HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:31 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,439 Posts
That mod is where you cover it with Heinz 57 sauce!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:44 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
lol... Kerwin is referring to the custom piston ring he advised me to put in the PTE. I tell you what... people are asking me left and right what engine is in it I think it is just about broken in now. It is running really reliably and is a monster power house. Thanks for the advice Kerwin That was some SwEET SauCE!
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:01 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,581 Posts
I went to fly today and ended up being flight instructor for a bunch of new pilots and also a maiden flight pilot for some new pilots! Got there at 8:30 and didn't get to fly one of my planes until 11am! Flew a few packs on my 65" Vyper...man that Scorpion has LOTS of power !! I really enjoyed helping out the newer pilots in the club, and helping guys get their new planes trimmed out...new guys will keep our club healthy and active for years to come, and also I can make sure they hear about 3D flying!!!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:35 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Yeah Nate Frank also worked some on your reed block as well didn't he.
Those two things really made that one fine motor.
It's all in the sauce guys it's all in the sauce.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 26, 2012, 01:09 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
http://www.bicycling.com/news/pro-cy...-france-titles

Eating food makes me fat.......good non-Heinz 57- covered food that is!
Still doesntmake sense man. Too vague. If they really caught him doping on "X" event you know they would talk about it. They don't have a failed drug test, they dont have a paper trail. I just haven't seen the hard proof. It also looks like the ICO is asking for details before they take titles away. Tour de france still lists armstrong as the winner of those races. Something doesnt make sense in all this. I think this would be the equivalent of an organization in spain saying for whatever reason they were taking away a win by pablo montoya in a nascar event. They dont have the jursidiction. This group sets a scary precedent. They are going after a retired rider for something that happened 15 years ago. It just doesnt pass the smell test. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
Wookster is online now Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Aug 26, 2012, 03:39 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,829 Posts
Those deep fried pork ribs go well,with 57 sauce

Vodka clamato and 57 also is nice, and horse radish

Salt pepper etc.

No pickled beans , those are gross
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:45 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
lol... Kerwin is referring to the custom piston ring he advised me to put in the PTE. I tell you what... people are asking me left and right what engine is in it I think it is just about broken in now. It is running really reliably and is a monster power house. Thanks for the advice Kerwin That was some SwEET SauCE!
I recommend Bowman to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
I went to fly today and ended up being flight instructor for a bunch of new pilots and also a maiden flight pilot for some new pilots! Got there at 8:30 and didn't get to fly one of my planes until 11am! Flew a few packs on my 65" Vyper...man that Scorpion has LOTS of power !! I really enjoyed helping out the newer pilots in the club, and helping guys get their new planes trimmed out...new guys will keep our club healthy and active for years to come, and also I can make sure they hear about 3D flying!!!
Good work. I spend days flying other people's planes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
Still doesntmake sense man. Too vague. If they really caught him doping on "X" event you know they would talk about it. They don't have a failed drug test, they dont have a paper trail. I just haven't seen the hard proof. It also looks like the ICO is asking for details before they take titles away. Tour de france still lists armstrong as the winner of those races. Something doesnt make sense in all this. I think this would be the equivalent of an organization in spain saying for whatever reason they were taking away a win by pablo montoya in a nascar event. They dont have the jursidiction. This group sets a scary precedent. They are going after a retired rider for something that happened 15 years ago. It just doesnt pass the smell test. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
Agreed.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:08 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Guys I'm spending money like I got it. Momma just let me pull the trigger for another little Edge. Now she needs to let me order a new fuse for the twist. O where does it ever end. LOL
Now momma and I discussed it.
I mainly ordered the Edge over the twist because I'll fly it more. I don't need anyone around to fly it.
Now I've just got to pay my property taxes, personal property taxes, License my car, Buy new teeth, and pay for another vacation. O yeah I still need to buy an 71 inch Slick.
I'm now accepting donations. LOL
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:55 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Guys I'm spending money like I got it. Momma just let me pull the trigger for another little Edge. Now she needs to let me order a new fuse for the twist. O where does it ever end. LOL
Now momma and I discussed it.
I mainly ordered the Edge over the twist because I'll fly it more. I don't need anyone around to fly it.
Now I've just got to pay my property taxes, personal property taxes, License my car, Buy new teeth, and pay for another vacation. O yeah I still need to buy an 71 inch Slick.
I'm now accepting donations. LOL
Good call on getting another Edge, I think you really liked the last one!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,439 Posts
Kerwin! Another leccy????? And you're T_ _ _tless? You really are a leccy-lover in sheep's clothing! The united federation of nitro-burners mourns you being lost to them.....! *a moment of silence please* (I think I'm going to name my last leccy purchase "Heinz 57" in your honor!)
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:54 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
O no Snowy Snowy Snowy. I told you parkflyers don't count.
Just like Billy. I did not have sex with that woman.
I still love my glow. Why just this morning when I was moving the LT 40 for charging. I spilled alittle glow fuel on me. I just rubbed it in for good luck.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 01:28 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,047 Posts
Flying update
Great weekend of flights
Glider Tow complete success
Vids to follow soon this week had on board glider key kam and a couple of ground cameras rolling ill have to catch up on the thread later

RIP Neil you have done the world a great and respected service
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Aug 26, 2012, 07:44 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Still can't believe some people don't believe they went to the Moon.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:55 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
O it was a very twisted afternoon and I do mean twisted. You see I was pushing the Green Machine so hard that the fuel tank vent tube moved from out and under the cowl to in beteewn the fuse and canopy in the middle of the canopy. Now the fuse and the canopy fit flush to each other and is bolted down. So how in the heck the vent tube got there is beyond me.. I fill the plane up before flight and fuel came out of the vent tube. I then took her up and on my up lines I would go WOT, full left rudder, full down elev and full right aileron.
She does this weird snap that ends up in a knife edge spin then into a tight inverted high alpha spin. I left the throttle wide open for a good 15 to 20 seconds.
Up on landing thats when I noticed the vent tube sticking out of the canopy/fuse and it was very tight. The reason I landed is I noticed the motor running a bit funny. Now I know why.

All in all the day was pretty good. K49 flew his relvover, shoestring, and his Tango.
We had a really good turn out today. there were 6 of us and ther rain managed to let up to allow us to fly.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:08 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,439 Posts
I've begun the Tiger Moth Build and unfortunately I didn't take any pictures Kerwin.....I'll take some tomorrow before I start painting.

I had the whole day off, but it rained so the batteries I charged in the morning will have to stay charged until I fly next.

Two weeks and I'm down the first 20 lbs.....now comes the tough stuff....portion control!!!!! I've stabilized my blood sugar levels to normal. The bad news.....I have to stop using adjectives that are food related........that and no more food analogies........ If Plow can do it.......so can I!