SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:02 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,972 Posts
Snowman that came out AWESOME !!!!!! And Man your Fast Wahoooo Can't wait to see that Vid thats right it was a Funtana Glad to see my memory at least remembered it was you lol

Wayne the Tow point is behind the CG and we did the test on the Kadet with the Flaperons before we towed anything so it was in its natural state, this is why I'm baffled Its almost like the flaperons are working like a wing elevator lol

Irelandchad Welcome to the fun and congrats on having a T_ _ _ T with a NITRO engine It don't get better than that. And follow Waynes link to the tips and mods page for sure it will really show you everything about the bird you need to know but remember we post all questions and answers on this thread to keep the clutter down on the Tips and mods page for easy reference please report back to us with your flight reports pics and vids

Kerwin you ARE having way too much fun,,, great report sir

Well this is My Friend Tek's vid of the Glider tow and rocket launchers in high def, the new improved launcher worked fine but has 0 accuracy lol
Super Glider Tow and Rockets oh my. (16 min 21 sec)
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:27 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irelandchad View Post
Just picked up a used 40 size twist with a .46 motor. Ready to run for $150. Any sugestions before I take it to the air. I have flow a typhoon 2 for several years and decided to go nitro.
Welcome.
Yes please visit the mod page.
Your gonna love your twist

Yeah waldo I am having just too much fun with these small parkflyers.
It's great to just to go out your door an fly.
Snowy I'm with wayne. You need to show us your technique
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Last edited by kerwin50; Aug 27, 2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:36 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,288 Posts
Thanks Plow and Waldo. Wayne & Kerwin I'll see what I can do about a tutorial....ive got to finish this moth first though.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:01 AM
United States, MI, Clio
Joined Mar 2004
25 Posts
New to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Hi there. Sounds like a good buy. What color is it? There is a white PNP, yellow, and cream color variety. The cream one is the V2.

Most of the 40 size planes here are flown with 60 size engines.

Try a 12.25 x 3.75 APC prop. The 46 engines love them.

We have a tips thread so you don't have to dig through so much stuff. You should consider going through it as it points out the weak spots that might need some work. Make sure you check your CG. It needs to be on the nose heavy side of the limits to start with.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1032106

We like pictures and videos.

Good luck,
Wayne
It is white and I have been looking at the tip thread already. Cant wait to get it out.
irelandchad is offline Find More Posts by irelandchad
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:20 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I don't see your ignition system Joe.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:10 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,288 Posts
Waldo.....you've got yourself a talented videographer in your midst! I thoroughly enjoyed that video! What engine does that guy have on that Sig Senior??? I've got a kit and I'm thinking of a O.S. 91 ax........it'll have floats....so there's that. I'm rooting for ya ........keep up the quitting smoking thing!!!!! You were mentioning you only being 25lbs over weight? I've taken dumps that made me feel that much lighter!!!!

Just got back from the barber.....I had to jump on Kerwin's future motorcycle and take it for a ride this morning. I got there right when it opened....wouldn't you know it......those damn senior citizens were lined up!!!!! Two hours it took......those old boys were like a bunch of gossipy women!!! And what makes it worse......by looking at my hair.......I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE %$#%$#^^ HE WAS THINKING!!!!! I'm not in a good mood for continuing to build or go flying.......maybe I should cut the grass for the last time this year and cool down....
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:14 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Waldo Thats the difference beteewn flaps and flaperons. On many planes flaperons will pitch the nose down where flaps will pitch the nose up.
Flaperons work alot like your flying wing set ups
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:38 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Waldo Thats the difference beteewn flaps and flaperons. On many planes flaperons will pitch the nose down where flaps will pitch the nose up.
Flaperons work alot like your flying wing set ups
The Kadet does not have flaps so he is using flaperons, using the ailerons as flaps.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:18 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,972 Posts
Well its very weird because the flaperons on every plane I have T40, Ultra Stick, US1000, Edge 540, giant Tripe, brings the nose up, as well as any plane I've ever seen from any of my friends either, this is the first time I've ever seen this happen in my 42 years of flying but it is mny Good cuz who built this one so anything can happen LOL but just when you think you know something this hobby always proves you wrong.

Snowman yes our camera guy is awesome and he's also our FPV guy which he is awesome at also. he'sd totally addicted to the Kadet too LOL And I can't blame him as its an awesome fun plane to fly especially as a platform for FPV.

I think a 91 would be fun on a Kadet but a Kadet with a 40 on it will fly with floats no problem there is a ton of wing area and the fuse is just sticks so its pretty light, the 61 on my cuz's plane actually ripped the control horns out of both of the Ailerons 2 weeks ago, and we heard this BRRDDRDRDRDRRDRDR all of a sudden he was able to save the plane and land it but he's going to snap that wing in half for sure with all that power LOL I told him to get rid of those screws holding on the control horn and get some bolts that go all the way through.
but you can see the power it had as he was towing me and pretty much jumped off the runway and went straight up dragging me with him lol The Original kadet sr Kit has no ailerons the Kadet senioritta has ailerons. he has a knock off Hobbico Sr I think, just called the sr, I think It didn't even come with kadet decals. but it still flys like a kadet love those big floaty planes.

2 hours for a haircut Good Lord man now you know why I just let mine grow I haven't been to a shop in over 22 years but luckily My Daughter and my brother in law are hair stylists so I usually visit them at home, and I have to say since my Daughters baby was born I haven't had my hair cut from her in over 1 year and 9 months at least lol I think my last hair cut was over 2 years ago.

Wayne Ignition System On what ? were you talking to me.
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:40 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Yes sir, I was addressing you. I was talking about the rockets.

Perhaps the engine thrust angle on the kadet?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:11 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
755 Posts
My Telemaster with flaperons set tips the nose down. I have some up elevator programmed in but the slower the speed the more it tips nose down. Makes it easier to do a landing on the mains and gently set the tail down. I just have to be on top of things or it will nose over on landing.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:24 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,288 Posts
Real men don't use flaps or flaperons.......they come in hot and they take off balls to the walls!

Rockets? Waldo.....didn't you know that as safety officer......you're the one that's supposed to set the example. (What was I thinking! Waldo setting a GOOD example?) Who loves ya baby! *I think bigger engines that produce thicker, blacker smoke are in order!* How about a RATO on a Sig Senior with a .049 engine for cruising power?

Kerwin.....your future motorcycle is running great! I'm still saving that huge zucchini you picked out for Lt Dan!

Tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet basil, beets, carrots, and zucchini galore!!!!
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:49 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,330 Posts
Dang... Snowy is having a bad hair day!
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:14 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Real men fall on their swords all the time. The rest of us run the world.

When the women let us.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:51 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,072 Posts
Boy Wayne you are bringing up memories from my philosophy 1010 class I took several years ago
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater