SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:48 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,463 Posts
Going to fly the new and improved twist tomorrow at my home field. Should be a good time. gotta get the kerwins to come down here for an event sometime. Hope to have a good morning flying, then it's onto smoking an 18 pound brisket from 4pm saturday to arounf 3-5pm sunday. She's been injected with Wookster secret sauce (get yer mind out of the gutter) and will soak in the spicy sweet goodness till cook time. Working on creating my own barbecue sauce this time as the store boughts arent cutting it. Hope to combine the sweet mollases of our KC style with a little pepper and honey and a spicy injection. Hope it goes well. I hate ruining a $50 piece of meat.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:01 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
The kerwins
I love it lol
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:54 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
LOL - It took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about when you said "Snowman mug"...I think you were referring to that red-suited, white-bearded thing sitting on my workshelf in a few of the pictures? That is actually a candle holder...every once in a while I light a candle in the workshop...most often after the cat has made a visit to her litter box in the basement while I'm working. So it is a year-round item for me Now of course I will think of Snowy every time I light it.

Snowman, if your beard ever feels warm or like it's "on fire" you'll know that I just lit my workshop candle.

Ron,
Someday when we get together, I'll let you have on pull on mine. .
This is the Twistaholic thread, not a hookup site! Now I don't care what you boys do but stick to PMs please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Good thing you're married to a health professional!
Well, she didn't stop me from getting fat either!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Should haz sunscreen.
Did have some, slathered it all over, but it is only waterproof for 90 min.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
They need to make a sun screen that has 0 smell, or one that smells like motor oil, anything but cocco butter and shay what have you.
Gravy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Alan I always lather up with alittle glow fuel works great for sun burns and k49 thinks I smell sexy.
Roflmao!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:17 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
755 Posts
Gravy fixes everything.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:40 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
755 Posts
Went online to find a manual on the Thunder Tiger carb. Yup, wouldn't you know, idle screw. Backed it out a turn and I now can shut it off. Thanks for all the input fellers.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:55 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
Gravy fixes everything.
Short of being attacked by buzzing pests and the passing by wild animal.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jul 28, 2012, 01:09 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Went online to find a manual on the Thunder Tiger carb. Yup, wouldn't you know, idle screw. Backed it out a turn and I now can shut it off. Thanks for all the input fellers.
You can just take the idle stop screw off on many engines. You don't need them anyway.

Five students at the field this morning. I made about 14 flights with them.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Jul 28, 2012, 01:43 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Nice work Wayne! Way to give back!! I salute you sir!
Old Jul 28, 2012, 03:04 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,302 Posts
You guys are starting to make a guy wonder........isn't gravy nothing more than a condiment?

Kerwin is coming, Kerwin is coming! I've got to get a hold of the butcher and put in my order.....I forgot to ask if he or his wife are vegetarians......My God!....WHAT IF THEY REALLY ARE VEGETARIANS??? I'll just have to convert them....I guess.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jul 28, 2012, 03:09 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Nice work Wayne! Way to give back!! I salute you sir!
It is cheaper to fly other people's planes. I just went from plane to plane for about four hours. Not much break time.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Jul 28, 2012, 03:10 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
My 57 is no longer virgin
Very Cool And Yes Its snot flying time

Quote:
Snowy I sure you'll have no problem there. Flying, fishing, working on planes, and just shooting the bull.
Well when the Snowman and I had our visit we flew for a couple hours and the rest of the time we were just shootin the breeze hanging at the house, I had an awesome time and hope he wasn't bored LOL Snowman is very entertaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
Going to fly the new and improved twist tomorrow at my home field. then it's onto smoking an 18 pound brisket
Well good luck to that and for some reason that sounds way better than the Bagel I just had LOL

Quote:
Gravy fixes everything.
Damn Straight !!!!!!!!

Quote:
Very cool

Plow Just have the Wife slap the red parts and you'll get over the pain a little quicker

Well we had a great turn out today T_ _ _ Ted my Butt off and flew 3 other planes as well all in all a great day!!!

Awesome Concert last night with the Allmans and Santana especially when The Allmans came out and jammed with them JUst pure entertainment and both had killer sound I'll post some pics later this week if any came out good
Carry on and Happy flying we have the Grandson overnight tonight
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jul 28, 2012, 04:12 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
vegetarians!!!!! Now we'll not have such filthy talk on this fourm. O no.
Yes the cabin has been reserved and we are leaving thursday morning.
The Green machine has been retired till then. After all if I can't get snowy hooked on Leccy's then I'll get him hooked on Gas.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jul 28, 2012, 05:00 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,302 Posts
Kerwin, are you driving straight through or spending a night on the road?
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jul 28, 2012, 05:03 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
You guys are starting to make a guy wonder........isn't gravy nothing more than a condiment?

Kerwin is coming, Kerwin is coming! I've got to get a hold of the butcher and put in my order.....I forgot to ask if he or his wife are vegetarians......My God!....WHAT IF THEY REALLY ARE VEGETARIANS??? I'll just have to convert them....I guess.
We make you wonder... you act like that is something new?
tofu burgers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
It is cheaper to fly other people's planes. I just went from plane to plane for about four hours. Not much break time.
And if they have Leccy planes, you ddont have to worry about charging them.... I like that.

Quote:
vegetarians!!!!! Now we'll not have such filthy talk on this fourm. O no.
Yes the cabin has been reserved and we are leaving thursday morning.
The Green machine has been retired till then. After all if I can't get snowy hooked on Leccy's then I'll get him hooked on Gas.
Kerwin... We all have Gas..

So I shall be Twistin tomorrow at the Club. Doug has an old yeller, I talked him out of putting the Evo 26cc Gasser on it a while back.... 19 inch prop is not going to clear. He has a new K&B 61 mounted up.

Goal is to first get the CG so there is no trim in the elevator. We are going to then dial in the lateral balance. Then do a powered up line to check thrust, and do a power off dive to see how the incidence all plays out.

Then take it out and do all the knife edge mixing in the radio. The goal will be to make it as best behaved as possible.

I never really did that with mine and since it was electric converted, It would not have been a fair test.
Anyway, just another science experiment to see how the twist will perform.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jul 28, 2012, 05:57 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Ron, you could also run her straight and level at WOT and then chop throttle right in front of you. That will also tell you a lot about the thrust angle, ideally you will want her to rise, but not too sharply. You probably already know that one, but for the benefit of people tuning in for info, there you go. Lol