1,461 Posts
You guys are killin' me!!!
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2012, 04:06 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,956 Posts
7 days a week! You are a better man than me....I believe I'm starting to coast already.

Looking for round two if the winds will die down. 10-15 mph now.
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jun 05, 2012, 04:12 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
Haha... you guys are funny.

I have a couple things to share. I bought a pile of old airplane stuff from a neighbor for $100. There is one gem in the mess that is worth the whole pile. Most of the stuff is going in the trash because it's not worth storing or trying to sell.

In amongst the mess is a beautiful high wing plane with a 71 or 72" wing span. The plane has almost no dihedral and is set up with an older OS 61 SF engine that runs really nice (I flew this plane once last year).

As you guys well know I don't have any glow plane equipment anymore so having a glow plane is the last thing on my mind. I was halfway tempted to purchase one of these and convert it to gas. In an effort to talk myself out of spending the cash on the new engine I called my brother and sold him the plane RTF except an RX pack for $150. This includes a JR 6103 radio and rx. He is going to love that plane and I'm happy I to make $50 on the deal and still give him a great deal on the plane. I will also have a Thunder Tiger pro 46 that needs a HSN. I think I'll get the part and try firing it up to make sure it's good before I try and sell it. It looks like new and has good compression. If anyone is interested let me know.

I also got an email back from Mike at ibcinyourc.com letting me know there is absolutely nothing wrong with the PTE motor I sent back to him. He says it vibrates just about as much as I should expect from a single cylinder gas engine. I am happy it checks out after being somewhat nervous about it. When it gets back I think I'll send the piston off to Frank Bowman for a new ring.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jun 05, 2012, 04:26 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
Nate I would still go thru that engine, like the intake block/ reeds mating. There are some good threads on that engine. I still tink if the DLE 55's timing worked the best and the rcexcel ing that he sent you was bad, I'd still ask for a rcexcel ign. That engine vibrates alot.
Get a profile for that pro 46. They are screaming engines.
I've been playing with my planes today some but mainly taking it easy as my leg an back have not healed since the big twist crashing. Yes I'm still twistless.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jun 05, 2012, 04:27 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
7 days a week! You are a better man than me....I believe I'm starting to coast already.

Looking for round two if the winds will die down. 10-15 mph now.

If you ever saw how hard my wife works, you'd understand. I work full time and do most of the shopping (although we like to go together, it's like a cheap date) the cooking and the kid rearing, and she still makes me feel like a slacker!

Have fun out there! I might try to go for a couple hours tomorrow evening as I know someone will be at the field for Wednesday training.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jun 05, 2012, 05:30 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,553 Posts
Good vid of the Venus crossing....

http://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/assets/mov/...OD_HMIC_FR.jpg

Happening RIGHT NOW BTW
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Jun 05, 2012, 08:01 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Where is u2builder?

Cool pic Shane!
Old Jun 05, 2012, 08:37 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,956 Posts
Man, it's frustrating when you can't find 1800 mAh batteries for the 41" Edge....I have 1300's and two 1800's, but I'd like four more, but no one has Gen Ace! Even if I find a battery it has a different end......banana, deans, etc....is there no such thing as standardization? Even 2100 mAh would work.........but then I have to solder Deans female ends on........but no one place has every thing I need......so do I have to order from Tower, Hobby King, and Hobby Partz for four batteries, balancing leads, and female Deans plugs? !!!! What's with this LiPo battery shortage.....are they being bought up by meth heads or what? *rant* Is there a source out there that has it all in stock?????
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jun 05, 2012, 08:57 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Man, it's frustrating when you can't find 1800 mAh batteries for the 41" Edge....I have 1300's and two 1800's, but I'd like four more, but no one has Gen Ace! Even if I find a battery it has a different end......banana, deans, etc....is there no such thing as standardization? Even 2100 mAh would work.........but then I have to solder Deans female ends on........but no one place has every thing I need......so do I have to order from Tower, Hobby King, and Hobby Partz for four batteries, balancing leads, and female Deans plugs? !!!! What's with this LiPo battery shortage.....are they being bought up by meth heads or what? *rant* Is there a source out there that has it all in stock?????
being bought up by the "3DhS heads"
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Last edited by mt_flyer; Jun 05, 2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: typo???
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:08 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
Quote:
I know it's a pain but you should just keep a pile of deans rdy to solder... I do it all the time.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:09 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I know it's a pain but you should just keep a pile of deans rdy to solder... I do it all the time.
+1.. hard to find any LiPos with deans
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:36 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
http://www.radicalrc.com/category/Whats-New-1

I like this site for batteries. At least when I was racing I did. Check em out Snowman, they let you choose your connector.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 10:02 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I get mine from DealXtreme

HK's are allright if they have them.
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Jun 05, 2012, 10:36 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,766 Posts
No clips needed for fuel driven toys lol sorry just had to go there lol

Dad sweet pic!! Best I've seen yet for sure of course we were under clouds during the event and of course the sun popped out for about 4 minutes during my drive to band practice and didn't have my sonic tube and foil with a pin hole with me at the time DOH!!! Lol

Plow thats a very noble thing to do for the wife and I'm sure she has your back also

Nate nice deal for sure and happiness spread through the family as well

Graphics??? Those pics are real ok except 1 lol
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jun 05, 2012, 10:52 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
I don't know waldo I struggled with that issue just last month with the Green Machine. I had a futaba end and it wouldn't plug into a hitec extension. I had to do some soldering there.

Snowy I have a Gforce 2100 amd a gforce 1800 as well as 2 genace 1550. yeah I had to order dean ultras from tower and do my own soldering. I'm with you it's a pain.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50