HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:33 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,072 Posts
happy b day kirwin

wayne i dont understand why the glider had problems with release?

need for speed, Snow will post some pics soon of a pretty fast plane

changeing batteries in it to a 6800 4 cell instead of a 4000 mah 3 cell
for longer flight time

also experimenting with cg and hope to get it tuned in for bullet type flying

too far back cg i think gives me too much nose down when I go fast
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:57 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,149 Posts
The glider, in its swinging around put too much pressure on the pin. The servo was not strong enough to pull the pin with that much pull on it. I only had a 22 0z/in servo. It obviously needed more pull to get the pin free. The plan is to try a 57 oz/in servo.

I have my funjet ultra balanced so that it takes very little down elevator when inverted.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Aug 23, 2012 at 09:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:13 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
he glider, in its swinging around put too much pressure on the pin. The servo was not strong enough to pull the pin with that much pull on it. I only had a 22 0z/in servo. It obviously needed more pull to get the pin free. The plan is to try a 57 oz/in servo.

I have my funjet ultra balanced so that it takes very little down elevator when inverted.
My funjet does not have right or left thrust and does not fly well at high speeds
Cg is good however
I am amazed how fast a funjet is compared to any large plane I flown
For a small plane the funjet goes really fast and flys for long time
Transport is great as well due to,it's size

My newer larger 60 inch wing has tendency to,dive at past 100 km per hour or so

Third time to make up thrust even greater and also will,put cg further forward, which sucks IMHO, I like cg far far far back, and hate the idea to have to move it forward just to make a plane fly properly

That tow plane must of had some serious power to,haul around a glider like in your video

The drag must of been incredible

Maybe this weekend I will fly and make a movie
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:42 PM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,126 Posts
Happy Birthday Kerwin50! and hello to the rest of you. Wow, between work and another special project (starting up a new website), my week has gone by in the blink of an eye...can't believe tomorrow is Friday already. Looking forward to flying on Saturday and also to hearing about that glider tow debacle, and of course Snowmans soap opera: "As The Motor Turns"
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:47 PM
RC = Drama Free
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
Third time to make up thrust even greater and also will,put cg further forward, which sucks IMHO, I like cg far far far back, and hate the idea to have to move it forward just to make a plane fly properly
Was there a wording problem on this, typically planes with the CG near where is should be <or a tad forward> do fly better.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:59 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,072 Posts
I got flat spins like crazy with twist 40 way way back

Twist 60 has cg machine done lots ofmexperimenting

But this delta love high speed dives

I think it has to be cg too,far back, it better be or else components are getting pulled out and into plane that can perform

Flown lots of fast f5b gliders and know cg severely effects nose dives or porpoising , last test will be to fly faster all,the time andnnotmchnge speeds, which sucks

Love planes that fl
Y straight with wot or all ofmamsudden no power, high performance stuff

Twist 40 is cool as it is so accurate with motor and control at all,speeds
I really like os 46 as perfect for me

Can fly full wot if wanted and no problem with over heating
With the recommended apc prop.

You guys laughed at my window for fuel tank and carbon modification along fuse lol

But this wing is hope to tweak out soon is of a no one else done this shitnbefore
Kind if crazy fpv plane

Unbreakable in the air but hard to control at certain fast speeds




Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Was there a wording problem on this, typically planes with the CG near where is should be <or a tad forward> do fly better.
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:25 AM
RC = Drama Free
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,648 Posts
Ok, so it wasnt a wording issue.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:24 AM
Registered User
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
279 Posts
what kind of mask did you wear when you bought that van Ron? lol
Outlw36 is offline Find More Posts by Outlw36
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:13 AM
Registered User
kerwin50's Avatar
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
I got flat spins like crazy with twist 40 way way back

Twist 60 has cg machine done lots ofmexperimenting

But this delta love high speed dives

I think it has to be cg too,far back, it better be or else components are getting pulled out and into plane that can perform

Flown lots of fast f5b gliders and know cg severely effects nose dives or porpoising , last test will be to fly faster all,the time andnnotmchnge speeds, which sucks

Love planes that fl
Y straight with wot or all ofmamsudden no power, high performance stuff

Twist 40 is cool as it is so accurate with motor and control at all,speeds
I really like os 46 as perfect for me

Can fly full wot if wanted and no problem with over heating
With the recommended apc prop.

You guys laughed at my window for fuel tank and carbon modification along fuse lol

But this wing is hope to tweak out soon is of a no one else done this shitnbefore
Kind if crazy fpv plane

Unbreakable in the air but hard to control at certain fast speeds
Now wait a second david I never did laugh at your mods now I do admit to alittle teasing on the polka dots and to be honest there I too am guilty of large pink polka dots on the bottom of the wing.

Well it's finally friday but I think it may be a rainy weekend, Not that I'm complaining about that. We havn't had a decent rain all summer.

Waldo I don't know whats happened to K49. We flew last sunday. I think he's upset about not getting his zuccinihi. You know that helps him walk straight. I may have to find a corn cob for him.
His boy is playing football against my ole home town tonight King City. We should all pray for him an his boy.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:52 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Waldopepperaxe's Avatar
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Someone has the need for speed. Speaking of speed......Waldo.......how's the Wonder flying these days?
I'll find out tonight when my wife returns with the director's take on how my roof looks. Maybe Sunday will be a day of rest????
Well funny you asked as I just charged up the Wonder last night for tomorrow, she flys absolutley beautiful I can't get over how well she glides once the power is off, it just amazes me Kind of like the Eagle 63 when I first started flying that and had a deadstick and it just flew on the air like an Eagle,,, Hmmm Go figure LOL definitely a great flying aircraft and I would have never even thought to own one. just an awesome surprize all the way around can't thank you enough for your generosity with everything I just can't wait to get started on the Bee

If she doesn't like the the roof can't you just paint it all white and call it a northern Michigan roof in October

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Looking forward to flying on Saturday and also to hearing about that glider tow debacle, and of course Snowmans soap opera: "As The Motor Turns"
well I created a nice rolling platform to hopefully aid in the take off of the glider tow but I think its going to flip over or the plane will fall off it or it will somehow get stuck on the bottom of the glider and create a ton of drag on the tow plane bringing everything to a fury of balsa flying splinters LOL Regardless of what happens the cameras will be rolling. and too funny "as the motor turns" LOLOL were you talking to DOG on that one for his Van woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Was there a wording problem on this, typically planes with the CG near where is should be <or a tad forward> do fly better.
I have to agree here yes a forward CG usually brings a plane to its most stabile flying ability not too nose heavy but just right especially in those older war planes my Great Planes Mustang was a blast to fly with a little aft CG as she really performed well but man when I moved that CG forward a tad she tracked like she was on rails and you could draw perfect lines with that thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Now wait a second david I never did laugh at your mods now I do admit to alittle teasing on the polka dots and to be honest there I too am guilty of large pink polka dots on the bottom of the wing.

Waldo I don't know whats happened to K49. His boy is playing football against my ole home town tonight King City. We should all pray for him an his boy.
Kerwin50alphabrother LOL corn might be tough to find these days LOL are you going to the rivalry game
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:30 AM
Registered User
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,434 Posts
"If she doesn't like the the roof can't you just paint it all white and call it a northern Michigan roof in October " author: Waldo That's cold bro....

"Snowmans soap opera: "As The Motor Turns" " author: SnowDog That's low bro........but that's what I get for trying this "Leccy" stuff! Every time I think of the word leccy........I automatically think "yucky"...

You should see the size of those screws that hold that little in-runner in place!!! I've got pores bigger than them! I might have to try Kerwin's idea and just glue the damn thing in place!

BP hobbies responded like any good hobby shop should: "We'll have them in the mail for ya today!" unlike Value Hobby.......their response: "Send the motor back and we'll send you another one" (but yet they won't check to see if all the others have the same problem.... so what's the point....to put off my flying this damn bird until spring?) It may appear that I'm an easily excitable schmuck who's quick to find fault with others while on the other hand quick to self-promote, but remember......appearances ain't everything!

Well, I'm off for what should hopefully be the last day of construction....the director told my wife she liked the clay tile effect......so I'll be roofing today...inside...
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:34 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Waldopepperaxe's Avatar
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,530 Posts
well glad to hear you'll be roofing indoors and I'm not cold, Northern Michigan is cold I'm just going by what descriptions you give us lol
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:25 PM
Registered User
kerwin50's Avatar
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,460 Posts
Snowy I think those screws in the motor I sent you will work.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:53 PM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,126 Posts
Go big or go home

86% PITTS PYTHON - 20th LMA COSFORD - 2012 (5 min 52 sec)
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:05 PM
Registered User
seeingeyegod's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,619 Posts
Wonder how much that weighs? Probably over 100 lbs? It is amazing that going just another 14% to full size would make it weigh about 10 times more.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New Club Thread - Northern Beaches Soaring Club Psionic001 Australia 5 Feb 24, 2011 08:19 PM
Help! Tower SUper Saver Club la528it Hot Online Deals 9 Jan 10, 2010 05:48 PM
Discussion San Francisco Model Yacht Club's multi-club Swap Meet craig_c Dock Talk 17 Oct 13, 2009 02:28 AM