HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:16 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
The first bits of trim I put on I used windex to float them on. But I didn't wait long enough for it to dry before I used my iron. Spent a lot of time poking air/windex bubbles. Then I figured out how the trim solvent works and WALA lots nicer. I didn't strip the top of the wing all the way down because the whole top was done in white so yes the orange is on white. I kind of cheated a little as when I strip the trim pieces it left an out line of the trim on the white. Tape the strip or swoosh to the new color cut it out and place it back on the outlines. The chrome you almost have to use trim solvent as it bubbles bad just trying to iron it on. I'm NO master coverer this is #2 and I have a lot to learn.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:45 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,531 Posts
Jackleg, your doing an awesome job !!! that looks fantastic. it doesn't take long to master the iron, you can practice on socks and shirts, the better half thinks its wonderful your helping but your really practicing your skills.

Snowman I admit I'm a fair weather flyer now, but I did my time in the frosty cold for more years then I can remember, I was so addicted to flying I never had time to build, I'd be out flying every single day, so I would only have 1 plane to fly for years at a time. I started my adventure when I was 8, now 40 years later I'm still as addicted to it, only with a penny or two more to spend on it. so I build a new plane or 3 every year during the frost months. and you'd think after 48 years of flying you'd have to get good at some point I'm still waiting. lol I know your still here in the present form and I'm very glad you are. so you get out there and put those pocketwarmers in every part of your clothing and practice. Waldo's coming.

Mt thats a little snow you have there lol

Plow you have enough pieces to make a Twipe, you want the wing strut measurements so you can show the club a real heart wrencher of a plane. I think your ready. the force is with you.

Everyone here should at least try it once, you don't have to do anything but add two wings.
and just adding 1 wing she flys as sweet as the regular T_ _ _ T as a Bwipe

C'mon kids feel the intensity, FEEL ALIVE!!
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:55 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,204 Posts
Hmmm...Trim tips and cheats

Squeegee out windex with credit card. I cover the edge with masking tape to avoid scrathching.

I have no LHS therefore no trim solvent. After application with windex is dry I use carb cleaner (rich with acetone ) on a Q-tip to do the edges. (it leeches under)

Thin CA applied with a tiny teflon tube works for me.

On some more brutal applications I have sprayed 3M on the back of the trim piece to make it self sticking
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Jan 24, 2010, 09:02 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,434 Posts
No one can argue your covering and trimming abilities DR....no one! *grasshopper will never be able to snatch the stone from your hand!*
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jan 24, 2010, 09:05 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,204 Posts
LOL...well Im not all that and a bag-o-potato chips

I CAN do it but sometimes I skip all of it and use clear tape (Case in point UGHS)

Im no master builder but I just try to throw out there what I happen to know about said subject. Maybe its useable, maybe not
Old Jan 24, 2010, 09:15 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,434 Posts
Well, it's looks like you're having fun doing what you do and it looks like it has brought your whole family together, too! Well done!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jan 24, 2010, 12:21 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,531 Posts
Amen to that !!
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jan 24, 2010, 01:56 PM
GO COLTS!!!!!
Lafayette, IN
Joined Jun 2007
355 Posts
Yes Plow, Go Colts and Saints! The game is getting ready to start and I am ready to eat some tailgating food...
planefixer is offline Find More Posts by planefixer
Old Jan 24, 2010, 04:18 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planefixer View Post
Yes Plow, Go Colts and Saints! The game is getting ready to start and I am ready to eat some tailgating food...

20 ~ 17 right now. That Manning is smart.
plowboy1966 is online now Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jan 24, 2010, 05:02 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,253 Posts
Okay, the Colts are in. Bring on the Saints/Vikings game!!
Old Jan 24, 2010, 05:08 PM
GO COLTS!!!!!
Lafayette, IN
Joined Jun 2007
355 Posts
Headed back to Miami, will the Saints join us???
Old Jan 24, 2010, 05:26 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,253 Posts
We got this. You just got to Breeselive!!
Old Jan 24, 2010, 05:42 PM
GO COLTS!!!!!
Lafayette, IN
Joined Jun 2007
355 Posts
Just watching the post game coverage, and will be switching over shortly to cheer on Brees and Co. for one last time this season. I won't however be able to sheer him on after this game
Old Jan 24, 2010, 06:25 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,204 Posts
I tell ya what....I wasnt so sure that Manning was going to get his head together in time on that one

Looks like this is going to be a high scoring back and forth deal.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 06:26 PM
GO COLTS!!!!!
Lafayette, IN
Joined Jun 2007
355 Posts
No worries, that man's a Genius!