Wow that is seriously fast lol
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:04 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,594 Posts
Thanks, Waldo, takes me back. Used to drag race in the late 60's and early 70's. Wheelie wagons, jet cars, the first funny cars. I saw some of the first top fuel burnouts. A wild time.
NoMatta is online now Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:25 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Wow that is seriously fast lol
Dude....seriously....if you've never seen the FireBreathingDragons then you have to make sure you do.

.....nothin like it in the world.

....and if you ever get a chance to see SHOCKWAVE at an airshow....make sure you do. Nothin like seein a 18wheeler goin 300 mph with 3 afterburners on!!!
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Last edited by Dad_Roman; Aug 06, 2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:37 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,524 Posts
It was another great day with mr an mrs snowy. It was really windy today an tomorrow we're all suppose to go out in the boat and then while the girls go blue berry pickin snowy and are are goona do some flyin.
fly low my friends fly low
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:38 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,524 Posts
O BTW it was snowy lathering up with the glow fuel not me LOL
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:48 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I thought we had the neck strap thing settled back on post 11747.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=11747

Put the motors back on the Pizza Box and Flip Flop. I lost a CF brace on the FF banging it around the other day so I replaced it. Finished off the batteries I started the other day. Did some trimming. I consider myself a stick and RUDDER pilot but these things are really rudder fliers. They like to fly slow and they don't really have wings so banking can cause a stall if you are not careful. They also fly around with the nose in the air, kind of like a TT on landing. The PB still has some roll in it. I may have to look at the lateral balance again. I did a little better tonight -- landing a little more gracefully except when I flew the PB into the Crepe Mertle.

My little GP YAK54 has been out of commission a while too. I fixed it up last week and took it out tonight. I forgot how touch it was, evenn on low rates. I put a little more expo in it and it is flying nice again.

It has been a while since I have had this much stuff flying. (I won't call them all planes.) I have two more foamies in progress. I might take some of these to the swapmeet Saturday.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:59 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Perseid Meteor Shower

Saturday night we should be able to observe the Perseid Meteor Shower starting about 11pm, the sky will be dark enough to see a lot of meteors, the estimate is about 50 per hour that is a lot of wishes. You will be able to see them all night. You will also be able to see them on Sunday night but Saturday is supposed to be the peak as I understand it.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:02 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
The Amarillo Dragway used to have rails and funny cars and stuff. One of my teachers was married to one of the drivers whose name escapes me.

The NHRA nationals were held there once I think. - I checked. November 1972 the NHRA World Finals. I reported to Fort Knox for basic in June.

I never made it out there.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:08 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,246 Posts
We will be driving back to PA Sat night, maybe we will see some on the drive.

I am an hour from St. Louis and Carbondale Illinois, there appear to be no hobby shops anywhere.... Times are tough.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:35 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,796 Posts
Hello, so I have a twist .40 that just landed in my lap. Its a broken bird, old guy that gave it to me smacked it into a pole and I need to do some wing and a little fuse surgery. Left me 3 servo's and the gas tank in it though which is nice. So, I'm just learning about this plane, looks like it has quite the following. I've never tried to fly anything remotely 3d so it will be a learning curve. I don't even know if I have a rev 1 or 2 yet. Just started looking at this thread so bear with me...
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:47 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
Hello, so I have a twist .40 that just landed in my lap. Its a broken bird, old guy that gave it to me smacked it into a pole and I need to do some wing and a little fuse surgery. Left me 3 servo's and the gas tank in it though which is nice. So, I'm just learning about this plane, looks like it has quite the following. I've never tried to fly anything remotely 3d so it will be a learning curve. I don't even know if I have a rev 1 or 2 yet. Just started looking at this thread so bear with me...
\

Its a great starter plane. Its not a true 3D Plane, its sort of a fun fly /3D trainer, I think once you get her fixed up you will see how fun it can be. Welcome to the um... Crew.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:58 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMatta View Post
Thanks, Waldo, takes me back. Used to drag race in the late 60's and early 70's. Wheelie wagons, jet cars, the first funny cars. I saw some of the first top fuel burnouts. A wild time.
That musta been Great Nomatta very cool indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Dude....seriously....if you've never seen the FireBreathingDragons then you have to make sure you do.

.....nothin like it in the world.

....and if you ever get a chance to see SHOCKWAVE at an airshow....make sure you do. Nothin like seein a 18wheeler goin 300 mph with 3 afterburners on!!!
I need to see Shockwave yet I have a vid of the Truck with afterburners on it I'll be posting tomorrow that thing knocked out the sound on my camera its so loud LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I thought we had the neck strap thing settled back on post 11747.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=11747
It has been a while since I have had this much stuff flying. (I won't call them all planes.) I have two more foamies in progress. I might take some of these to the swapmeet Saturday.
Wayne Great to see you back in the flying almost daily routine again we"ve missed your reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Saturday night we should be able to observe the Perseid Meteor Shower
Very Cool And I expected to see Vids taken from your telescope of the mars landing lol

CONGRATS TO NASA a job well done indeed very cool stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
Hello, so I have a twist .40 that just landed in my lap. I don't even know if I have a rev 1 or 2 yet. Just started looking at this thread so bear with me...
Welcome Seeingeyegod and your in the place you will want to be at. If the bird is Yellow its V1 if its cream colored its V2 all in all you have one helluva fun plane and you are going to love it, This place will answer everything and anything you need to know about to get her in the air. some Pics of the damage could help us help you too, if not we will still get you there climb aboard and join the fun we are a T_ _ _ Ted group but lovable LOL
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:19 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
That musta been Great Nomatta very cool indeed.

I need to see Shockwave yet I have a vid of the Truck with afterburners on it I'll be posting tomorrow that thing knocked out the sound on my camera its so loud LOL

Wayne Great to see you back in the flying almost daily routine again we"ve missed your reports

Very Cool And I expected to see Vids taken from your telescope of the mars landing lol

CONGRATS TO NASA a job well done indeed very cool stuff

Welcome Seeingeyegod and your in the place you will want to be at. If the bird is Yellow its V1 if its cream colored its V2 all in all you have one helluva fun plane and you are going to love it, This place will answer everything and anything you need to know about to get her in the air. some Pics of the damage could help us help you too, if not we will still get you there climb aboard and join the fun we are a T_ _ _ Ted group but lovable LOL
Hey thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah I guess its a V2 then, cream with graphics and red wing bottoms. I will post up with pics later tonight or tomorrow Probably will be awhile before I have the funds to finish it, most likely a winter project.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Aug 06, 2012, 11:15 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,594 Posts
Welcome Seeing... I see we live in the same neighborhood. If you get into too much trouble, PM me and we'll talk. Where do you fly??

Waldo, Yeah, I have seen the Shockwave at an airshow and it is just completely crazy.
NoMatta is online now Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:02 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Man I cannot keep up with his thread, lol.....you guys are hilarious!!

Getting ready for my motorcycle trip around lake Michigan....we leave Thursday am which unfortunately looks like rain most of the day, lol After that though, the weather looks awesome! Can't wait to get to the U.P.....

Looks like we will be staying in Traverse City the first night, Escanaba, MI the 2nd night, somewhere south of Green Bay the third (Sheboygan, WI) and home the fourth. My arse is gonna be sore, lol

Snowy you are going to be gone in Wisconsin for a fly in correct??

On a side note, been flying the crap out of my Slick and having a ball with it....getting very comfy with it...almost too comfy, hehe.
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1