David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:49 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,865 Posts
Snowman no lol none of that :P I can't fly until Saturday so like yourself I live vicariously through these weekday flyers so I'm building contraptions for other planes and just re ran fuel lines on my edge in hopes of finally being able to put this thing through the paces of an edge this week, just discharged the giant P-47 and giant Tripe for their first flights of the this season .

Kerwin50 dang that Kerwin49 lol
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:21 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,522 Posts
Wouldn't you know it I went to fly and does damn leccys have got dead batteries. Now I'm trying to charge them but I don't think I'll make it. dark is coming to fast.
Waldo try running the edge with out her cowl. I'm wondering if she's overheating.
You may also have a built up of castor oil in the engine which will cause the same issue.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:07 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Wouldn't you know it I went to fly and does damn leccys have got dead batteries. Now I'm trying to charge them but I don't think I'll make it. dark is coming to fast.
Waldo try running the edge with out her cowl. I'm wondering if she's overheating.
You may also have a built up of castor oil in the engine which will cause the same issue.
How do you clean that out Kerwin?
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:24 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,971 Posts
Sorry snowy all my planes, yes all, are on the workbench at the moment. The 48 edge has to have the original power system put back in. I broke the motor mount on the little tech one foamy on saturday. Im rebuilding the smoke system on the slick as well as fixing the tail wheel. All of that needs to be done before Monday.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:31 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,614 Posts
Hey guys, long time, no visit. It's a long story. Anyway, I've nearly ran my phone down reading posts trying to catch back up. So, I gave up. Great stories though, what I did read. Gotta say, you guys make me sick though as I've only touched the sticks once this year. Great experience that day.

Anyway, I've finally managed to finish the twist model I was working on, but flight is still a battle. I've lost the couple AVs I got from here since then. I'm now working on a 33% Krill Katana. The model is finished and I'm working on physics for it as well. I'm having trouble getting weights for the beast. Got a couple threads out asking for help, but no response yet. So, if any of you guys have have experience with a similar model, or that specific model, I'm looking for weights of wings, stabs, and fuselage (wet and dry).

Enough about me. Keep the stories coming.
abaser is online now Find More Posts by abaser
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:45 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,522 Posts
Well Wayne I'm pretty old school. I like using an old crock pot on low and antifreeze, though I've heard tell dawn power dissolver works real good as well as some other cleaners out there. Though I've never used those.

Well guys I did manage to sneak out for a quick flight. I had one battery come up fairly quick.
now while it was alittle on the dark side I played plowboy. Meaning I kept her in low an close.
I even did a few low harriers and attempts at hovering.

O snowy if I was up there just think of the trouble I'd get you into. Like hovering over the boys at football pratice out side your house.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:24 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,415 Posts
Can't fly during the week anymore. Momma works evenings and I used to take my daughter to the local park and fly the heli, but times have changed. for one, she can run now. The other problem is she loves the heli. She claps and says "Yeeeah" when it flies. Normally that would be great, except for the running part, and the heli has to land. Shes got a bad habit now, when the heli lands she runs up to it, pointing at it saying "uhhh-ohhh" Just too worried i won't get her in time and she is going to run into the rotor. that could probably do some damage to a 1 year old. So no weekday flying, at least on the weekends momma can wrangle the little co-pilot.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:32 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Wow, this place has really slowed down??? Is nobody flying???? Dog days of summer and you don't have it in ya????? Didn't take your multi-vitamin???? Just getting old????? Tired of the same ol off-topic banter???? Your doctor told you to take it easy????? You're in the doghouse????? Your bladder is weak and dare not stray from modern conveniences???? Constipated???? Broke????? Low Testosterone????? There's a bully at the field and he won't leave you alone????? You're just in a rut???? You're depressed cause you figure you should be further ahead in life by now???? You've entered into the last stages of development according to Erik Erickson such as Generativity vs. Self absorption or Stagnation or perhaps Integrity vs. Despair?????? You've given up on life and you've decided to end it all?????? (There's help.....please call 211) OR maybe you've won the mega millions lottery and are busy spending your new found wealth? Just keep in mind that there are those of us that live vicariously through your adventures.....live life dag nabbit!!!
YES, and not only that, I got tired blood, flat feet, my nose runs and my feet smell ........................................... And I haven't figured how to stuff 48 hours into 24 ......... Yet.
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:32 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,591 Posts
Oh yeah, and I'm out of waffles and bacon!!!!
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:39 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,971 Posts
I'll mail you some if you don't mind the freshness factor of -10 days or so
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:05 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,522 Posts
Just bring her up to our field wookster. We'll watch her while you fly
Abaser it's great to hear from you.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:45 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,865 Posts
Hey Kerwin I did run the engine without the cowl and actually it overheated extremely quick, Never even tried to fly it, so maybe I was running it a little too lean even though I set the HSN back to its original starting position for a break in so I was thinking maybe a fuel line was pinched slightly or something like that. the engine has maybe 20 -30 minutes of run time at the most as it was in my ME-109 and that thing only flew one 6 or 7 minute flight the rest of the times maybe 2 minutes from starting it up to its take off crashes LOL but the first day I had it on the Edge it ran perfect and didn't crash then the 2nd time I took it off it was flying great until the HSN holder unscrewed itself and it hasn't run right since. so I made sure the fuel inlet hole on the needle holder is back in line with the fuel inlet nipple and just changed all the fuel lines out and got rid of the fuel filler also so I guess I'll see what that does next and go from there, Maybe the LSN needs to be pulled out and blown clean or something it has hit the dirt and corn about 15 times in the 2 years I've owned it lol so maybe that 1 long flight I had on it with the edge finally got a piece of debris caught in there or something. God Only knows.

Nomatta if you sleep for a full 24 hours and then wake up and do everything you were supposed to do for the next 24 hours you've just crammed 48 hours worth of work into 24 hours good luck to you on that

BACON!!!!! Dang it!!!! my wife called and said to throw the bacon on last night and we would have BLT's well when I got home I started pulling out the food to prep and realized we were Lettuceless So I called her back to tell her to get some lettuce, and she said oh well we'll do the leftover chicken and stuffed potatos from Omaha steaks then ,,, Which was good, but still, I was all horny for bacon LOLOL

Abaser Great to see you again man now stick around a little lol

Brathanke what smoke system do you have a again ? Is it a sullivan Skywriter ?

What smoke systems have you guys used and whats a good recommendation For a 91 and or a zenoah 26cc

Wookster great fun with the 1 year old LOL our 18 month old grandson visited me at our field last week and couldn't take his eyes off the flying thingys but didn't care much for the roar of the engines LOL so the wife had to hold him up in the air.
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:08 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,971 Posts
Waldo... when in doubt check it out You got some gremlins you need to track down and slay. I'm using the TME smart smoker pro. It is feature rich and seems to get the job done ok but I haven't sorted out my system yet. I don't think my problem has anything to do with the pump. I think I screwed up on my plumbing lol.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:19 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Hey Kerwin I did run the engine without the cowl and actually it overheated extremely quick, Never even tried to fly it, so maybe I was running it a little too lean even though I set the HSN back to its original starting position for a break in so I was thinking maybe a fuel line was pinched slightly or something like that. the engine has maybe 20 -30 minutes of run time at the most as it was in my ME-109 and that thing only flew one 6 or 7 minute flight the rest of the times maybe 2 minutes from starting it up to its take off crashes LOL but the first day I had it on the Edge it ran perfect and didn't crash then the 2nd time I took it off it was flying great until the HSN holder unscrewed itself and it hasn't run right since. so I made sure the fuel inlet hole on the needle holder is back in line with the fuel inlet nipple and just changed all the fuel lines out and got rid of the fuel filler also so I guess I'll see what that does next and go from there, Maybe the LSN needs to be pulled out and blown clean or something it has hit the dirt and corn about 15 times in the 2 years I've owned it lol so maybe that 1 long flight I had on it with the edge finally got a piece of debris caught in there or something. God Only knows.

Nomatta if you sleep for a full 24 hours and then wake up and do everything you were supposed to do for the next 24 hours you've just crammed 48 hours worth of work into 24 hours good luck to you on that

BACON!!!!! Dang it!!!! my wife called and said to throw the bacon on last night and we would have BLT's well when I got home I started pulling out the food to prep and realized we were Lettuceless So I called her back to tell her to get some lettuce, and she said oh well we'll do the leftover chicken and stuffed potatos from Omaha steaks then ,,, Which was good, but still, I was all horny for bacon LOLOL

Abaser Great to see you again man now stick around a little lol

Brathanke what smoke system do you have a again ? Is it a sullivan Skywriter ?

What smoke systems have you guys used and whats a good recommendation For a 91 and or a zenoah 26cc

Wookster great fun with the 1 year old LOL our 18 month old grandson visited me at our field last week and couldn't take his eyes off the flying thingys but didn't care much for the roar of the engines LOL so the wife had to hold him up in the air.
Funny stuff, our little monkey is fearless. She likes to stand behind the planes when we are starting them on the bench. Then momma takes her to her blanket and they watch me fly. Whenever my plane comes by I can hear a little voice behind me yelling "da-deee da-dee yaaaaaay!!" I figure the best way to get flying time is to keep the little one interested.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster