HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 07, 2012, 06:23 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,519 Posts
Tower thats kind of what I was thinking. If the DLE 20 doesn't work out I have 2 other planes I could put it in.
It's all about the money also and I'm also thinking the Green Machine is for special events. and occasions rather than a daily flyer.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2012, 06:28 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlw36 View Post
Sure hope that ain't a requirement Plow. I've been twistless for almost a year now lol. Have saw a few good deals on some used 1.50's, but they are too far away and unwilling to ship. Heck one was still new in the dang box
Shoulda said somethin bro

No tellin what some fool like me might come up with
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Jun 07, 2012, 06:35 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
I don't think it'll make me fly any better, but I just bought a 9C with a Spectrum module from Bonedoc. Hopefully covering for the Telemaster will be here by Tuesday or Wednsday so it will be covered for our early summer fly-in on Saturday.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Jun 07, 2012, 07:01 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,590 Posts
Sweet

Not much else to say lately. Lotsa good goin on, good planes, good food, good friends.
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Jun 07, 2012, 07:22 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Sweet

Not much else to say lately. Lotsa good goin on, good planes, good food, good friends.

Well, that about says it all!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jun 07, 2012, 07:41 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,113 Posts
TowerFlyer......do you have any videos of that T_ _ _ t 150?

Was it someone here that mentioned "Bacon Salt"?

"Rakeboy".........it has a certain ring about it!

Smoke system for a large scale electric: Take a pound of bacon, wrap it with nichrome wire (what's in a toaster), put it in a circuit with it's own channel and VOILA!!!.....the wire heats up and thick bacon smelling clouds of sweet smelling goodness falls upon eager noses!

What a gorgeous day here today! I just got done flying the third charge on the five batteries for the 260.....you'd think I'd have a grin would be from ear to ear, but this last outing was at the soccer field, that we don't have players for, and for some reason I had three people drive by and curse me out for parking on the edge of the field, then there was the guy last night that did the same thing! Miserable Bashtards...who died and made them sheriff? Cops usually stop and watch themselves!! I bet that no resident remembers this field being used for the last 25 years more than once or twice.....yet the township mows the grass and puts up the nets.!!! It must be that times are tough up here (as if they aren't anywhere else, right) and anything that's out of reach for themselves must remind them of that....hence the outburst. Poor Miserable Basstards! I don't usually respond to such outbursts, but next time it's " GFY!" (That doesn't stand for GO FLY, either!)
It's supposed to rain for the next five days so the 41" Edge is going to get built and the UCD finished as much as I can.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jun 07, 2012, 07:41 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Haven't flown in 2 weeks and i am goin nuts! Leaving Minnesota tomorrow and flying saturday i hope

We had a GREAT week "up in the Nort".....best weather we have had in years and we caught a ton of fish of all varieties.....my son probably caught 40 bass in the last 2 days alone, lol

Have to catch up on all the insightful posts in is damn forum, lol
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
damn forum:
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:39 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Haven't flown in 2 weeks and i am goin nuts! Leaving Minnesota tomorrow and flying saturday i hope

We had a GREAT week "up in the Nort".....best weather we have had in years and we caught a ton of fish of all varieties.....my son probably caught 40 bass in the last 2 days alone, lol

Have to catch up on all the insightful posts in is damn forum, lol

That sounds like a lot of fun! I really miss fishing back home. It is good to hear about you guys getting to have such a memorable experience.
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:45 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,113 Posts
Yeah.....what Plow said.
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:49 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Tomorrow will be a long day! I have to drive to San Antonio early to view some Combi (3M) case erectors and have a meeting. It's about 2.5 hours each way.

Then I start my new second job as a server and probably bartender at a restaurant out on the lake. I havent done this sort of work in about 20 years but I used to be pretty good at it. I just hope I can hang with the youngsters!! The managers say they want me on the management team and that I can make 5~7 hundred each weekend. That sounds a little optimistic to me, but hey, I'd be happy with an extra thousand or so every month anyway, if I make more great!! Maybe I'll get that 89" Slick for Christmas!!
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:54 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Yeah.....what Plow said.
Slipped in there on me wild man! I sure am glad to see you posting so much and flying again!! It sounds like you are enjoying the AW plane. What are you cooking this weekend? CreoleBaby wants me to break out the wok and make Thai chicken/pineapple fried rice with cashews. Guess I'll get to that on Sunday as I'm working a double on Saturday.
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:31 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
That sounds like a lot of fun! I really miss fishing back home. It is good to hear about you guys getting to have such a memorable experience.
Thanks guys....yeah, we broke my kid in right, lol. He caught more walleyes than me and I am mad though, lolol . I did laugh my arse off when caught a huge dogfish though, lolol.

Glad to see everyone is flying and having a good time too!
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Jun 07, 2012, 10:28 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,519 Posts
Pliowboy does this mean if I show up I get a free lunch and drinks LOL
Snowy I can't believe those people. Did you ask that guy what kinda bug he's got up his

Guys I didn't tell you about what happened to me today. I was out mowing and as I passed under this hedge tree I lifted a branch to pass. Well wouldn't you know it one of those branches smacked me right in the eye and poked me with a thorn just below the eye.
Now I'm running around with a shiner and everyone is asking me if momma did it. I'm a poor abuse husband.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jun 07, 2012, 10:37 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Pliowboy does this mean if I show up I get a free lunch and drinks LOL
Snowy I can't believe those people. Did you ask that guy what kinda bug he's got up his

Guys I didn't tell you about what happened to me today. I was out mowing and as I passed under this hedge tree I lifted a branch to pass. Well wouldn't you know it one of those branches smacked me right in the eye and poked me with a thorn just below the eye.
Now I'm running around with a shiner and everyone is asking me if momma did it. I'm a poor abuse husband.
dang man... remind me not to hang with you... maybe we should get you some full body armor
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer