Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 09, 2012, 09:10 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Snowman - Check out Seagull Models. There are some unique planes there.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:06 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,100 Posts
Thanks Wayne, I'll do that!

Well, we just got back from Stevens Point, WI...where my second youngest daughter thought she might want to take her pre-med studies....nice trip and all, but on the way back she starts talking about Bowling Green University in Ohio! Guess that's the next campus we're going to visit....and she's thinking like soon! University of WI, Stevens Point was a steal at $17,940/year (everything included......meals, dorms, tuition, and books even!!) And here I thought her decision was set in stone! A woman's prerogative, I guess!

A bonus on this trip was stopping in at Pope's Hobbyland in Wausau, WI! Talked with the owner and he said for me to pass on the invite to any and all T_ _ _ taholics that might want to come to their fly-in on August 11.........AMA card required to fly, but otherwise a totally redone field! Interested? I'm planning on being there on the 11th! His well-stocked store provided me with a high-torque Hitec servo......and a bunch of odds and ends..........He still has a version 1 T_ _ _t in the yellow/purple scheme!!!!!! $169 though!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:21 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,170 Posts
Dang... will be in Illinois then but that is like 10 hours north and I have 13 hours to get back home..... That would be cool to come up for.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:25 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,170 Posts
NJ FLI event did a little X Promo for us on their shirts.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jul 09, 2012, 11:54 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
off to the mountains camping tomorrow am.... will be without phone, internet, for up to 10 days... so I guess I'll have many pages to read when I get back.....
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:40 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:09 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,518 Posts
Good luck Daniel
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:31 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Thanks Wayne, I'll do that!

Well, we just got back from Stevens Point, WI...where my second youngest daughter thought she might want to take her pre-med studies....nice trip and all, but on the way back she starts talking about Bowling Green University in Ohio! Guess that's the next campus we're going to visit....and she's thinking like soon! University of WI, Stevens Point was a steal at $17,940/year (everything included......meals, dorms, tuition, and books even!!) And here I thought her decision was set in stone! A woman's prerogative, I guess!

A bonus on this trip was stopping in at Pope's Hobbyland in Wausau, WI! Talked with the owner and he said for me to pass on the invite to any and all T_ _ _ taholics that might want to come to their fly-in on August 11.........AMA card required to fly, but otherwise a totally redone field! Interested? I'm planning on being there on the 11th! His well-stocked store provided me with a high-torque Hitec servo......and a bunch of odds and ends..........He still has a version 1 T_ _ _t in the yellow/purple scheme!!!!!! $169 though!
$169 for a T__T 40? I paid $140 for a NIB T__T 60 at my LHS.!

Those college costs..whew...I could have a few really nice large airplanes if it wasn't for paying off college loans for my oldest son! Good luck on her finding a good college that won't break the bank account like a T__T behind the wing saddle
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:47 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwin49 View Post

I vote no on the thong day.
Yesterday I had my back turned to Kerwin50 flying my airplane. He ask me if I have been working out! AUKWARD!
wow LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
LOL Don't want my wife going out and buying glow fuel for cosmetic purposes... I'll leave that to K49
I wasn't talking about cosmetic purposes for your wife when you come home all oily and smooth she'll thank you for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
I was wondering why he kept dropping things for me to pick up!!! Suddenly it all makes sense!!
ROTFLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
O no no no guys.
Thats just not true
We believe you Kerwinalpha50+

Snowman yes the woman can change their mind in a NY second with no remorse lol cool on the hobby shop and $169 for a T40 what the hell do they think they have lol the whole attraction of the original T40 was $99 for a fun plane I could never pay that much for this plane especially knowing I can build it for less then $40 now thanks to Nomatta

DOG sweet on the promo

Well we have someone coming to look at our house tonight heres hoping but in the mean time I had to hold off on my next project which is building the "Speedy Bee" from Jack211's collection delays delays
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:16 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,948 Posts
Haha... Waldo I was just thinking a few steps further in the cosmetic purchase of glow fuel. You see, when I come home with those soft supple hands she'll want to know the secret
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:18 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,100 Posts
Waldo.......Guud Luuck selling the house! Uh...Sorry Waldo, but the Speed Bee (I thought it was the Lazy Bee) was one of mine........I just thought that you're such a avid builder that I'd get to see it in the air sooner if you built it instead than me! That kit was sitting on the top shelf behind some other kits in a Duluth, MN hobby shop named Carr's (if you're ever in Duluth it's worth a stop......this guy has everything.....it's like walking through tunnels of stuff!) . It was covered in dust in the original USPS mailer and looking abandoned....I couldn't resist! That's the history of it.....now I can't wait for you to bring it to life! (Oh, I never checked the contents for completeness....my bad!)
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:50 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,518 Posts
Waldo good luck on selling the house.
Snowy I'm hoping for a report on the little Edge with your new batteries. I know with the battery I borrowed it really made alot more power.
Now I didn't mention it in my flight report. But I'm the luckest man alive. You see after borrowing the battery. I put the little Edge through her paces. upon landing I discovered the battery was just flopping around. It seems his velcro is just the oppsite of my set up.

I also am really happy about the other night when I was working on my harriers with the Green machine. She actually harriered quite well this time while holding alittle rudder.
Usually I try and work on somthing everytime I go out.
I've been working on my harrier landings all summer and yeah while many of them look sloppy or hard landing. They are getting better. Yeah I do get razzed a bit. But thats ok at least I'm getting better.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:22 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,100 Posts
Kerwin, unfortunately I've been swamped with other goings-on and haven't been flying too much. I've used the new batteries a few times and there is an increase in power, but I'm still discovering the nuances of this plane. Unlike some of you guys......I find no shame whatsoever in taking a whole, usable airframe back to the hanger after a day of flying! Hobby shops are distant, expensive, and addictive.....that's why I like to spend as little time repairing them as possible.....I will not pile-drive a plane before its time! (Houseman, in some old wine commercial?)

P.s. It was Orson Welles and John Houseman
Orson Welles Paul Masson Commercial (0 min 11 sec)
Last edited by snowman; Jul 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:49 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,948 Posts
Haha snowman it's funny you should bring that up. I went into the hobby store yesterday to get supplies to fix my 70" and walked out having spent around $70. Ultracote is expensive! I also got 30 min epoxy, fiberglass cloth, misc wood etc. All of it is 70" repair related. I also dropped off my motor at the welding shop and I'm guessing on a $15 bill there. $15 is their minimum so I'm hoping it is really as simple as I think it is to do it real quick.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:49 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,948 Posts
Oh... forgot to mention that includes two xoar props. One 18x8 and one 19x8.