HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:31 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
I meant that it makes it easier for me to land on the mains and then set the tail down instead of landing 3-point.
I was confused.
waynemia is online now Find More Posts by waynemia
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:41 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post

No salt, seasonings, or butter either. Hardcore!
The only way to have it and don't forget to wash it down with a warm milk in a dirty glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
LT-40 maiden went fine. So just going to put some bigger wheels on and move the battery and I will be ready to go again.
Maybe I will get some video this weekend.
Great news Wayne and a Vid would be awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
It don't bother me that the nose tips down. It actually makes landings kinda fun almost scale like.
Full scale ones too. I seem to remember some ballooning and some going nose down. It is a weird feeling anyway.
Maybe too much throw on the flaperons?

Yes Its not a problem for us just weird we thought, was all so I had to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Flight Report: I flew until it was gray enough that I couldn't tell which side was up. Boy that 3DHS 41" Edge is built tough! It cartwheeled wingtip to nose to wingtip got high enough on that last wingtip bounce that it made it around to the other! Some old geezer on a moped chuckled from the peanut section....why couldn't he chuckle when I was hucking it down and dirty? I think most spectators are hoping for a crash......really.....I do.

The Tiger Moth had it's guts installed.... look to maiden it tomorrow.......yeah right.....supposed to have record winds tomorrow!
Well of course they're looking for a crash lol why do you think NASCAR has so many fans we all know everyone there is hoping to see a 40 car pile up at 150mph And Thats what i call perfect for a Maiden Flight I hope the winds die down for you so you can Actually maiden the Moth I want to see that baby in those beautiful colors soaring around

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I ordered some big 6" inflatable wheels for my Kadet but I am sending them back. Two wheels weigh 22oz. I just could not bring myself to adding that weight just for looks. They would have really looked cool though.

Instead, I have a spanking new Saito 1.00 to put on there. I am trying to make a glider killer out of it. I will probably put a three blade on it if the ground clearance is too close. I have not looked to see what 2 blade it would take. Maybe a 16x4W.
My friend Tek who does the filming and FPV has some nice looking Bush tires on his Kadet and with FPV on board is hauling it around with a 46ax works fantastic A Saito 100 on a Kadet is going to be awesome for sure and yes a Glider killer indeed LOL heres Tek's Bush Kadet

Kerwin Great Vids LOL I think you need to move the Camera Glasses upt to your forehead or tilt your head back more during those High off the ground shots though I'll bet you were doing rolling harriers and knife edge spins and we missed it all as it was above the frame.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:51 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,532 Posts
OH yeah Snowman I just meant the Invisible frame LOL and I hear ya on the being able to fly out the door thats always aesome I'm just lucky enough to be able to fly Nitro out my door, But as soon as we move I'm thinking that option will be gone

Gas Question No not the Baked beans kind

Ok My Zenoah 26 on my 1/4 scale tripe Runs awesome on the first flight of the day, then the 2nd flight she fired right up was running great and then seemed to start dying in flight so I landed her right away, So of course I'm going to check out the fuel lines and see if debris is cloggin anything up, But I remember now this was doing this last year at the end of the season I just forgot about it.

What else could be causing the slowdown in performance to where it sounds like its just going to quit ??? Spark Plug? needled settings? anything else anyone can offer would be helpful so I can check it all out while I have it opened up. This is My first gasser and my very first problem with it. so any advice will be most helpful
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:40 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,444 Posts
Waldo.....you're using 91 octane or higher without methanol added yes?

The Tiger Moth is almost done! If the winds die down this evening.......I will be maidening her tonight! She's a busy looking bird I'll say that....I think Kerwin is thinking it's too pretty...at the Tiger Moth thread........he keeps wanting to give it an effeminate name...another guy suggested Gayoreo .....if I didn't know any better I'd think that this bird is bringing out the homophobic side of a few of my fellow flyers!

Back to the theater tonight.......seems that the director doesn't want to fly a few of the buildings now!!! So I have to come up with a way to support 10' high structures without the use of legs and sandbags......and the fronts of these buildings have the framework minus the paper....representing paper screen walls.......so any support will be visible from the audience.... Tis a quandary.

Well, I hope you all are having a great day.....it just appears that very few of you are flying anymore.???? WTH!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:12 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,532 Posts
Snowman Just mount a few of the OS engines on the tops of the frame and hover the settings then for a scene change you just harrier it off stage

I don't know what the heck I'm using for octane LOl I filled the jug with 1 gallon of fresh Regular Gas over a year ago and added the 2 stroke oil mixture, its the same mixture as my weed whacker actually, but its always run great I was thinking sooner or later I was gonna have some rough edges as it always ran so perfect. well the time has come I guess now I need to figure it out LOL

Good luck tonight on the moth if you get the chance and I think Gayoreo is kind of weird for a name how can you tell the difference between a straightoreo and a gayoreo double stuffed maybe
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:46 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346341545.215085.jpg
Views: 24
Size: 42.3 KB
Description:
lololol
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:56 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,253 Posts
Waldo, are you using Tygon fuel tubing? Sometimes it will get stiff in the tank. It's a good idea to change gas plumbing every season.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:08 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,461 Posts
Chris now that is funny.

Snowy I was jacking with Mick from swizterland. He's coming up with all these dumb names so I thought I'd poke a little fun back.

Waldo are you using a felt clunk in your gasser. Have you been empting the gas out of her.
That is a no no because it hardens the rubber in your carb and lines.
The felt clunks keep the fuel extra clean and prevents foaming.
The very best oil to use is the Sthil Ultra. It helps resolve the ethanol issue. Which is a big killer in these 2 stroke engines.
I think you can just go to a saw shop and get a rebuild kit for that carb.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:45 AM
RC = Drama Free
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Chris now that is funny.

Snowy I was jacking with Mick from swizterland. He's coming up with all these dumb names so I thought I'd poke a little fun back.

Waldo are you using a felt clunk in your gasser. Have you been empting the gas out of her.
The very best oil to use is the Sthil Ultra. It helps resolve the ethanol issue. Which is a big killer in these 2 stroke engines.
Oh Crap..... Pending Oil War

I have to say these new clunks are impressive, I dont even know how they continue to pick up fuel after the level goes below the top screen, but I have seen it happen, fluid mechanics I am sure.

So on the subject of corn gas
I have none corn gas in my area that I intend to run.
I thought corn gas eatting gaskets and seals went out back in the late 80's <in illinios anyway> and carb parts where all being designed to resist corn gas. Carbs coming from China however may not care about that, not sure they do corn gas there.
What is it about the oil you mentioned that is different / what does it do to prevent the damage?
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:49 AM
Joined Jan 2005
4,444 Posts
Kerwin.........I was wondering where you came up with that name......it was far from obvious!

Hovering Chinese pagoda....... Missing pet.........roflmfao

Hey Plow......are you flying at all? We haven't heard much from the southern front.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:52 AM
Joined Jan 2005
4,444 Posts
DOG......EXACTLY! I've replaced entire fuel systems from my mower to my outboard engines!!!! Methanol when added to gas is terrible on fuel lines, filters, and gaskets. Only Premium gas in those engines from now on........well maybe regular in the boat......but only with SeaFoam added to it......or Stabil.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:57 AM
RC = Drama Free
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,660 Posts
I have been using this to locate the good stuff.

http://pure-gas.org
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:00 PM
Joined Jan 2005
4,444 Posts
Yes, ethanol.......exactly what I was saying..... Actually, I think either does damage, but I'm not certain......so don't bet the farm on it.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:41 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,461 Posts
DOG I got my information from Jodi an engine guru that use to work for valley view rc.
It's suppose to have a fuel stablizer in it.
it's worked well in my engine .

Waldo you may just need to readjust your needles as it is probally just getting broke in good.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:12 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Waldo, are you using Tygon fuel tubing? Sometimes it will get stiff in the tank. It's a good idea to change gas plumbing every season.
I believe I'm using the Neoprene tubing and I haven't changed it out from last season. I'll check that also Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
No I'm not using a felt clunk
Yes I empty the fuel out of her every time I fly it, I'm surprized actually how little fuel it uses, I can fill the tank and fly it all day maybe 3 or 4 good flights and still drain more than half a tank back into the gas can.

I was wondering if I should have added stabilzer to it, I most definietly should be using just regular gas,

I'm thinking I might just need to adjust the needles as now it is broke in There has to be less than 2 full tanks of fuel run through the thing since I've owned it. And I messed with the needles in the very begining cause I couldn't get it started and tried making carb adjustments, then found out I needed 24 volts to fire her up which was the non starting issue the whole time. But she's been running great once it started that 1st time until the end of last season and now of course.

Thanks everyone I'll look into all these suggestions for sure.