HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:41 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,963 Posts
Chris, I'm glad you guys got to play... I hope you didn't get to see him wreck a plane or anything like you did when visiting me . The A9 is pretty sweet

I am glad I got what parts of the edge that I did. The thing that sux the most is that I won't be able to sell it to anyone else now either. I guess that means I have to fly the snot out of it myself It is repairable... the only difficulty is in locating where the wing tube and forward anti rotation pin goes since he didn't have the sense to keep the pieces. The pattern is left on the covering though so I think I can get it really close and the wing tube itself will help it go in straight. I just hope it flies good when I am done. It shouldn't gain too much weight. I plan on doing it just like how it came with the addition of a few little bracing pieces.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:45 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,522 Posts
Nate I'd get a robart incendent meter and set your stab at zero then set your wings to zero
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXET66&P=8
I could loan you mine but you'd have to pay shipping on it both ways and not keep it very long as I use it alot
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:52 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,963 Posts
NoMatta you snuck that in on me. Nice flying and sweet plane I love the stuka sound I was expecting machine guns and a bomb drop any second
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:55 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,522 Posts
Rise an Shine everyone rise an shine.
It's Flyday Of course most of the Missouri boys are either in church or sleeping in. So we don't fly till evening. It's just too hot in the afternoon.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:59 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Rise an Shine everyone rise an shine.
Up since 5 bro

Done checked the water level, airport lighting, new radio tower construction progress, and been to one major wreck (kid fell asleep)

Not bad for a Sunday mornin, done before 730
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:26 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Bob, that vid does my heart good, but for some reason my left hand is tingling?!
Glad to hear that Dan (Waay) is back at the field. Tell him I would love to buy back the racer and pay for shipping if he would consider selling her back to me.

Shane, congrats on the promotion! Hope you and Mrs. Diddy had a great visit with your boy. Yes, let's talk soon on the "project"!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:34 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,119 Posts
Excellent video, NoMatta! You really need to convert that baby to nitro for longer flight times!

Once again it's too hot to fly! Even the bees haven't been doing their job in the garden.....so I've been out there with a dusting brush doing work on the zucchini and cucumbers every morning.

Kerwin.....you should fly nitro more.......it's a blast!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:00 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,601 Posts
I made snowy laugh

Kerwin edit'd in
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:10 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,522 Posts
Dad my wife an I sure appreciate you and the fellows. You guys are always the 1st ones to respond and save lives.

Snowy after I spilled alittle nitro and K49 got all googlie eyed I'm now alittle scared.
Just kidding yeah I'm twistless for the time being and momma says I can't buy anym,ore plane stuff till I get me a new set of dentures.
It seems that my mouth now resembles that of a hens ass. Gotta keep looking fine for momma.
Right now I need a twist fuse and a muffler for the OS 61.
I really like gasoline nowdays though. It's a blast as well and it keeps K49 at a distasnce.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:25 AM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,591 Posts
Not to worry, Snowman, that was just the shakedown flight. Usually start out low on the timer, then adjust. That was about half a pack. Us old guys just don't have the concentration, nerves, nor bladder capacity necessary for 20 minute flights.
NoMatta is online now Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:32 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,963 Posts
I stayed up late last night... Real late... I posted this on the 48" edge thread before getting a few hours of shut-eye:

I relied on a scant bit of balsa in the relevant areas and the holes in the covering. Everything lined up pretty well. Cutting in the new balsa for the sides was the main challenge. Then adding in the ply to reinforce the wing tube and bolt areas was a tad bit tricky. All in all not a bad night's work. I started at about 11:00 pm and it's then after 3:00 now. I just couldn't sleep until it was done haha. I still have to straighten out the covering on the sides of the fuse and I haven't decided whether I'm going to try and fix the left aileron or not... It isn't going to hurt much being left how it is with just the very end crunched in a bit. Anyway... I don't feel so bad now I'll just pray it flies halfway decent now
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:53 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,119 Posts
NoMatta, it's good to see you out flying........that's what counts....even if what you're flying is electric.....that can be forgiven.

DR.....you always make me laugh!!!

"....hen's ass." I'll take your word on it Kerwin.....but it don't sound too good. And I reckon you're right.....women probably do prefer their menfolk to have teeth! (Smiley with teeth.....get it!)
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:59 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,601 Posts
Good work Nate

.......hen's ass

All good in the hood
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:59 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
lookin at all you plus guys sure makes me feel like I'm the red headed step child
did you just call me fat?
Wookster is online now Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:07 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50
lookin at all you plus guys sure makes me feel like I'm the red headed step child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
did you just call me fat?
Lol....pretty sure thats leveled at me...Im the trouble maker here

What about green? Anybody got anything against green? Im thinkin of goin the Sponsor route