Joined Jun 2008
4,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlw36 View Post
he was but he ran outta props Wayne lol
ROTFLOL that was great Outlw

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Now that's funny. Maybe need a metal prop and sharpen it.
brilliant we do our share of prop mowing too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Okay....one more secret
Am I a bad influence or what?
Holy cowabunga Dad Just reading your deals I went broke I for sure would be divorced and bankrupt if I even thought of trying that as there are awesome deals in which no man could resist I can just see me explaining to my wife but honey this was only $5.00 that was only $8.00 and her next reply would be but how did you spend $20,000 uhhhhh they had really great deals here come and looked at the packed basement full of treats and then I'd be passing Brathanke as I ran away from my shotgun armed wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Well I put that little coroplast spad back together and flew it for two flights tonight. The 6s setup is a crap ton of power. It still climbs at half throttle and the tail starts fluttering if you get it going very fast. The thing flies like crap but it's still fun
very cool Nate the important word here is FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
Twistaholics I need help.
Wookster does it feel like its wobbling too much or pitching up and down sporatically try knocking your rates down to low when you come in to land, is this the T40 or T60? something sure doesn't seem right I agree, as this plane really flys like a trainer on low rates, Mine balloons a little but speed managment has it landing on the front 2 wheels very softly and I only get about 190 feet of runway to set her in and I never have a problem at all slowing her down. and I don't believe too much power is an issue at all in this bird what prop are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
I was thinking I was grounded because for the likes of me I couldn't find my fuel pump. i mean I looked everywhere. Only to discover it was on the fence post. now imagine that.
LOL I CAN imagine that LOLOLOL I can see you just about giving up and leaning up against the fence and then seeing it saying what the
it is so awesome to hear of all this flying you're doing and what great fun you guys are all having. I love your reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I just went out and ran a mile. The whole time I was thinking it's still pretty warm out... I just checked and it's still 97 degrees outside at 11 pm.
at 97 degrees just bending my pinky finger to wipe my brow makes me sweat lol
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:20 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,494 Posts
wayne - is your CG on this plane 6.5"?
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:21 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,006 Posts
Well I picked up my PTE from the welding shop just barely. The pipes on that muffler look good and strong again. I'm guessing it gained half an ounce or so but not big deal. Still doesn't weigh as much as the OS

Now I just have to find time for the plane repairs... haven't done anything beyond think about how I'm going to approach it and buy materials. Hopefully it will go quick once I get started.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:24 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
lets have some pics nate maybe we can all pitch in and get your slick in the air.
BTW did you ever get any money for that plane.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:38 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
lets have some pics nate maybe we can all pitch in and get your slick in the air.
BTW did you ever get any money for that plane.
Haha... no I haven't gotten any money from Sean yet. I trust that guy as far as I can throw him and considering that my back hurts from my little jog last night that is very far
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:39 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,006 Posts
I'll post some pics later this evening. It will probably be pretty late... crazy day and evening today. Speaking of which... I gotta get off RCG and get some stuff done!
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:11 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,186 Posts
Ah, back to where I belong....flying nitro!!!!! I've had my fill of those wimpy electrics that die on ya just when you're getting warmed up!!! Today I took out my Sturdy Birdie and flew to my hearts content. Wisps of Cirrus clouds glided by in front of an azure sky as my old friend fired up with the first bump of the starter. Powered by a Super Tigre 51 the old girl pulled hard at her restraints there on the table. I powered her back and gently lifted her clear of the foam-covered columns and then placed her on the ground in front of me. The old ball field was littered with piles of fencing and posts.....remains of last year's half-hearted attempt to fence in the one, as of yet, fence-less practice field by a disorganized band of Little League parents. I aimed the tail dragger into the wind and added throttle a little at a time until she lifted from the ground with the ease of one sighing a contented sigh. Free from an extended, earth-bound term of imprisonment she readily climbed to revel in the freedom of an unfettered existence. Her engine gulped cylinder upon cylinder of clean, cool air that powered her through every choreographed move with the grace that rivaled the birds she shared the heavens with. Labeled a "trainer" by her earth-bound creators, she knew she had the heart of an acrobat and resultantly put on a great show for absent crowds. She landed and took off, time and again until a shout from the groundskeeper that the fence was soon to be locked, put a halt to the day's flying. I didn't even have time to wipe her down, I placed her in the trunk and gathered my gear as quickly as I could and even then garnered an evil glance from the under-worked and over-paid village worker charged with locking the gate.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,186 Posts
Oh, quick question.......is there a fuel-proof spray that I can buy at the local hardware store that is clear and can be sprayed over paint? Thanks for your helpful comments in advance!
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:36 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Ah, back to where I belong....flying nitro!!!!! I've had my fill of those wimpy electrics that die on ya just when you're getting warmed up!!! Today I took out my Sturdy Birdie and flew to my hearts content. Wisps of Cirrus clouds glided by in front of an azure sky as my old friend fired up with the first bump of the starter. Powered by a Super Tigre 51 the old girl pulled hard at her restraints there on the table. I powered her back and gently lifted her clear of the foam-covered columns and then placed her on the ground in front of me. The old ball field was littered with piles of fencing and posts.....remains of last year's half-hearted attempt to fence in the one, as of yet, fence-less practice field by a disorganized band of Little League parents. I aimed the tail dragger into the wind and added throttle a little at a time until she lifted from the ground with the ease of one sighing a contented sigh. Free from an extended, earth-bound term of imprisonment she readily climbed to revel in the freedom of an unfettered existence. Her engine gulped cylinder upon cylinder of clean, cool air that powered her through every choreographed move with the grace that rivaled the birds she shared the heavens with. Labeled a "trainer" by her earth-bound creators, she knew she had the heart of an acrobat and resultantly put on a great show for absent crowds. She landed and took off, time and again until a shout from the groundskeeper that the fence was soon to be locked, put a halt to the day's flying. I didn't even have time to wipe her down, I placed her in the trunk and gathered my gear as quickly as I could and even then garnered an evil glance from the under-worked and over-paid village worker charged with locking the gate.
wow...just wow...

snowman's impressive, amazing, articulate, facile, fluent, and yes, even silver-tonqued eloquence in describing the liberated, sovereign, emancipated feeling of a free-flying vessel is astonishing, amazing, and inspiring!

Site Sponsor
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:59 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Its an addiction dude...I admit it...Im a 'holic

When I get on a roll I check the classifieds mornin noon and night.

Ill share this with you guys....(DOG already knows )

Go to a Forum you want to watch (say "Fuel Engines"...and any others like "Electric Planes")

Once there, click on the "Forum Tools" at the top.

Click on "Subscribe to Forum"

Do all the forums you want at this point.

When done...go to the top of screen and click "search"

Second from the bottom is "Forum Spy"....Click that.

When that screen comes up there is a small box at the top that says "Only Subscribed Forums" Click that.....

The screen will then scroll through your Subscribed (classifieds)Forums at REALTIME as entries are made. If your sittin around yakkin to the twisters or watchin the tube you can casually watch as ads are placed......
You should have never told me about the "Forum Spy"

It is fascinating to watch new posts go by in my subscribed threads...must stop..press the X and close the window...
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:12 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,904 Posts
Snowman What can I say That was an astounding report as only you can provide us with. I felt like I was right there and actually caught myself in the middle of your court yard watching your beautiful bird soaring around as the royal guard attempted to spoil the joys of a wonderful afternoon. The peasants rejoice !! well done sir

and yes i believe its called Aerogloss clear fuel proof dope. I use it on every plane on the firewall and engine bay and fuel tank areas, it dries fast and protects all the wood from the fuel and strengthens the the wood excellently.
If you really want a strong bird you should try doing a dope and silk wrap one of these days you just don't get a finished product like that in any ARF, you actually coat the entire plane in dope first then apply the silk then brush on coats of dope over the silk until it shrinks perfectly and when its done you have basically bonded your entire plane together as one nice solid structure. Love those finishes and the fringe benefits of getting to treat your nose to the enhancing aroma of dope thinner is just as rewarding as the aroma of Nitro on a flying morning AHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAU33&P=0
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Last edited by Waldopepperaxe; Jul 11, 2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:13 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Oh, quick question.......is there a fuel-proof spray that I can buy at the local hardware store that is clear and can be sprayed over paint? Thanks for your helpful comments in advance!
I am not sure about availability from your local hardware store... I'm using a clear coat from lustercote. It is fuel proof and you can't tell it's there unless you build it up with 4 or 5 coats. I have been pretty impressed with it and it is super easy to apply (point and shoot).

I will look at the can later and see if they announce what the base of the paint is to help guide you in your quest for a locally available alternative. Otherwise you might have to make the pilgrimage to the hated LHS where you can expect sketchy inventory and unfair prices
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:53 PM
The New and Improved:
United States, MO, Cameron
Joined Jan 2011
857 Posts
Wow Snowman, that was beautiful!
thank you!

Kerwin50-I would like for your flight reportsto be more like Snowmans.
Kerwin49 is offline Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:51 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,186 Posts
The folding table that's used for flying is equipped with a board that spans the table's width which is "clipped" onto the back of the table. This painted board is drilled to accept two glued vertical dowels which have slipped over them, cut-to-length pieces of those foam tubes sold as swimming aids one can buy at Walmart. This is what I want the fuel-proofing for, not the plane....and " hardware store" are the definitive words in my request. I prefer to restrain the airplane from the tail as I feel more comfortable without the obstruction of them being in front of the wing! I want my hand to be able to recoil from a near prop-contact incident without obstruction! I enjoy all of my fingers immensely!!! Have any of you had experience with polyurethane spray?? Thanks again!

P.S. I LOVE LHS's......I support them whenever I can afford to!
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:57 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,006 Posts
snowman I'm sorry if my comment was out of taste for you. I just really don't appreciate my own LHS because the service is so bad and I hardly ever get what I need without a special order.