You thinking indoor or outdoor.

I have a pizza box and flipflop. Working on a FireFly and have a Skycart in the box.
Last edited by waynemia; Aug 30, 2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:19 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
You may want to take that question to the flat foamie section.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:28 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
Quote:

In don't use Tygon in the tank any more. I use a high quality neoprene. So far, no problems. I have not had any Tygon harden either. I know people have reported that but I have been lucky so far. I have changed lines but they are still flexible. I usually change the lines if I have to remove the tank for something. I don't otherwise.
Viton seems to be the new prefered product for inside that tank, that is what I have on the tank I posted the pic of. I had not heard of it, Arron seems to be running it on all his tanks with good luck. Lots of threads on FG about it as well.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:30 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Checked the cowl. No way it will fit with the 100 on it. It might if I mounted it upright. The balance looks good at the spar. I wish I knew what the CG is supposed to be.

While mounting the swing to check balance, I discovered three of the four aileron hinges are broken. That is another set back. Glad I found it before going to the field.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:36 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Viton seems to be the new prefered product for inside that tank, that is what I have on the tank I posted the pic of. I had not heard of it, Arron seems to be running it on all his tanks with good luck. Lots of threads on FG about it as well.
I have used that too but it is pricey. Thankfully, I only use it for the clunk.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:28 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,046 Posts
Wayne the CG for the Sig Kadet 80 inch Wingspan is 3 7/8 or 99mm from the leading edge if thats the spec you were looking for
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:48 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,046 Posts
Hey Kerwin50 thanks for asking over on FG for me I thanked them over there as they were nice enough to give you some answers.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:37 AM
I Just Want to Hover!
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jun 2004
710 Posts
Viton Tubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Yes, I have been using Viton on the clunk line for almost 3 years now. Doesn't get stiff, but is stiff enough to not fold over to the front of the tank. Is great for hooking up smoke oil lines to the muffler, as it is heat resistant.

Here's a link:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-fi...tubing/=j2zik3

Part 5119K11. I usually get 5' at a time.

Bill
Bill Martins is offline Find More Posts by Bill Martins