SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:40 AM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
Ok I wasn't gonna say anything about the WOS... but here are the photos anyway....
Great people, great field, and lot's of fun...

Thanks Chris and family for inviting us...

We are on the road again... should be in Idaho later today... smoke is getting worst by the mile... many forest fires going on around us.
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:41 AM
nothing
Joined Jan 2011
933 Posts
Wayne my Lt 40 has a Thunder Tigre pro.46 on it. Plenty of power for a trainer even in wind conditions.
Kerwin49 is online now Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:45 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,144 Posts
Great pics Daniel.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:58 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Waldo - I don't know what that is. I think he said it was a DR VII. He did a lot of homebrew on it. A club member was flying it and one wheel fell off in flight and then the gear came off on the landing.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:33 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I like the pictures, especially the ISS.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:35 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwin49 View Post
Wayne my Lt 40 has a Thunder Tigre pro.46 on it. Plenty of power for a trainer even in wind conditions.
That's good. I thought I was going to have to trade him an Evo 61 to put on it. I think I will take the Evo 61 off the Alpha 60 and put a 91FX on it. I have just about convinced myself that it would be a lot of fun.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:36 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
BTW - The guy paid $200 for the 1/4 Cub RTF with a CRRC 40cc gasser in it and a mejlik 20x8 cf prop.
Last edited by waynemia; Aug 13, 2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:42 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,144 Posts
We had a guy show up to the field on Saturday with a big Ultimate bipe. I am guessing it is normally the 50cc size but he had a 112cc engine in it. It was pretty awesome! He said he had the same plane before with a 60cc motor in it that weighed 2 pounds more and it flew great. This one climbed like a homesick angel at half throttle. I'm guessing he would probly have a flight failure at full throttle lol.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:51 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
BTW - The guy paid $200 for the 1/4 Cub RTF with a CRRC 40cc gasser in it and a mejlik 20x8 cf prop.
wow - that means he paid for the prop and got the plane and engine for free, or at least something close to that anyway.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:16 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Waldo - I don't know what that is. I think he said it was a DR VII. He did a lot of homebrew on it. A club member was flying it and one wheel fell off in flight and then the gear came off on the landing.
Oh well it sure looks like a DR-1 Fokker Tri to me I'd bet my whole $15.00 on it LOL I had my Gear banged up a couple times on the landing it really isn't that great a design for the bird but works just fine, Most people did a Mod on the landing gear and mad a spring tension system in there, I was to anxious by that point to do it and just wanted to get her in the air. Its been no problem really, even on our bumpy arse runway just a big beautiful flying machine for sure.

Great Pics Mt nice field too and be proud of the walk of shame

Nate that must have been something to watch for sure I love those Bipes especially over kill powered ones LOL
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:32 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Oh well it sure looks like a DR-1 Fokker Tri to me I'd bet my whole $15.00 on it LOL I had my Gear banged up a couple times on the landing it really isn't that great a design for the bird but works just fine, Most people did a Mod on the landing gear and mad a spring tension system in there, I was to anxious by that point to do it and just wanted to get her in the air. Its been no problem really, even on our bumpy arse runway just a big beautiful flying machine for sure.
Slow but I am catching on. It is a bi-plane for sure, for sure.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:24 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,413 Posts
Snowdog... Having Daniel show up for a fun fly is one of the best things to do at an event....

Great pics Daniel, safe travels on the Road.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:27 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,382 Posts
They all say that they're not going to say anything about your WOS, but as soon as you turn your back on 'em and start walking out to your plane.....you can hear 'em busily snapping shots on their camera or worse yet.......providing a play by play commentary on video! Isn't that right Waldo and Kerwin? Have they no shame????

mt_flyer.....those are some nice pics you have there! Looks like an awesome field too!

Hitec, is going to send me a free receiver.......man am I glad I discovered that promotion when visiting one of the sites Kerwin sent me! You would think that Tower would advertise these promotions, but on the other hand that's so many less receivers they would be selling! Thanks for the heads up Kerwin!

I got a call this morning from a man from Virginia, who got my name from a friend of a friend........he said he's up here for two more weeks and would love to go flying! Wow, I'll have flown with two people this year on my home turf.......that's awesome.

Happy flying!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Aug 13, 2012, 03:14 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
759 Posts
It has taken us about 7 years of nurturing to get that field like that. Almost like a fairway now. The mountains in the back make it that much better. Too bad there is so much smoke hindering that view.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Aug 13, 2012, 04:08 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
They all say that they're not going to say anything about your WOS, but as soon as you turn your back on 'em and start walking out to your plane.....you can hear 'em busily snapping shots on their camera or worse yet.......providing a play by play commentary on video! Isn't that right Waldo and Kerwin? Have they no shame????
I hollered at the guy to leave his plane there until I could get a picture. I had it on facebook before he could get back to the pits. I just thought it was cool that it was sitting on it's nose like that.

We don't have irrigation at our field and the heat/drought has been killing us. Rained yesterday, .07".