HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:23 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
It just studders at startup then it is ok until the prop stops turning. Pretty sure it is timing. Does it without a prop so it is not the prop load. I soldered the motor wires to the speed controller and I know they are OK.

The battery is a 460mah 3s so it is pretty small. I will do a better job centering it and see if that fixes the roll problem. I have the recommended prop and motor size on it. It is more of a constant deal rather than a power-on thing.

I would get matching connectors for the battery and speed controller. I would not risk a poor connection or having the plugs come loose and risk the plane.
Wayne,

The airboss ESC's from Extreme flight do a similar thing (just an inherent design thing). The recommended way to eliminate it is to set up a flight idle (I actually do that on all of my leccy's as it provides better throttle response and is supposed to be easier on the esc). I set mine up as a mix on the gear switch. Flip it and it goes to idle
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:37 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Willienelsonkerwinalphatrainer! Be safe on the road and grab me a jar of the snowman's BBQ sauce!!

Ron, you be safe too! Wish I were going to that event, it sounds fun and I'd love to win that 89!!

Snowdog...dude, that looks awesome! I am liking the Hell outta that plane!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:41 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,923 Posts
well Kerwin is probably on the road by now Yee haa The event is happening I can't wait to see the Snowman/Kerwin vids that are about to take place.

DOG Have a safe and fun time also and I wish the best of luck with bringing home 3 airframes in tact.

Snowdog that does look awesome and presealed Hinges is a nice touch

A recycle plant had a chemical explosion last night in a town near us so there is now a 1 mile evacuation around the plant and a close your windows and turn off your air conditioner warning in effect for the next 12 hours around the area in a few counties, Figures as its going to be in the 90's today with high humidity I feel sorry for the firefighters and people close to that plant, I think the wind is blowing North west from the plant a little so I think My town is safe but we fall under the close windows perimeter for now.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:55 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
A recycle plant had a chemical explosion last night in a town near us so there is now a 1 mile evacuation around the plant and a close your windows and turn off your air conditioner warning in effect for the next 12 hours around the area in a few counties, Figures as its going to be in the 90's today with high humidity I feel sorry for the firefighters and people close to that plant, I think the wind is blowing North west from the plant a little so I think My town is safe but we fall under the close windows perimeter for now.
Wow...chemical explosion...not fun...hope you don't have to start wearing gas masks
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:56 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,022 Posts
I echo waldo on the be safe out there comments. Most of all though... You be safe Waldo... Id hate for you to lose your skin or worse.... your hair
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:06 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,224 Posts
Chemical explosion? Isn't that what Wookster was talking about? Waldo loosing all that hair? I wonder what he'd look like in a brush-cut with no facial hair?

Kerwin is on the road! I don't even have my batteries charged! My camera batteries are dead! So much to do.......so little time!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:23 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Chemical explosion? Isn't that what Wookster was talking about? Waldo loosing all that hair? I wonder what he'd look like in a brush-cut with no facial hair?

Kerwin is on the road! I don't even have my batteries charged! My camera batteries are dead! So much to do.......so little time!
explosion, small leak, all depends on what you are after. Just gotta be careful. If you run too much pressure through the line you can damage an o-ring.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:41 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,923 Posts
Thanks for the concern Guys and I've been thinking about doing the ol buzz cut anyway But I just can't do it yet LOL

Well they've upped the radius to 15 miles and were 14.30 miles from the plant LOL So now I'm glad I closed the windows and turned off the AC before I left for work this morning, I'm currently about 24 miles from the plant at work, I wonder if I'm going to come home to a 15 foot tall Chihuahua though he's gonna be hungry heres whats going on in our nape of the woods neck of the way http://www.news10.com/story/19174539...-fire-in-ghent

Snowman Charge the Batts and that BBQ sauce better be simmering also you don't want an angry Kerwinalpha50 on your hands Somehow I picture an angry bird pecking at the top of Snowmans head.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:06 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,923 Posts
Oh By the way Snowman I printed out your recipe but I don't think I'll be BBQing tonight

Maybe we should start a T_ _ _ Ted recipe thread for all the great recipes everyone seems to offer kinda like our T_ _ _ T mods thread. I wonder if we can do that here
maybe we could if we made it like a recipe thread to use for all RC Fly-in and fun fly events to feed the masses.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,224 Posts
The sauce is reducing as I write this........the lawn is mowed........the workshop is still pretty messy and I have to load the boat with trolling motor, fishing gear, life jackets, fuel tanks, signaling flares, fire extinguisher........all that stuff you take out at the end of the summer......has to go back in. (Kerwin will probably chicken out once he sees my boat anyway.......lol ) Ribs for supper tonight (heck, if I'm making 3 quarts of sauce I'm putting it on something tonight too! Besides, Kerwin won't arrive until late.)
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,224 Posts
Waldo......I believe I posted my recipe on All Recipes.com........under dadof7 the recipe being "Uncle Stu's Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce".

When you stop at the fast food joint for your meals today.....you should make sure the food hasn't been bathing in chemical fallout! *Course, that might improve the quality*
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:23 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Oh By the way Snowman I printed out your recipe but I don't think I'll be BBQing tonight

Maybe we should start a T_ _ _ Ted recipe thread for all the great recipes everyone seems to offer kinda like our T_ _ _ T mods thread. I wonder if we can do that here
maybe we could if we made it like a recipe thread to use for all RC Fly-in and fun fly events to feed the masses.
I like the idea, My BB-Q doesn't have any real unique sauce to it, here in KC your best sauces can be found in the grocery store ( Fiorella's, Gates, Oklahoma Joes). I do take K.C. Masterpiece (the ketchup of BB-q) and add a litle tabasco, pepper, and onion. I still cook some mean pig. Pulled pork for a fly in is always a good idea, cheap meat to cook and easy to bring out for sandwiches.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:52 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,224 Posts
For this bunch of T_ _ _taholics......one would need a good sized pig, a small flock of chickens, and two sides of black Angus for good measure. A few barrels of ice cold beer, some soda pop, and OGD for when the flying is done and bull starts flying! Count me in!
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:29 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,923 Posts
Snowman that's awesome and as long as there isn't a banjo leaning up in a corner on your boat Kerwin shouldn't be scared lol and now I remember you saying you posted that recipe on line very cool. I thought Kerwin wasn't going to be there until tomorrow night man you better get movin and start gathering those goods for our gathering in the central US I'm in too especially with that menu

Wookster if it makes your mouth happy that's all that matters and you made my mouth water just now lol

It looks like the big safety warning has been lifted air is ok and the chihuahua is still the same size but still hungry lol
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:36 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Wayne,

The airboss ESC's from Extreme flight do a similar thing (just an inherent design thing). The recommended way to eliminate it is to set up a flight idle (I actually do that on all of my leccy's as it provides better throttle response and is supposed to be easier on the esc). I set mine up as a mix on the gear switch. Flip it and it goes to idle
I have done that, I just don't like it.

Finished the FlipFlop. Too hot outside to try it out.

108 today.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia