Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:57 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
DOG it doesn't sound like you came out bad at all.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:10 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
last night
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:19 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
Thanks Daniel
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:49 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
Wow Daniel, nice pics. In case y'all didn't know, that Daniel can take some very good pictures.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:06 AM
Montana Transplant
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Hey Chris, I can't wait for next years fly in. Hope we can get some other twistaholics to come... still can't believe they drew my name 5 times in the raffle. No flying yet here, playing trains instead.. off to Vegas after this assignment.
Last edited by mt_flyer; Aug 23, 2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:20 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
Don't expect it but we may try to drive down there this winter to visit. It just depends on a lot of different things. Yes, next year can't get here fast enough. Second weekend in August if anyone wants to mark their calendars.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:56 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
last night
Nice shots Daniel. The Saturn, Mars, and Spica is what I was referring to when I forgot the servos.

I like the other shots too. It is getting cool enough I can start getting out with the telescope again.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:21 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,916 Posts
Fellas, thank you so much for the pictures of the night sky........the only thing I see that time of day is the inside of my eyelids.

DOG.......that's a great score on the van!! Airplane Hauler II

Waldo....how's that other build coming? (Clancy Aviation)

Kerwin, no chance of another trip, huh? The fall run for many species of fish will be starting soon....as will partridge, early goose, and small game hunting!

Last day of set construction!! Yeah! Waldo, if I find someone that's recording it digitally.......I'll see what I can do about getting a copy.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:41 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Put a bow on it and call it mine.
Thats great DOG now you'll have to break it in properly with a good ol roadtrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I did some testing today. It is possible to put enough tension on the tow line I think if the glider had not been swinging wildly, the release would have been fine.
I'm sure it was all the tension from the rolling loops for sure, as just pulling a pin straight out doesn't require a whole lot of torque actually. but with enough pressure I'm sure it was fighting it all the way as if the glider had enough torque to stop the kadet dead in its tracks It was yarning on that line something fierce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Waldo....how's that other build coming? (Clancy Aviation)
Last day of set construction!! Yeah! Waldo, if I find someone that's recording it digitally.......I'll see what I can do about getting a copy.
Haven't been building a thing way too busy for such luxury's we just took our house off the market and are going to try a different agent and company. That would be great to see a vid of the production your involved with and especially all the props you built I'm sure they look fantastic.

MT Those are awesome Pics and does the ISS leave a trail tail like that ? I've never seen the ISS pass by Or at least never knew it was the ISS if it did.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:46 AM
Joined Jan 2005
4,916 Posts
Oh, Kerwin.........BTW......I'm still waiting on parts from BP! I haven't had "the luxury" (as Waldo puts it) to build either!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:52 AM
Joined Jan 2005
4,916 Posts
The garden is in full output mode! I leave the house in the morning and in the evening when I return there's twice as many tomatoes ripened! Nothing like a fresh-picked cherry tomato wrapped in a large fresh-picked sweet basil leaf! Mmmmm I could almost become a vegetarian during times like these if it were not for prime rib and of course bacon!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:05 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
Guys my birthday was yesterday so today my wife asked me if I felt older (56) I told no just much wiser.

O Snowy I never said the trip was off, I was just saying I didn't see any way we could make it up there before the 15th.
Has BP even sent you a shipping notice. Push come to shove I'll send you a brushed speed control for that motor I sent you and that way you can get her in the air .
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:20 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
The garden is in full output mode! I leave the house in the morning and in the evening when I return there's twice as many tomatoes ripened! Nothing like a fresh-picked cherry tomato wrapped in a large fresh-picked sweet basil leaf! Mmmmm I could almost become a vegetarian during times like these if it were not for prime rib and of course bacon!
My corn is as tall as my shin and my tomato plants are so dried up even the rabbits wont eat them. Soybean never made it out the of the ground and at this point when I get home I'm thankfull not for yield, but the fact it didn't catch fire while I was gone.
Wookster is online now Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:21 AM
Montana Transplant
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
[QUOTE=Waldopepperaxe;22526452]Thats great DOG now you'll have to break it in properly with a good ol roadtrip

I'm sure it was all the tension from the rolling loops for sure, as just pulling a pin straight out doesn't require a whole lot of torque actually. but with enough pressure I'm sure it was fighting it all the way as if the glider had enough torque to stop the kadet dead in its tracks It was yarning on that line something fierce.

Haven't been building a thing way too busy for such luxury's we just took our house off the market and are going to try a different agent and company. That would be great to see a vid of the production your involved with and especially all the props you built I'm sure they look fantastic.

MT Those are awesome Pics and does the ISS leave a trail tail like that ? I've never seen the ISS pass by Or at least never knew it was the ISS if it did.[/QUOTE]

NO the ISS does not leave a trail... these are time exposures as it is so dark out... 30 sec @ 3.5f ISO 3200 18mm lens

go to
http://spaceweather.com/flybys/

put in your zip code and see what comes flying by
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:49 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,749 Posts
WELL HAPPY BIRTHDAY KERWIN50
Did you ground K49 again by the way haven't seen him in a bit

Thanks for the link Mt And I thought it might have been a time lapse thing

Wookster sorry to hear the produce is low and glad to hear its just low and not a blaze our cornfield right now has corn well over my head at least 12 foot but its all cow corn

Snowman you can even make a basil leaf sound mouth watering and I kid you not as I drool all over my keyboard lol
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe